Dynadot

PayPal sucks!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I sold something to a non-us verified paypal member about 10 days ago.
The money was in my account since.

Today, I received an email from paypal with the title:
Temporary Hold Pending Investigation
It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially
unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In
the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question
until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a
deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to
continue transacting using your PayPal account.

And they hold the money (deduct from my balance).

1. Is Paypal responsible for checking the other member before authorize the transaction?
2. We pay fee for every transaction - Do we deserve a secure service?

Luckily the transaction is only in the $xxx amount, otherwise I'll be stucked with my fund for a while. I just don't understand this.
What happen if I spend all the money and my balance is always $1?

Paypalsucks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
never happened to me, and i just got $76 so i just transfered it to my account :)

•••
Verifed that paypal is sucked!

•••
Bless are the ignorant. PayPal's success today on the ability make it easy to transact on the Internet. And they crack down very hard on fraud.

If you can't accept the risk of transacting a few lousy hundreds of dollars on PayPal, use snailpay. Wire-transfer and Escrow is still very much alive.

You chose to accept PayPal because it helps encourage closure of a sale through no hassle ease of transaction. Yet, you reject PayPal for its easy no hassle ease of fraud?

To be blunt but pragmatic, PayPal doesn't need customers like these. They will just axe them from the system to send them to their competitors, too much problems, too little revenue. PayPal is not a church, just a very successful transaction system. Try using Stormpay.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back