IT.COM

PayPal Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok. I was reading up on Paypals chargeback terms and they can only do a chargeback if it is from a credit card right?

So why don't we only accept payments that are not from a credit card. Then you can not charge back.
Am I missing something, or will this work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there's another one so-called refund.

ihatebeans said:
Ok. I was reading up on Paypals chargeback terms and they can only do a chargeback if it is from a credit card right?

So why don't we only accept payments that are not from a credit card. Then you can not charge back.
Am I missing something, or will this work?

•••
so whats the best solution with paypal ?

make transfer of domain after some days after the payment

Last edited:
•••
chandan123 said:
so whats the best solution with paypal ?

make transfer of domain after some days after the payment
The best solution is to not use PayPal at all. Chargebacks can be made even 60 days after the transaction. Your best bet is to go with Moneybookers or simply to accept check, money order, or Escrow as a form of payment.

•••
how about telling the buyer to open a dispute and close the dispute

read some where not sure how it works ?

•••
Edit

Last edited:
•••
•••
well paypal is a big company and they need to make money so if you are using there services you better pay them. Its good for them and also yourself

•••
Simply put: Paypal is not safe for sellers. People just have to go to some internet cafe, pay for the product, download the product and then claim: "oh I was never aware my account was used" and your funds are gone again. Doesn't matter if credit card payment or not.

•••
"oh I was never aware my account was used" and your funds are gone again. Doesn't matter if credit card payment or not.

Amen to that just got stung for $200 even after using the open / close dispute way!!

use paypal - leave yourself open to refunds!! - best to use only a trusted source!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back