Dynadot

PayPal Bans Sav.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My guess is it had something to do with their strange pre-authorization thing they were doing to bid in auctions. It probably threw some automatic red flags at Pay Pal?

•••
My guess is it had something to do with their strange pre-authorization thing they were doing to bid in auctions. It probably threw some automatic red flags at Pay Pal?

From their blog post: "The email didn’t state any more information except that there was a trademark or copyright violation regarding the sale of an item."

•••
holy shit. I knew this wasn't temp bug after their email said to add new pay metod for future. I'm gonna say odds of getting back are slim...just when I moved 95percent my 1k names there.. now I gotta find new home... oh well lots transfer work but at least save few bucks transfering... maybe that's best anyway.. transfer each yr.. save few bucks...sav has good renew prices too but often beatable by transfer prices.

•••
PayPal will not ban anyone without a valid violation. Sav, though I am having my majority domain names there, has its own mistakes, they charge their client unjustly. There so many anti clients things that Sav should stop immediately. The tragedy is that they will not listen to your vows. PayPal protects Buyers' interests more. May be they might have received a lot of complaints against Sav.
Sav, should be just fair to its clients, they should not exploit our credit cards/PayPal store in our account. They charge immediately, but they take no care to refund for any failure in domain registration on their part. They don't refund immediately like others, we need to remind them and wait for more than a week.

•••
I had zero payment issues ever with sav. so the only thing could be auctions. which I never did. otherwise for paypal payments sav was perfect.

•••
PayPal will not ban anyone without a valid violation. Sav, though I am having my majority domain names there, has its own mistakes, they charge their client unjustly. There so many anti clients things that Sav should stop immediately. The tragedy is that they will not listen to your vows. PayPal protects Buyers' interests more. May be they might have received a lot of complaints against Sav.
Sav, should be just fair to its clients, they should not exploit our credit cards/PayPal store in our account. They charge immediately, but they take no care to refund for any failure in domain registration on their part. They don't refund immediately like others, we need to remind them and wait for more than a week.
Although I use PayPal, Paypal's customer service sucks, no matter how many times I tried reaching I only got connected to the bot. I just gave up.

Last edited:
•••
Although I use PayPal, Paypal's customer service sucks, no matter how many times I tried reaching I only got connected to the bot. I just gave up.

it is true.. but they are still best.

•••

I'd like to offer a different perspective here.

Haven't had such issues with Sav. But then I don't use their marketplace so its probably that. Not defending Sav, maybe they did something but I have no chance to know directly.

On the other hand, PayPal is a dinosaur, and it's predatory tactics are well known. If I recall correctly Epik was the first to get banned.

A normal payments company should first give a chance to their client to clean their act before kicking them out. And give more information about that. But PP ain't gonna do that, ever. And I assume Sav was doing enough volume.

PayPal is also known to hold client's money indefinitely when they do this. I wonder how much Sav has lost. To me, such a company abuses its power to hurt businesses that are shut off from a necessary payment method indefinitely. I do hope such predatory, abusive firms will not live long enough in the new web that is emerging today.

This is a chance for Sav to clean their act ( if the mentioned things are there, I just don't know as I said ) and implement a ton of other payment methods that would compensate PP. I don't know, Payoneer, Venmo, even Wise transfers etc.

Edit: I don't know how to qualify this happening to Sav, whether it's just a kick in the btt or, in fact, a chance to make a leap forward.

Last edited:
•••
I'd like to offer a different perspective here.

Haven't had such issues with Sav. But then I don't use their marketplace so its probably that. Not defending Sav, maybe they did something but I have no chance to know directly.

On the other hand, PayPal is a dinosaur, and it's predatory tactics are well known. If I recall correctly Epik was the first to get banned.

A normal payments company should first give a chance to their client to clean their act before kicking them out. And give more information about that. But PP ain't gonna do that, ever. And I assume Sav was doing enough volume.

PayPal is also known to hold client's money indefinitely when they do this. I wonder how much Sav has lost. To me, such a company abuses its power to hurt businesses that are shut off from a necessary payment method indefinitely. I do hope such predatory, abusive firms will not live long enough in the new web that is emerging today.

This is a chance for Sav to clean their act ( if the mentioned things are there, I just don't know as I said ) and implement a ton of other payment methods that would compensate PP. I don't know, Payoneer, Venmo, even Wise transfers etc.

Edit: I don't know how to qualify this happening to Sav, whether it's just a kick in the btt or, in fact, a chance to make a leap forward.

will u move yer install unsmall folio ?

•••
Unfortunately we've allowed PP to dominate the payments market. Use alternatives just to keep things competitive.

I only use them because there are still so many ecommerce places that either require them exclusively or my older 50+ clients want to use them "they're the only ones I trust" they say. Not sure how accurate that trust is, and definitely common to be burned by PP (or made to wait ages for one's own $, with no recourse).

EDIT: not a pro SAV comment, but just because SAV might have issues, doesn't mean PP is right either

Last edited:
•••
For all PayPal baiters, listen: PayPal is like a Cancer, and Cancer has no cure, one has to endure it.
I am a strong advocate of voices which want suitable alternative for PayPal. But, reason unknow, even Google did not care to compete with PayPal. Though Payoneer is there, but not liked by many. The big sharks should introduce a PayPal like Payment Gateway soon.

•••
One problem with SAV is when we are participating in an auction. Every time we place a bid, they collect money from our Paypal, automatically. And then when we outbid the auction it is said that the payment is cancelled. You can imagine if we outbid 5 times, and the Paypal account will be charged 5 times, and cancelled 5 times.

Suppose to be Paypal Account only charged after the auction is closed and we win the auction.

My credit card company sents SMS every time I have a transaction, and I can get until 10 SMS only to bid in one auction in SAV. Because every time I place a bid, SAV collect money, than cancel the transaction when I am outbid. And so on until the auction is closed.

I didn't complain about this to Paypal, but seems Credit Card Company filed a complain to Paypal for this way of auctions in SAV..

Last edited:
•••
For all PayPal baiters, listen: PayPal is like a Cancer, and Cancer has no cure, one has to endure it.
I am a strong advocate of voices which want suitable alternative for PayPal. But, reason unknow, even Google did not care to compete with PayPal. Though Payoneer is there, but not liked by many. The big sharks should introduce a PayPal like Payment Gateway soon.

I'd argue that everything except PayPal is cancer

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back