Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Paying a domain per month

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Gerrit

Established Member
Impact
30
I have a .NL domain I would love to register. The problem is that my creditcard has almost reached its monthly limit because I had a travel and flight to book. Within 2 weeks I can use my creditcard again for all the expenses I want, but of course in 2 weeks waiting there is a slight risk.

As I can still spend a few euro (but not more than 1 or 2 really) I was wondering: is there any RELIABLE registrar that allows to pay your domain per month? So for example if the domain costs 12 Euro per year, you don't pay 12Euro upon registration but get credited 1 Euro per month automatically. Like a monthly invoice instead of paying the whole amount in 1 time upon registration.

Is there any registrar that is reliable and that allows this?
(If the answer is "no" then I will just wait two weeks and buy the domain then, hoping nobody grabs it before me)




PS: I am not in any form of debts or so, it is just 2 weeks waiting before my creditcard allows expenses beyond 2 or 3 euro again as I am close to my limit this month. I considered asking a colleague or friend to use his creditcard but I don't think anyone will like that. Plus, I really want to be owner and administrative contact of the domain myself, so letting someone else buy it for me is not an option. Using someone else's creditcard and paying it back would be, but I don't think any of my friends would like it, and I also prefer not to have any debts with anyone. So I would rather just pay a monthly amount then (as described above) if there is a registrar allowing such a thing.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
nope
 
0
•••
Domain Registrar companies have to pay for the entire twelve months so it is unlikely that they would be willing to let you pay monthly and take the chance that you will bug out. If you have the cash there may be another way to pay for it other than credit card, ask your registrar.

Unless it is a freshly dropped name or something to do with current events there is a very good chance that it will be there in two weeks. Do not post the name in forums and resist the urge to check to see if it is still there, sometimes that data is compromised.
 
0
•••
accentnepal said:
[...]and resist the urge to check to see if it is still there, sometimes that data is compromised.
as far as i have seen, this is the most important advice we could give him
nice one accentnepal :tu:
 
0
•••
The name only occurred on 1 forum, when a friend of mine suggested me the domain there. And I liked the domain immediately so I wanted to go for it. No chance though that he or the others at that 1 forum will buy it, they are all more or less friends of mine and will not try to bully me buy quickly grabbing the name themselves. The forum isn't that frequently visited neither so...

Guess waiting the 2 weeks is the best I can do. Asking people to use their creditcard is an option, but I don't really like that. Even though .NL domains are cheap, I hate to have debts with anyone, even if it is only 10 or 15 euro. So I don't really like the idea of using someone else's creditcard unless it is a really good friend, but even then I rather have other options than to do that.

The domain has nothing to do with a hot news item, and it is not a domain that has recently dropped. So I guess that it would be a very bad coincidence that it'd be gone within the two weeks. I would rather not take the risk and buy it now, but if monthly invoices are not possible then I guess the risk is not very big that someone would take it within the two weeks.

It somehow surprises me though that there is no company where you can buy the names and pay per month. Some webhosts do it and make monthly invoices... Of course webhosting and domains are a different thing, a host can just block access to the server if you're not paying... I have several domains already with my registrar so they should know that money was never an issue, but I guess explaining that will not likely lead to an exceptional pay-per-month.

Guess we'll just wait two weeks then!
 
0
•••
I think if you pay your credit card before the due day, your balance should go down, thus you could use your card sooner.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back