Dynadot

legal Pawn Stars HATES Squatters!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Nothing a $1500 UDRP won't remedy. I can't believe that "Patrick Keys" thought it was okay to not only register the domains, but to then offer them for sale. 20 years of domain selling should have told him otherwise.

Here is the article:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/14/chumlee-candy-store-website-cybersquatting/

CHUMLEETHREATENS TO SUE CANDY MAN

Chumlee's in a battle for the domain name domination over his candy store ... and winning won't be as easy as taking candy from a baby.

The "Pawn Stars" star had his lawyers fire off a letter to Patrick Keys -- the current owner of chumleescandy.com and chumleescandyontheblvd.com -- threatening to take legal action if he doesn't hand over the rights to the sites. Keys has no association to the brick and mortar store that Chumlee opened 2 months ago in Vegas.

Keys tells TMZ ... he's been making his living for 20 years buying and selling domain names, and when news broke in May that Chumlee was opening the candy store ... he made a smart business move by swiping the domains. He says he tried contacting Chumlee several times to work out a deal for the names, but never heard back.

Chumlee's legal team's not having it. His rep tells us ... cybersquatter Keys jacked their trademarks while Chumlee was in the process of planning a site ... and that's why the cease and desist letter.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't believe that "Patrick Keys" thought it was okay to not only register the domains, but to then offer them for sale. 20 years of domain selling should have told him otherwise.
I can't believe an experienced domainer like Mike Mann thinks it's okay to register a bunch of Facebook domains after losing an udrp filed by Facebook (where he lost all his original tm infringing Facebook domains).

I can't believe Mann currently cybersquats google, Microsoft, rolls royce, toyota, mercedes, pepsi, siemenes, verizon, budweiser, volkswagen, iPhone, iTunes, mastercard, ipod, oculus rift, photoshop, youtube, fedex, ferrari, ipad, samsung, porsche, paypal, wikipedia, donald trump, sony, facebook, wordpress, realtor, nike, skype, playstation, eBay, and lots more (just search for any of these brands on domainmarket.com). After all these years of domaining, after losing udrps, shouldn't he know that this is not okay?

You recently made a thread about how you're a fan of Mike Mann. And now a thread to criticize a guy who squats a single domain? I don't understand how you can feel strongly enough about this guy cybersquatting a single brand, to create a thread to criticize him and suggest legal action is taken against him, while at the same being a supporter of a guy who squats hundreds of different brands.

•••
I don't understand how you can feel strongly enough about this guy cybersquatting a single brand, to create a thread to criticize him and suggest legal action is taken against him, while at the same being a supporter of a guy who squats hundreds of different brands.

I can explain rather easily.

Did MM reach out to the companies and offer to sell the domains to them? He did not.

Therein lies the criticism source, and stupidity, of Patrick Keys.

You can own a TM domain and have a lot of fair use reasons for ownership, shooting the TM owner a BIN price is not one of them.

•••
•••
I can explain rather easily.

Did MM reach out to the companies and offer to sell the domains to them? He did not.

Therein lies the criticism source, and stupidity, of Patrick Keys.

You can own a TM domain and have a lot of fair use reasons for ownership, shooting the TM owner a BIN price is not one of them.
So Patrick Keys regging and trying to sell chumleescandy.com and chumleescandyontheblvd.com is reprehensible and stupid? To such an extent that you had to create a thread to take a stance against him and suggest for a udrp to be filed against him.

