Domain Empire

PayPal sucks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I sold something to a non-us verified paypal member about 10 days ago.
The money was in my account since.

Today, I received an email from paypal with the title:
Temporary Hold Pending Investigation
It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially
unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In
the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question
until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a
deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to
continue transacting using your PayPal account.

And they hold the money (deduct from my balance).

1. Is Paypal responsible for checking the other member before authorize the transaction?
2. We pay fee for every transaction - Do we deserve a secure service?

Luckily the transaction is only in the $xxx amount, otherwise I'll be stucked with my fund for a while. I just don't understand this.
What happen if I spend all the money and my balance is always $1?

Paypalsucks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi! I use paypal all the time---Once you get paid with paypal you need to drain your account right away--Take that debit card to your bank and ask the teller for a cash advance--No Fees---You never sell to a unconfirmed buyer from overseas ---Thats the worse thing you can do---I am afraid paypal will rule in there favor---There are a ton of overseas scams with paypal--I wil never sell overseas,Thanks Chris

•••
everyone makes mistakes, including big companies. if i were you, i would email them, and/or the better option call them. normally when you call a company the issue is straightened out in an hour or less

•••
If that buyer used a stolen chargecard to pay you ---You will be out the money--Thats why i will never ever sell to overseas people---If i got screwed in the Us for more then 300.00 with a paypal transaction---I will take that buyer to court

•••
FloridaDomains said:
If that buyer used a stolen chargecard to pay you ---You will be out the money--Thats why i will never ever sell to overseas people---If i got screwed in the Us for more then 300.00 with a paypal transaction---I will take that buyer to court

Why? court would cost you more than $300

•••
I have Pay-PalSucks.com if that is any use :laugh:

•••
Not really --I heard many powersellers taking ebayers to court and getting back court fees plus travel expenses---plus i have over 150,000 flyer miles to use " If delta does not take them away"

•••
Well I guess this means don't sell to or buy from unverified members. They are unverified for a reason.

•••
Qwert said:
Well I guess this means don't sell to or buy from unverified members. They are unverified for a reason.

They're "Non-US Verified"

•••
I sell to unconfirmed paypal addresses but i make them sign for the package to confirm they got it.Plus i also pay for a delivery confirmation---So i double protect myself---I just had someone try a chargeback 2 weeks ago and paypal ruled in my favor

•••
That was your big mistake "Non US"

Last edited:
•••
I have my own merchant account, with about 2/3 of my clients being from the US. About 90% of my chargebacks are from US clients, US credit cards, and US IP addresses. From this, I've learned to accept all clients, whatever country they are in.

What I do check is IP location, so if someone gives a US address, but the IP says he's ordering from Spain, then I contact the client for clarification, and possibly a signed order form via fax.

I don't use Paypal, though, so maybe what Chris suggests as far as Paypal goes is reasonable. Maybe Paypal's non-US security is not up to par?

•••
Oh so it's just US verified. Well thats stupid, why doesn't Paypal just make it international?

•••
Well that sucks John. I have had both reversals and ppl who pay for things but never ask for anything in return?? They just pay randomly! very odd. I just log it and if they want it they can come and get it.

It is difficult when someone throws xxx at you and you never really know if the buyer is not verified before they pay. I have had many success deals with non verified ppl but it is a good reminder for all of us I think. I know it is for me anyway.

IF you only had a dollar in your account you would have a negative balance by the way.

•••
if you are that worried, you can use escrow.com . however, i think if you talk to someone, then you can just see if they are "for real" or just a scammer

•••
lol there are so many of these threads. I have seen so many paypal sucks threads it isn't funny......

Unfortunately, there isn't any good alternatives

•••
Paypal will most likely hold your money for 6 months unless they can find that the card used was stolen. Then you will not see the money again.

paypalsucks.com has some really good info about some of the things that have happened with them.

Also ANYONE buying ans selling Domains with paypal. If you buy or sell an obvious ADULT domain, And they see it, they WILL freeze your account, and try to impose a 500$ fine for dealing with an adult transaction. So be careful how things are done.

•••
I opened a local bank account (At a fee free bank ;) ) that I use for paypal. It gets automatically emptied every day into an online bank account so it's 2 steps removed from PayPal. Then, whenenver someone used a stolen card (Or just disputes a charge that I know is not legit) I'm protected. Then close that bank account and open a new one (Or just have the bank change your accoutn number).

Pay Pal does suck, considering they purport to have so much "protection"

-Allan

•••
that's a risk you took by dealing with a not verified person

•••
Transfer funds immediately...

I use Paypal for both my website and Ebay store. As soon as I get a sale I transfer the funds immediately to my business account. Two/Three days later I hit the bank's drive though and move the funds from my business to personal account... OR, I simply withdraw the funds as cash.

I get quite a bit of overseas traffic so it is important to grab those funds the moment you can... especially, if you are selling a product which you ship as soon as you receive payment! :tu:

Lyte

•••
FloridaDomains said:
That was your big mistake "Non US"
welp, does it mean that I have no more rights to buy here? I hold a NON US Verified PP and I didn't had any troubles about trading from anyone on the net for years.... prove your claim

•••
Paypal Rocks

Paypal has allowed me to expand and manage my business allowing a way for my clients to pay me and allowing me to send money without any trouble at all.

I havn't had one problem with paypal, except when some stupid guy put a charge on me and then paypal sorted that out :)

I havn't had any troubles with it since, its been perfect. Just because you have one problem that doesn't mean right away it sucks!!!

•••
I also hold NON US PP account and have not got any trouble trading with anyone over here or any other forum.
So i also have same question as netPH has..

•••
It should not matter whether US or non-US as long as Paypal said "verified member"

What upset me is why Paypay "VERIFIED THEM" but make me suffer?

If that's the case then what "VERIFIED" means?

This is SUCKS!

•••
johnn said:
It should not matter whether US or non-US as long as Paypal said "verified member"

What upset me is why Paypay "VERIFIED THEM" but make me suffer?

If that's the case then what "VERIFIED" means?

This is SUCKS!
yeah, it does makes sense.... so what's the use of being *verified*?? :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back