NameSilo

Payoneer jumps into domain name escrow business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for all the positive posts. I have followed the development of the company (formerly Armor Payments) and am very pleased to be associated with them. Solid product and good people. You can find me at [email protected]. All the best,
Brandon

•••
Okay, here's the fees page:

https://escrow.payoneer.com/fees

upload_2016-9-12_18-58-21.png

•••
Payoneer is one of the best companies I've dealt with - their customer service is unmatched - I've used them with several Hundred Thousand Dollars without a hickup !!!

Glad to see them jumping on board - I hope they'll eventually compete with PayPal.

-Rami

•••
Global payments company begins catering to the domain name industry.

payoneer-escrow.jpg
Global payments company Payoneer is getting into the domain name escrow business with the help of former Escrow.com president Brandon Abbey.

Read more...

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/09/12/payoneer-jumps-domain-name-escrow-business/

Yeah this is awesome news........Payoneer support might be a bit on the slow side....but I have been using Payoneer for some time now ( 3 years) and I've only once had to contact their support..... you even get a debit card that u can use to withdraw funds from ATM's

•••
Paypal used to accept Payoneer bank accounts but they suddenly stopped when they realized (probably) that Payoneer is moving ahead too fast and becoming a genuine competitor. So maybe that is related? In time I think Payoneer Escrow might accept payments from Paypal but it will need some changes from Paypal too.

No They didn't stop - All my PayPal balances goes to my US Bank in Payoneer. In fact - sometimes we shouldn't discuss fees "especially when they're still lower than competition" because of Convenience! Payoneer appreciate loyal clients too - they assigned a dedicated account manager for me and their response time is sometimes in few minutes.

Their card is in my pocket all the time where I can withdraw about $2500 per day via ATMs or user any POS for $5000 purchases per days. That's better than many global ATM cards out there.

They do NOT charge 4% nor does banks - they charge a Fixed $3.5 per ATM withdrawal , Banks charge a fixed amount (NOT because of Payoneer - but because if you withdraw from a different bank than the one that issued your card in your country , they will STILL charge you)

I've NEVER been charged 4% by banks or Payoneer - been with them since they started.

And in case of Ukraine - my wife is from Ukraine and she says it's terrible dealing with PayPal in Ukraine - so if you have like $20K in PayPal funds - what's your solution? Payoneer solved this and gave you a debit card and they charge ONLY 1% to get the funds to your Payoneer account from PayPal.

In Short - Payoneer is a WONDERFUL company - I wish it all the best - and I hope to see it replace PayPal soon as it has all the potential to do so.

Kharasho? :)

-Rami

•••
Thanks, but I know Payoneer... and I don't need ATMs...
I need serious escrow with low fees + wire transfers to receive my money.

Also, per my understanding, with Payoneer you can't push the domain into escrow-account (like on Sedo), only directly to another party...

True - but so is the case with Escrow.com - you push to the buyer directly. I do agree however it's a flaw (or less headache for them) in Escrow.com's and Payoneer's plan as I am a fan of having the funds and the domain in Escrow's hands rather than waiting for the buyer to confirm etc.

But I do believe in Payoneer as I had a very good personal experience with them and I believe they will take it to the next level.

•••
My friend from London (not young domainer also) had a terrible experience with PayPal, was totally blocked with serious 4-figure sum in his account...

Probably a matter of luck :) Last year (2015) I used PayPal with Over $235,000 - All from Domains - and All went to Payoneer - Zero Problems - Zero Hiccups - NEVER got blocked - have a personal account manager in PayPal too - and my Withdrawal from PayPal to Payoneer take 1 DAY! (Not 3 to 5 business days) ... WHY? I don't know - but that's my case.

-Rami

•••
Today Payoneer Escrow only works with payments in US dollars but that limitation will go away in 2017. As far as individuals are concerned, they can use Payoneer Escrow but the payment method options and the payment amounts are more limited than if they use a business account. Please note that we are about to release our credit card payment method, so that should make things easier for many of you.

•••
Yes! I'm glad.. Hopefully their prices will be low though

"Expect Payoneer Escrow to compete on price. A price comparison provided by the company shows that it plans to undercut the competition, especially with sub-$10,000 transactions, which make up the majority of the market."

