Domain Empire

status-resolved PayPal Friends and Family

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blank

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Namepros mods are not what they used to be. Now they care about money from “blue” accounts and being right even when they’re clearly wrong... not about keeping this clean, safe and ethical.

I miss @Amanda...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's a huge attitude difference.
@Amanda used to care about this community, about keeping the members safe and the forum clean.
These mods care about blue accounts and apply the same rules differently in identical circumstances if you paid for an upgraded account...

I guess you don’t know what measures the NP Mods take to prevent fraudsters , scammers, hackers etc , ... Keeping you safe 24/7/365 ... toughest job to do.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
@Lox - you are probably talking about the old mods
The new ones are clueless or are just applying rules differently for paid / non-paid accounts.

Anyway - old respected members already left because of how good (or ethically correct) the new mods are (see @Grilled for example). I will not leave, I'll just stop reporting issues and caring altogether.

namepros is no longer a community for me. It's just a place to do some risky business.

Last edited:
•••
The new ones are clueless or are just applying rules differently for paid / non-paid accounts.

Can you provide some evidence?

•••
See who's permitted to request PayPal Friends & Family even after @Eric Lyon was so much against it only a little while ago.

Anyway - as I said - I've had enough. This is just a place to do (risky) business for me from now on.

Last edited:
•••
@Lox The new ones are clueless or are just applying rules differently for paid / non-paid accounts.

apply for f.e. blue/gold account and see if there's any difference. So far my account is treated as your
See who's permitted to request PayPal Friends & Family even after @Eric Lyon was so much against it only a little while ago.

Anyway - as I said - I've had enough. This is just a place to do (risky) business for me from now on.

PayPal Friends & Family is for Friends & Family. Business $ doesn't belong there (& E.L. is absolutely right) Wish you Good Luck & all the way the Best! :)

Regards

Last edited:
•••

What do you mean? I've asked for F&F among other methods (only once tho) in my recent thread just a few days ago and no one batted an eye. I still fail to see how us ''puny'' members are treated any worse than upgraded members.

•••
•••
And now my posts have been moved to a brand new thread .. marked as resolved.
What more can I say? Do I need to say anything more?

•••
Hello,

It's surprising that even something as universally proven, time-tested, supported by mountains of public evidence, and unequivocally factual as "NamePros does not provide special treatment to anyone, for any reason" is still used as an excuse when something is misunderstood or doesn't go someone's way.

No, we do not give anyone special treatment to anyone, including Blue members, Gold members, VIP members, and PRO members.

Our stance on using PayPal Friends and Family has been the same for 3-5 years, which is well documented in public support threads.

What is it that you think changed or changes based on who is involved?

•••
Your posts were not relevant where you posted them. As such, we could either delete them or move them. We moved them to a new thread so your concerns could be discussed.

The thread you originally posted in is a resolved thread, and therefore, when your posts were moved to create a new thread, our forum software used (copied) the same status automatically. If you had waited a couple more minutes, you would have seen that we reset the status of this thread after that happened.

•••
I've been a member here just over a month. Gold Account for 1 month. Mods treated the same when I was a Blue account. Since I'm new, I sometimes make mistakes on the forums and chat and the mods make sure they let me know and give me warnings when I do something wrong. Which is what they should be doing.

As for PP Friends/Family, we're here to do business, not donate to friends. Plain and simple. If you're worried about charge backs or disputes just use Bitcoin.

GL.

•••
Our mods have "Always" done an outstanding job since this forum opened and went live, I don't see any difference today as opposed to when i joined in 2005, The mods have always been fair and impartial no matter the status of the member IMO. I don't see that anything has changed with the addition of "Voluntary" paid members.

It is the exact same NamePros i joined, Just a new era

•••
"doesn't go someone's way"? Really?
What exactly could I have gained?

Search your records - do I not report threads breaking the rules without having anything to gain (e.g. not being involved in that thread at all)? I thought it was all for the best of the community. I will stop - don't worry. Moderate your own forum.

I simply wanted the same rules to be observed and enforced for all members. I remember countless auctions posted in by @Amanda (for example) where the seller was asked to remove the Pay Pal Friends and Family as it is against nP rules. I can't give examples quickly because her account can't be searched like that. I am sure I can find examples if you really want to go there.

The same position has been strongly supported by @Eric Lyon.
I am not sure what you mean by "Our stance on using PayPal Friends and Family has been the same for 3-5 years" as this is clearly not the case.

Do I need to explain that those fees don't just vanish into thin air and the buyer needs to pay ... which is against the rules?
Do I need to explain that it is a lot less safe to use PayPal Friends and Family since you give up ALL protection?

PS: You erased one of my bids and then you notified me it was binding. Well that's some professional behavior there... Way to go mods...

Last edited:
•••
"doesn't go someone's way"? Really?
What exactly could I have gained?
If something does not have the result that someone expects, then it did not go their way. That can be as simple as a report being rejected.

I simply wanted the same rules to be observed and enforced for all members.
They are.

I remember countless auctions posted in by @Amanda (for example) where the seller was asked to remove the Pay Pal Friends and Family as it is against nP rules.
We just searched every post of hers and none of them contain the text "friends and family" or "friends & family."

What other search terms should we use?

The same position has been strongly supported by @Eric Lyon.
You may be thinking of the rare instances that PayPal Friends and Family was used to commit fraud, and we recommend against using it with anyone you did not fully trust (i.e., friends or family). But that is a recommendation and not a requirement. There has not been a rule against it since 2015.

We hope that helps.

Edited to add the exact year the rule was removed.

Last edited:
•••
I'm done.
Do what you want.

•••
With the addition of this post, we believe everything has been clarified and we're marking this as resolved.

To respond to the edits you added after posting:

Do I need to explain that those fees don't just vanish into thin air and the buyer needs to pay ... which is against the rules?
Most of the time, there are no fees with that payment option. However, there are circumstances that include fees such as when you are sending money to a seller in certain countries.

Here's the rule you're referring to:
  • Rule 6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees except those the buyer could have avoided or the buyer chooses to pay...
Therefore, if the buyer sees a fee when paying with this payment method, then the buyer has the right to deduct the fee amount from the payment amount sent to the seller as per rule 6.1.7. Or, the buyer and seller can agree to another payment method. Or, the buyer can decide/agree to pay the fee. The rules are guidelines and to help.

Do I need to explain that it is a lot less safe to use PayPal Friends and Family since you give up ALL protection?
This is why we do not recommend using the payment method with anyone you do not fully trust (i.e., friends or family).

If someone has that as the only payment option and you do not trust them, then you should not make a deal with them (e.g., don't bid on their auction). However, that is the buyer's choice to make and not ours.

PS: You erased one of my bids and then you notified me it was binding. Well that's some professional behavior there... Way to go mods...
It sounds like a mistake was made and then corrected. We're all human and mistakes are inevitable, but that doesn't mean it's unprofessional.

Please provide more details about this incident if you'd like us to investigate.

Edited to link to where this secondary topic is continued: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1172385/

Last edited:
•••
Anybody using "friends and family" for business is risking their paypal account. It may be flagged. All pp accounts are flagged earlier or later, but in this case it would happen faster and would be harder to resolve.

•••

My posts have been moved too. Mods relocating my posts every now and then and it took me a year to figure out - Hey there's logic behind ... so now I know (80%) WW , what & where to post.

Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back