But Mike Mann has "fair use reasons for ownership" for names like these? (all offered for sale by Mike Mann at domainmarket.com):
GoogleMicrosoft.com
MicrosoftSystems.com
MicrosoftBrowser.com
MicrosoftInstaller.com
MicrosoftTech.com
GoogleOptimization.com
RankingOnGoogle.com
GetOnGoogle.com
GoogleAnalysis.com
GoogleTranslates.com
GoogleGrass.com
GoogleAnalyzer.com
GoogleAnalyticsTraining.com
RollsRoyceDealership.com
ToyotaExperience.com
ToyotaCup.com
ToyotaIndustrial.com
MercedesTrucks.com
MarlboroMarket.com
PepsiCup.com
SiemensElectric.com
SiemensElectrical.com
VerizonSupport.com
BudweiserBlog.com
VolkswagenTuning.com
MasterCardProcessing.com
iPhoneRadio.com
iPhoneReport.com
iPhoneCompany.com
iPhoneHeadsets.com
iPhoneAppsGames.com
iTunesi.com
iPodA.com
iPodDesign.com
iPodServices.com
iPodTouches.com
OculusVirtualReality.com
Photoshopa.com
YoutubeHits.com
YoutubePartnership.com
YoutubeCommunity.com
FedexWatch.com
FerrariLimousine.com
iPadUpdates.com
iPadEasy.com
iPadMovies.com
iPadWebDesign.com
SamsungZone.com
PorschePower.com
PayPalLA.com
Wikipedians.com
ProPorsche.com
OfficialDonaldTrump.com
SonyBluRay.com
FacebookServices.com
FacebookCommerce.com
FacebookAdverts.com
FacebookStrategy.com
WordpressCollege.com
WordpressManagement.com
WordPressCommunity.com
HomeRealtor.com
MarylandRealtor.com
FloridaHomeRealtor.com
EastBayRealtors.com
NikeHuarache.com
SkypeYou.com
SkypeTranslator.com
TheLinkedin.com
LinkedinProfiles.com
PlaystationE.com
eBayShipper.com
eBayApps.com
eBayRatings.com

@DomainVP - can you elucidate the "fair use reasons for ownership" Mike Mann has for these? I fail to see anything but TM infringing names blatantly offered up for sale, often at astronomical prices.

I don't understand why you take issue with Patrick Keys cybersquatting and bash him for his stupidity, while at the same time being a fan of Mike Mann, justifying and defending his cybersquatting on the irrelevant basis that he didn't do outreach to Facebook, google, paypal, Microsoft, Samsung, or any of the other brands he is blatantly cybersquatting on the TMs of.

•••
First rule of domain squatting

1. Keep your asking price around the same price as a potential udrp to make sure you don't get hit with a udrp and still get the sale. :) LOL

My favorite comment from the TMZ article below

"The guy was smart enough to buy the domain first. Suck it!"

LMAO

Last edited:
•••
You should do consulting for Mann, he's clearly in need of your personal cybersquatting expertise.

Mann's asking prices:
GoogleOptimization.com $94,888
GoogleAnalysis.com $50,000
SiemensElectric.com $29,888
FacebookFamily.com $49,888
FacebookStrategy.com $29,888
PlaystationE.com $94,888

•••
It is bizarre that he holds those domains.
Someone should ask him why.

•••
It is bizarre that he holds those domains.
Someone should ask him why.
Allegedly he has "fair use reasons for ownership" for those domains, unlike Patrick Keys, who is "stupid" for trying to sell chumleescandy.com and chumleescandyontheblvd.com. Still waiting for @DomainVP to explain exactly what Mann's "fair use reasons" are for offering all these TM names for sale though.

•••
•••
Chumlee "owns a Rolls-Royce Phantom" LOL

•••
Chumlee makes 25 grand per episode. He can definitely afford some nice rides.

Last edited:
•••
@DomainVP has a hard on for big time scammers/squatters and gets off being righteous towards the small fish. After all thats how you become a VP. You kiss the big ass and step on the small ones.

Sorry, I can't hear you from my ivory tower @promo . :stop:

Still waiting for @DomainVP to explain exactly what Mann's "fair use reasons" are for offering all these TM names for sale though.

Ask him.

Anything I would have to say is just pure conjecture.

If I were to guess it would be for review, fan, or satirical content. Those are all accepted justifications for owning domains with TM's in them. A good lawyer would craft a 'good faith' response tying in intended good will... etc...

In the end, It is stupid to own TM's and then reach out to the owners with a BIN price - and that's what this thread is about.

•••
Chumlee makes 25 grand per episode. He can definitely afford some nice rides.

I'm sure he makes a killing in appearance fees as well. Clubs love to have people at his 'celebrity' level come in, and can rake in $10k - $50k for 3-5 hours of drinking w/ ladies. Depending on the venue.

Edit: I actually looked it up and was pretty close:

TV Personality
Starring in History Channel's "Pawn Stars"
Fee Range: $20,000 - $50,000

http://www.celebrityspeakersbureau.com/talent/chumlee-russell/

•••
This is interesting, I mean not the I'll bash Patrick part, its the Imma overlook Mann's crazy strategy and bash Patrick instead.
I mean, wtf ??