•••
Yeah this is awesome news........Payoneer support might be a bit on the slow side....but I have been using Payoneer for some time now ( 3 years) and I've only once had to contact their support..... you even get a debit card that u can use to withdraw funds from ATM's
Wow, that's great news!

Secure Escrow at half the cost of unsafe Paypal and I can still use a debit card!!!

•••
I have been using payoneer for the past four years and had received a lot monwy through them. I like their card though banks do charge here 4% . Before 3-4 months I applied for their escrow...Armoured Payments was the name I think and I went throught some questions and other checks and they accepted me. It is really great .

Their email support takes time but they do provide 24/7 phone support and also more than 8 hours live chat so I think there are no worries.

They will be real player indeed. They also offer free bank transfer to many countries so that is another feature that will help a lot. Paypal is just wellknown for bwing the first starter but I even see Skrill being better than Paypal.

•••
How it solves when buyer strictly wants to pay via PayPal???
https://escrow.payoneer.com/segments/domainnames
PayPal is NOT supported.

Not in Case of Escrow - when the payment is $1000 or less (at least in my experience - and sometimes up to $3000) people don't usually mind paying directly to your PayPal - No need for escrow at all - I know this takes us out of the scope of the "Escrow" part of Payoneer - but here it does solve our (at least MINE) problem to accept PayPal and have access to my funds very fast while PayPal would ONLY allow me to withdraw $500 a day and via a VISA Card.

Escrow.com would NOT take BIG payment via PayPal - Not even via Credit Card if you go big - you will need to send an ACH. and So is the case with Sedo. So PayPal is NOT ALWAYS an option even in the case of escrow.com or sedo.com !!! Getting my point?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes! I'm glad.. Hopefully their prices will be low though

•••
Finally! I'm tired of all the bugs on Escrow.com since they sold out. This is a welcomed surprise!

•••
With Sedo I lose no more than $20 when using Wire Transfer from their German bank to my Ukrainian bank.

But the most disappointing thing with Payoneer is that buyers can't pay for domains via PayPal.
All other Escrow-services accept PayPal.
Paypal used to accept Payoneer bank accounts but they suddenly stopped when they realized (probably) that Payoneer is moving ahead too fast and becoming a genuine competitor. So maybe that is related? In time I think Payoneer Escrow might accept payments from Paypal but it will need some changes from Paypal too.

•••
I know for a fact that Payoneer have noticed the frequent incoming payouts from Sedo and escrow.com.

•••
No They didn't stop - All my PayPal balances goes to my US Bank in Payoneer. In fact - sometimes we shouldn't discuss fees "especially when they're still lower than competition" because of Convenience! Payoneer appreciate loyal clients too - they assigned a dedicated account manager for me and their response time is sometimes in few minutes.

Their card is in my pocket all the time where I can withdraw about $2500 per day via ATMs or user any POS for $5000 purchases per days. That's better than many global ATM cards out there.

They do NOT charge 4% nor does banks - they charge a Fixed $3.5 per ATM withdrawal , Banks charge a fixed amount (NOT because of Payoneer - but because if you withdraw from a different bank than the one that issued your card in your country , they will STILL charge you)

I've NEVER been charged 4% by banks or Payoneer - been with them since they started.

And in case of Ukraine - my wife is from Ukraine and she says it's terrible dealing with PayPal in Ukraine - so if you have like $20K in PayPal funds - what's your solution? Payoneer solved this and gave you a debit card and they charge ONLY 1% to get the funds to your Payoneer account from PayPal.

In Short - Payoneer is a WONDERFUL company - I wish it all the best - and I hope to see it replace PayPal soon as it has all the potential to do so.

Kharasho? :)

-Rami
Great info Rami. Thanks, They told me they stopped using the bank accounts created by Payoneer through an email long long time ago. I read online that some countries tried to bypass Paypal requirements and added the US bank account and used US address then they suddenly had a US paypal that can send and receive money and they could withdraw to Payoneer too. This alerted paypal and they stopped it.

I live in Yemen and all banks in Yemen charge a massive 4% when I use the card but Payoneer is stable at 3.15 $ regardless of the amount you want to withdraw. They do mention that surcharge and other fees might be applied by banks on their fees page. Their ATM decline is $1 and also balance check .Even with that 4% , I still like them and find them to be very affordable .

You saying Paypal still accepts payoneer bank accounts?

