Dynadot

Payoneer jumps into domain name escrow business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes! I'm glad.. Hopefully their prices will be low though

•••
Global payments company begins catering to the domain name industry.

payoneer-escrow.jpg
Global payments company Payoneer is getting into the domain name escrow business with the help of former Escrow.com president Brandon Abbey.

Read more...

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/09/12/payoneer-jumps-domain-name-escrow-business/

Yeah this is awesome news........Payoneer support might be a bit on the slow side....but I have been using Payoneer for some time now ( 3 years) and I've only once had to contact their support..... you even get a debit card that u can use to withdraw funds from ATM's

•••
Payoneer is one of the best companies I've dealt with - their customer service is unmatched - I've used them with several Hundred Thousand Dollars without a hickup !!!

Glad to see them jumping on board - I hope they'll eventually compete with PayPal.

-Rami

•••
Yes! I'm glad.. Hopefully their prices will be low though

"Expect Payoneer Escrow to compete on price. A price comparison provided by the company shows that it plans to undercut the competition, especially with sub-$10,000 transactions, which make up the majority of the market."

•••
"Expect Payoneer Escrow to compete on price. A price comparison provided by the company shows that it plans to undercut the competition, especially with sub-$10,000 transactions, which make up the majority of the market."

Yup. I read that but wanted actual rates to determine if this is just mere marketing talk or reality!

•••
•••
These are spectacular rates. I love this. I think I'd even use it for sub-$1000 txns

•••
Personally I've never used Payoneer strictly been a PayPal & Escrow.com guy but with Brandon Abbey involved in this I'm definitely interested and would give it a shot. So his name being mentioned makes it news for me.

•••
Finally! I'm tired of all the bugs on Escrow.com since they sold out. This is a welcomed surprise!

•••
Yeah this is awesome news........Payoneer support might be a bit on the slow side....but I have been using Payoneer for some time now ( 3 years) and I've only once had to contact their support..... you even get a debit card that u can use to withdraw funds from ATM's
Wow, that's great news!

Secure Escrow at half the cost of unsafe Paypal and I can still use a debit card!!!

•••
I <3 Payoneer! I've been use it for a long time and I'm really glad that now they are into escrow business.
Good for them and for us as well!

•••
Last edited:
•••
As I see at https://escrow.payoneer.com/segments/domainnames - Buyers can't use PayPal to pay...

Also nothing new... Epik already offers 1.5% escrow and FREE for their domains...

You gotta look at Payoneer in full - Payoneer offers a Global Debit card where you get instant access to your funds via Any ATM in the world - this by itself is an advantage the competition doesn't have. I do hope though they would eventually compete with Paypal like I mentioned above as this will make them one of the top globally as well.

My 2 cents

-Rami

•••
Thanks, but I know Payoneer... and I don't need ATMs...
I need serious escrow with low fees + wire transfers to receive my money.

Also, per my understanding, with Payoneer you can't push the domain into escrow-account (like on Sedo), only directly to another party...

•••
Thanks, but I know Payoneer... and I don't need ATMs...
I need serious escrow with low fees + wire transfers to receive my money.

Also, per my understanding, with Payoneer you can't push the domain into escrow-account (like on Sedo), only directly to another party...

True - but so is the case with Escrow.com - you push to the buyer directly. I do agree however it's a flaw (or less headache for them) in Escrow.com's and Payoneer's plan as I am a fan of having the funds and the domain in Escrow's hands rather than waiting for the buyer to confirm etc.

But I do believe in Payoneer as I had a very good personal experience with them and I believe they will take it to the next level.

•••
You can push to Escrow.com's account also - but in this case their fee is significantly higher (so-called "concierge")...
That's why I use Sedo-escrow... where it is offered by default.

Last edited:
•••
You can push to Escrow.com's account also - but in this case their fee is significantly higher (so-called "concierge")...
That's why I use Sedo-escrow... where it is offered by default.

Sedo's escrow is convenient - yet, their fees are 15 to 20% ! I haven't used sedo for a while and don't know if they offer lower fees (for escrow only even if your domains aren't listed there) - but this is a totally different tier of fees in comparison to Escrow and Payoneer.

•••
10/15/20% - only if you use Sedo in FULL (if your domains are listed there).
If escrow only - Sedo takes 3% (min. $60) and less (depends on sum).

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have been using payoneer for the past four years and had received a lot monwy through them. I like their card though banks do charge here 4% . Before 3-4 months I applied for their escrow...Armoured Payments was the name I think and I went throught some questions and other checks and they accepted me. It is really great .

Their email support takes time but they do provide 24/7 phone support and also more than 8 hours live chat so I think there are no worries.

They will be real player indeed. They also offer free bank transfer to many countries so that is another feature that will help a lot. Paypal is just wellknown for bwing the first starter but I even see Skrill being better than Paypal.

•••
https://escrow.payoneer.com/escrow/escrow-payments-faq

I don't see "free bank transfer"...
Payments to Sellers or refunds to Buyers requiring an international wire will be charged an additional $45.

Regarding their MasterCard...
It costs ~$30 (yearly fee) + high commissions when using ATMs + limits...

•••
Thank goodness! Payoneer just keeps getting better!

•••

Payments to Sellers or refunds to Buyers requiring an international wire will be charged an additional $45.

Many users dont see alot of things in payoneer and I guess it is because of account type or history. They do provide free bank transfer in many countries

https://www.payoneer.com/products/local-bank-withdrawal/

Check there. The annual 30 is affordable and worths every penny. Payoneer charges only $3.15 per transaction when doing ATM withdrawal, the rest of costs are those of the ATM owner. I have used this service , ATM for the past four years and is even cheaper than getting money through Western Union.

•••

You sound a little too harsh on Payoneer(judging by your previous posts on this thread)...
Have you, by chance, had a bad experience with them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back