•••
@DomainVP - Review, fan or satirical content? What on earth are you talking about? So if that's why Mann's cybersquatting is justified, can you please link me to Mann's fan and review sites?

Mann is clearly not running review sites on his TM names. He is offering them for sale with BIN prices at domainmarket.com!

•••
@DomainVP - Review, fan or satirical content? What on earth are you talking about? So if that's why Mann's cybersquatting is justified, can you please link me to Mann's fan and review sites?

Mann is clearly not running review sites on his TM names. He is offering them for sale with BIN prices at domainmarket.com!

I love you man, but I don't have the time to go over UDRP procedure and defense strategies.

Last edited:
•••
I love you man, but I don't have the time to go over UDRP procedure and defense strategies.
You can't be serious. There is no defense. This is plain cybersquatting. That's exactly why he is losing the udrps filed against him for such name. Why didn't he win the Facebook udrp if he has a reason for owning facebook names and offering them for sale at domainmarket.com?

You are defending cybersquatting practices by Mike Mann, even though his bad faith has already been proven in past lost udrp cases. What do you get out of trying to legitimize unlawful domaining practices, whats the point of being a Mann cybersquatting apologist, while contradicting your own stance by attacking a small time domainer trying to sell some infringing names?

•••
You can't be serious. There is no defense. This is plain cybersquatting. That's exactly why he is losing the udrps filed against him for such name. Why didn't he win the Facebook udrp if he has a reason for owning facebook names and offering them for sale at domainmarket.com?

You are defending cybersquatting practices by Mike Mann, even though his bad faith has already been proven in past lost udrp cases. What do you get out of trying to legitimize unlawful domaining practices, whats the point of being a Mann cybersquatting apologist, while contradicting your own stance by attacking a small time domainer trying to sell some infringing names?

Firstly, there is always a defense O.J. :ninja:

Secondly, a lot of this seems to be an issue that you have with MM. I'm not him, so take it up with him instead of making it an issue with me. I like a lot of his strategies, that does not mean every aspect - it's foolish to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I also like Rick Schwartz, but I think his love for Crypto is tantamount to his love for .WS. Does that mean I have to stop finding value in his posts - of course not.

The point is that I'm my own person, and I do my own thing - the only people I am accountable to is my family, my projects and domaining has allowed me to provide them an extraordinary lifestyle. For that I am very lucky, extremely thankful, and undeservedly blessed

Finally, I'm not 'attacking' anyone. "Patrick Keys" made a stupid move :pigeon:.
If you are going to cybersquat at least have some class and don't reach out to the person you are squatting.

If you can't see eye-to-eye with me then I sincerely wish you all of the best.

•••
You should do consulting for Mann, he's clearly in need of your personal cybersquatting expertise.

Mann's asking prices:
GoogleOptimization.com $94,888
GoogleAnalysis.com $50,000
SiemensElectric.com $29,888
FacebookFamily.com $49,888
FacebookStrategy.com $29,888
PlaystationE.com $94,888
In the instance of GoogleOptimization, and GoogleAnalysis, is he infringing on trademarks? Genuinely curious - he's using their company name, of course, but there are plenty of websites dedicated to optimizing SEO via Google. Is there a case to be made that they'd be fair use?

•••
Lol, the biggest news I got from this is that Chumlee from Pawn Stars has opened a candy store ?! :) lol

Didn't he recently get arrested for sexual assault and drug possession, think the police found a whole lot of drugs in his place ~ so he likes to party and make candy, not that bad a guy, lmao ... But what about the MP sub machine gun they found? Is he the next Walter White, hahaha

•••
For what it's worth, Chumlee filed the trademark after the domain was registered and the trademark application states his first-use of that trademark was after the domain was registered.

•••
"Chumlee" was trademarked in 2011. The candy domain in 2017

•••
"Chumlee" was trademarked in 2011. The candy domain in 2017
Does that mean anything? (I don't know, I'm seriously asking)

I.E. if Apple has a trademark on "Apple", does it mean the owner of AppleAle.com is a cybersquatter?

•••
Does that mean anything?

It means everything. Would be like saying Microsoft can't win a UDRP for MicrosoftAle.com base on the domain age vs Ale idea

There are apples but there are not Chumlees

Perhaps this thread will be moved to the legal section where there are better experts to comment

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back