•••
Great info Rami. Thanks, They told me they stopped using the bank accounts created by Payoneer through an email long long time ago. I read online that some countries tried to bypass Paypal requirements and added the US bank account and used US address then they suddenly had a US paypal that can send and receive money and they could withdraw to Payoneer too. This alerted paypal and they stopped it.

I live in Yemen and all banks in Yemen charge a massive 4% when I use the card but Payoneer is stable at 3.15 $ regardless of the amount you want to withdraw. They do mention that surcharge and other fees might be applied by banks on their fees page. Their ATM decline is $1 and also balance check .Even with that 4% , I still like them and find them to be very affordable .

You saying Paypal still accepts payoneer bank accounts?

Hey Abdullah - Anything online can be used or misused - ofcourse if you use it pretending you're an american and to verify an American account it will be totally rejected. Just like my PayPal's debit card (US Debit Card) was rejected by iTunes etc.

The bottom line is; Payoneer made my business SO MUCH easier and I do recommend them to anybody who has a presence online!

PayPal is not necessary for me at all, but many endusers and domainers prefer PayPal...

This makes it VERY necessary !! Why do we NEED PayPal ? because our BUYERS use it! so , it's VERY necessary for you unlike you say. and ONLY Payoneer solves your problem here! instead of paying the fees to escrow etc - you can take PayPal directly and take them to Payoneer. The higher the transaction - the lower your fees will end up being.

I am not arguing here - I am just talking about a massive experience in domaining + Escrow + Sedo + DN.COM + Payoneer + PayPal etc. and I live in a country "Jordan" that is NOT so fortunate with PayPal or Stripe for example (Just like Ukraine) - Who solves our problems? Payoneer.

It's also true that sedo used to wire my payment to my bank with ZERO $$$ in Jordan - not even $10 - But intermediate banks always charged what ends up being $40 or so.

The MOST convenient method of ALL the above (at least to me) is PAYONEER.

-Rami

Last edited:
•••
I get...
But any direct PayPal-transactions, even on $500, - are dangerous due to their possible chargebacks and blocking of accounts... too many precedents... Direct PayPal is suitable just to receive the parking earnings, no more.

And regarding Ukraine...
PayPal works here in send-mode only, I can't receive it at all.

Ah - there you go - that's the problem my wife told me about probably - if you cannot receive PayPal payment then this option is out totally -

I know many people say PayPal is dangerous in domaining - I cannot deny because I cannot guarantee the opposite - but I will share my personal experience -

I am with PayPal since 2001 - I've been domaining since 1998 - Been using PayPal heavily since 2003+ - NEVER HAD ONE Charge Back - except once by a member here in NamePros THIS year and it was by mistake - he fixed it after talking to him.

I sold to end users I NEVER met - I sold to people from ALL countries - and never had an incident.

Disclaimer: that doesn't mean you can't get messed up - it's just my experience as I believe any business has a risk and I consider using PayPal and taking a chance is part of that risk.

•••
This case was never published... So don't judge about all.

Who said I am judging? I am generalizing - it's a fact people don't share their happy moments unless they're asked to, and in some cases, people must get bribed to even drop a good testimonial - but unhappy people go around complain and write all over.

This is a fact. So Chill and take facts as they are!

•••
There are many fake and paid reviews... it is a fact also.

Good night :)

Payoneer IS a great company and I am happy to see it up -

All the best with what you believe or "want" to believe.

-Rami

•••
I'm glad there are so many fans out there for Payoneer. I recently got my card initially to reduce the Escrow.com wire charges to my asian bank account. I have one transaction stuck in escrow.com at the moment, which when paid will go to my US (Payoneer) Bank Account. Which I will then spend on domain renewals.

I also looked at their Amour Payments (Escrow) but kinda discounted it as an unknown. But now they've rebranded it to Payoneer Escrow with Brandon Abbey in charge, I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. I will certainly recommend using them to buyers.

I'm looking forward to a successful future with Payoneer. I'm glad I have already signed up with them. Now to sign up for a Payoneer Escrow account :)

•••
Thanks for all the positive posts. I have followed the development of the company (formerly Armor Payments) and am very pleased to be associated with them. Solid product and good people. You can find me at [email protected]. All the best,
Brandon

It's great to see you back here again on NamePros, Brandon. I wish you all the success you deserve with this new venture. Also sent you a PM.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back