IT.COM

discuss PARTIAL BUT IMPORTANT SOLUTION FOR GODADDY-DOMAINS :GDRP-PROBLEM (EUcitizens-whois) to CONTACT OWNER

NameSilo
Watch
HERE IS A (PARTIAL BUT IMPORTANT) SOLUTION FOR THE GDPR-PROBLEM (privacy from Europeans in whois) FROM GODADDY-DOMAINS (!!!!)
THIS IS ALREADY PARTIALLY A SOLUTION TO KNOW THE OWNER AND CONTACT HIM/HER from GODADDY FOR THE GDPR-PROBLEM.

I know this from the Godaddy-premier-support.
PLEASE TRY THIS OUT AND REPLY WITH RESULTS.:xf.smile:

Let's begin => What to do ?

When you go to =>
who.godaddy.com or whois.godaddy.com or https://www.godaddy.com/whois and fill in a domain registerred at godaddy and you don't see owner because European.(only country and province or so you see).
It's possible at the bottom of the page to contact domainholder @
godaddy. And godaddy will forward that to the owner (this goes automatically)

I just discover it succeeds. in any case with the whois-search at godaddy =>
If I search a domain of mine I see this (whois-search dynadot =>)
Domain Name: DISCOUNTDOWNLOAD.COM
Registry Domain ID: (some numbers here)_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2018-06-20T22:13:53Z
Creation Date: 2000-05-03T16:42:22Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-05-03T16:42:22Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-08-25T09:48:05Z <<<

NOW IF YOU enter in your browser "whois.godaddy.com" and you search for the domain, you will see the same, (but WITH THE first 2 letters of the country and the full name of the province or state.)
but at the BOTTOM of the PAGE (so scroll down) you see in blue a.o.=>
Contact Domain Holder
You click on "contact Domain Holder". A window opens where you can send a message
to the owner of the domain.
You enter you message and send or submit.
The owner of the domain will see the following in his email =>

Someone Asked About Your Domain.
Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:53 AM

From: "GoDaddy" <[email protected]> ('NOTE FROM STARTER OF THIS THREAD: although here is written no-reply, you CAN reply but the reply will go to the person ho sent you a question) through this system !!)
Someone's interested in your domain.

"We received a request from someone who'd like to contact you regarding discountdownload.com, which you registered through GoDaddy. We are required to forward these types of requests to you. While you are not under any obligation to respond, feel free to do so.

Here is their message to you:"

"I want to know how much you ask for some domains."

Copyright © 1999-2018 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. 14455 N. Hayden Rd, Ste. 219, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA. All rights reserved.

"To respond directly to the requester, simply reply to this email." (again not from POSTER of this thread : disregard the fact that the mail came from a no-reply-godaddy-email).
===> And if the person whose domain this is replies, you know for sure that it comes from the owner.

(DO TRY this once with one of your own domains, and do a whois-search, and then click "Contact domain holder" and fill in on top right, one of your other emailaddresses you have, to ask the question to yourself (in fact through Godaddy to your GDD-emailaddress)., and you see how this looks like.

At the emailaddress you filled in as requester for information, you'll get if you reply*** (although the Godaddy-title shows a "no-reply-emailaddress"!!! in the mail you got), the following :

Re:Someone Asked About Your Domain.
And in it the message you replied with. (With some strange symbols in my case, not a very good mail IMO.)

ANYHOW : The moment you click on reply*** you see in the title the actual exact emailaddress of the one who sent the mail through godaddy (so your request-emailaddress) -even if you don't send the reply-message- (so the request of the one who asked information through the godaddywhoissearch-Contact-holder-system).
SO if you want you can make a new email stating that you got from Godaddy the message, and then for instance you do a proposal for how much you want for the domainname for instance.

Kind regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I reply here again because of the importance of this.

Do try this out !!
At least interested buyers can send and email through godaddy tot the godaddy-owners (and also know the exact owner-emailaddres). !!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back