Dynadot

discuss I am being hijacked - I am soooo upset!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So... I have a little tracker ( https://www.thetrackr.com ) on my keychain and the thing is really not reliable. It uses bluetooth to communicate and that in itself sucks, wireless would be much better.

So knowing this tracker is not overly reliable I made a sticker with my cell phone number and stuck it on the tracker key tag just in case I ever lose my keys.

Well it happened.... I lost my keys and the tracker was absolutely useless, it told me the last location was the grocery store and I knew that. My wife and I went shopping and she drove home instead of me so I did not realize I misplaced my keys.

Try as I may all I could see was the last location of my keys, then last night I get a phone call from some dick who said he found my keys and he wants $100 to return them to me. He was calling from a phone booth and told me to put the money under a rock at a specific location. He said once he has the money he will place the keys in the same location and we will both be happy.

What an underhanded son of a Bi%$h this guy must be >:(>:(>:(>:(

I don't really have much choice because the key electronic key fobs from both of my cars are on there and they would cost a small fortune to replace.

Why in gods name would he not just ask me for a reward for his time and effort instead of making me go through these insane shenanigans?

Anyways.... I said I need to go to the bank to get a $100 dollar bill and I will put it there after work today. I am inclined to go wait there to find out who the jerk is but he could be there at any time during the night and I can't stay up all night for 100 bucks.

Oh man...... I am just furious >:(>:(>:(>:(

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had to use the discuss heading for this topic but I would have much preferred one that said RANT.

I think it would be a great idea if a mod added a RANT option in the Break Room.

•••
You're in TO, no? Cops in Ontario take this sort of stuff very seriously, whether $100 or $1000, it's basically your property being held for ransom. Call your local cop station, tell them the situation. Have the exchange take place, they will arrest the guy on the spot, and you won't be out $100.

•••
Put the ransom money under the rock or I kill your keys? W.T.F? LMFAO!
Sorry to laugh but this $hit is too funny bro.

•••
Maybe you're lucky, they could find your residence from your cell number and use the keys in other ways....

•••
Jeepers man, talk about being a total @sswipe...I'm sure as mentioned by @HotKey that the cops would be able to step in here...it's basically extortion in my opinion.

Also, what happens now if he goes ahead and takes the money then spends the money on crack or whatever and then decides..nah, I think I'm gonna try milk this guy for another $100 and then he calls you again and says..hey man, whats going on? The money was not under the rock... and then tries to extort more money from you?

•••
You're in TO, no? Cops in Ontario take this sort of stuff very seriously, whether $100 or $1000, it's basically your property being held for ransom. Call your local cop station, tell them the situation. Have the exchange take place, they will arrest the guy on the spot, and you won't be out $100.

I called the cops and was put through to an officer who said it is a lost and found issue. He said its not ethical but would be hard to prosecute. In other words..... WE DON'T CARE

•••
Put the ransom money under the rock or I kill your keys? W.T.F? LMFAO!
Sorry to laugh but this $hit is too funny bro.

I can see the humorous side....

But that is not until I catch him and beat the living hell out of him :xf.laugh:

10-Free-Smiley-Face-With-Black-Eye-450x400.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Maybe you're lucky, they could find your residence from your cell number and use the keys in other ways....

No house keys... I use my phone to unlock my house and the kids have an entry code.

•••
Jeepers man, talk about being a total @sswipe...I'm sure as mentioned by @HotKey that the cops would be able to step in here...it's basically extortion in my opinion.

Also, what happens now if he goes ahead and takes the money then spends the money on crack or whatever and then decides..nah, I think I'm gonna try milk this guy for another $100 and then he calls you again and says..hey man, whats going on? The money was not under the rock... and then tries to extort more money from you?

That's exactly what I was thinking

•••
That's exactly what I was thinking

I think when dealing with scumbags like that, probably best to expect the worst from them. So I wouldn't put it past this guy..

•••
I can't help the similarities....
............someone loses the keys to their online property (ie. domain) and someone else finds them (in the drops) and asks money to give them back :xf.grin::-P:xf.grin::-P:xf.grin::-P

•••
What an underhanded son of a Bi%$h this guy must be

Can't imagine how mad this would make me...if I lived near you, I would help you with the 'transaction'.
Dont go alone to do the exchange...have some back up with you in case he/they intend to rob you.

•••
I can't help the similarities....
............someone loses the keys to their online property (ie. domain) and someone else finds them (in the drops) and asks money to give them back :xf.grin::-P:xf.grin::-P:xf.grin::-P

Except I would not have to put the money under a rock!

•••
@MapleDots
The cops didn't care because you said you " lost" your keys. You needed to say he "Stole" your keys. That would make it theft.

•••
•••
Sorry to here that ! They aint a chance i would put it under a rock lol he will just take your money and not leave your stuff and then ask for more :/ just tell him your happy to give him a hundred reward and then take your friends with you incase he tries to pull something

•••
Buy an infrared trail-cam for $90 and put fluorescent powder on the bill and around the stone.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:
•••
Most recently fob key to Indian motorcycle $120, being said he has fobs to two of your cars gets pricy. It sucks! Good luck.

•••
Most recently fob key to Indian motorcycle $120, being said he has fobs to two of your cars gets pricy. It sucks! Good luck.

Both key fobs together are almost $500 plus the tracker, plus my other keys, plus the time and labour to replace.

•••
holly crap what a asshole - that is really bad karma for that guy

rub the $100 bill on some poison ivy (i would wear gloves) before you place under the rock, lol

•••
Next time use chipolo tracker- it's probably the most reliable tracker I know. If your lost item comes into another Chipolo users range it will inform you about the location!

From domainers perspective funny thing: Chipolo.com redirects to Chipolo.net because they're not owning the .com. They are probably renting the name :xf.smile:.

Good luck retrieving your keys!:blackeye:

•••
Next time use chipolo tracker- it's probably the most reliable tracker I know. If your lost item comes into another Chipolo users range it will inform you about the location!

Thats how trackr is supposed to work but its a completely useless pile of crap. I bought a four pack and it cannot even find things in the next room.

•••
holly crap what a a*hole - that is really bad karma for that guy

rub the $100 bill on some poison ivy (i would wear gloves) before you place under the rock, lol

Needs to be worse.... I was thinking battery acid!!

•••
How will he know when the money is there?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back