NameSilo

domain PayPit.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
2,468
Hello NPers.

As I reported in the Snap of the day thread, I bought this domain a few weeks back. I ended up paying a bit over what I wanted to pay but still felt comfortable with the investment.

I didn't want to flip this one for a small profit. I wanted to wait for as long as necessary until I get a good high offer.

The other day I received an initial offer which I simply rejected. Today I received a counter-offer. Not the good high return, but not the small profit either.

That is why I wanted to get some feedback about what you guys think it could worth or what you'd price it if you were the owner.

Is it a 3-figure domain, a 4-figure domain?

Thank you.
Dom.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hmmm I think you overpaid for this domain Dominic.

Personally I don't like it.

But since you got offers, there exist people who like it ;)

The parts I like are : the 3+3 letters, the alliteration and it being a Pay-related domain.

I would let it go for low 4-digits.

GL :)
 
4
•••
Hi Dom

This is a domain for which you can't do outbound as there are no potential buyers using similar brand name or domain name. So this one is a long term hold. If you are willing to hold this domain for a long time, as you never know whether you'll receive an offer on it ever again, then you should hold it. Depending on the potential buyer and what he/she s willing to pay, this can sell from high $xxx to mid $xxxx.
 
1
•••
It has "Pay" in it and its a .com. Thats a good start. Not sure how i feel about the "pit" part but ya never know!!

Unfortunately, i sense this wil be a long hold. But for right end-user you could see mid/high XXXX. I stress "end user", 'cus i just dont see any other reseller giving you much for it.
 
1
•••
Hmmm I think you overpaid for this domain Dominic.

Personally I don't like it.

But since you got offers, there exist people who like it ;)

The parts I like are : the 3+3 letters, the alliteration and it being a Pay-related domain.

I would let it go for low 4-digits.

GL :)

I agree with this response. There is some appeal, especially the 3+3, but I don't see it reaching the 4-digit range unless you really do hold it for a while and stress the end user. Overall it's a good acquire, just think you may have overpaid a little if you want a big profit. Gonna take a few re-regs before this one gets sold. Anyways, good luck to you!
 
1
•••
Pay names often do well. I sold a Pay+suffix name for $5400 a few weeks ago and another keyword keyword one for $2000 last year. However, I don't see much value in this one.

Here are some definitions for "pit":

- A place or situation of futility, misery, or degradation
- A large hole in the ground.
- (pit someone/something against) Set someone or something in conflict or competition with: a chance to pit herself against him.
- An enclosed, usually sunken area in which animals, such as dogs or gamecocks, are placed for fighting.

As others have pointed out, it sounds really nice due to the alliterative quality, and looks good due to the balance between 3L3L. However, looking beyond this, the word "pit" is contextually irrelevant to "Pay", and what is more problematic is that it carries mostly negative connotations, and isn't really a "brandable" word. Words that have no direct relation to "pay", but are neutral or have positive connotations would work far better in term of forming a brand (e.g. Pay + "Pad" or "Pal" or "Pro").

If you can sell for a small profit now, I would take it right away, and invest the money into another domain, rather than holding out for a big profit for this one. If the namebio sales data is correct, it seems like it's going to be challenging to make a decent roi on this name (10x).
 
2
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back