IT.COM

Parking specific questions...

NameSilo
Watch

UIunique

Established Member
Impact
Hi to all,
i have few questions regarding domain parking like major parking sites can allow domain parking for different domain extensions like .pro, .xyz etc.
Do domain in these extentions can provide any revenue benefit or should we only park .com domains.
Please reply me immediately because i just want to buy domain in these extentions.
Thanks for reading.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi to all,
i have few questions regarding domain parking like major parking sites can allow domain parking for different domain extensions like .pro, .xyz etc.
Do domain in these extentions can provide any revenue benefit or should we only park .com domains.
Please reply me immediately because i just want to buy domain in these extentions.
Thanks for reading.
Hi

my philosophy has always been,
to immediately park every domain i acquire, regardless of extension...at/on a ppc platform.

however, there is one thing to buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
thanks biggie for your kind reply.
big question is can park companies allow parking in different domain extensions.
Another question is whether parking companies allow domain parking for individuals belong to any country.
Please reply these questions because they always make me confuse.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
There are no parking limitations regarding TLDs.
The key factor, as said by biggie, is the traffic and you should focus on that.
It can be limitations in the payment options regarding countries but I suggest to read terms and conditions of your parking platform

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 1
Thanks evil your reply.
I think some things need experience. without experience with domain parking i can not get what i want to do.
thanks again sharing your reviews

•••
Upvote 0
If you are buying domains for other purposes, then just park them and see what happens before using them (like @biggie i park them as soon as I buy them).

If you are buying specifically for parking, then, I can’t give the best advice, but what I can say, is that you need to consider how people will land on the domain. Quite often this is type in traffic and people often just put .com at the ends of words or mistype existing domains. This would be more common for .com in this instance.

•••
Upvote 0
If you are buying domains for other purposes, then just park them and see what happens before using them (like @biggie i park them as soon as I buy them).

If you are buying specifically for parking, then, I can’t give the best advice, but what I can say, is that you need to consider how people will land on the domain. Quite often this is type in traffic and people often just put .com at the ends of words or mistype existing domains. This would be more common for .com in this instance.
Thanks for your advice.
So, .xyz domains can only be sold and they can not be park.
There is another question that can we outbound .xyz domains to people who are using KW related to our KW in their domain name.
like 2 words .xyz domain can be outbound to 3 words .com domain owner. What you think about this.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks for your advice.
So, .xyz domains can only be sold and they can not be park.
There is another question that can we outbound .xyz domains to people who are using KW related to our KW in their domain name.
like 2 words .xyz domain can be outbound to 3 words .com domain owner. What you think about this.
Several people above just said that you can park any extension (which includes xyz, if that is what you want to park).

I dont outbound. I think the only considerations for outbound would be to ensure the domain would be a definate upgrade from what they have.

•••
Upvote 0
Several people above just said that you can park any extension (which includes xyz, if that is what you want to park).

I dont outbound. I think the only considerations for outbound would be to ensure the domain would be a definate upgrade from what they have.
Sorry i have not read above comments properly so that is why i asked.
Another question can you explain about twiki comment "buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic".
What he try to say. Can you explain this.

•••
Upvote 0
Sorry i have not read above comments properly so that is why i asked.
Another question can you explain about twiki comment "buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic".
What he try to say. Can you explain this.
I dont see that on this post. Are you looking at another post? Its best to ask the original poster to explain their comments.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi

my philosophy has always been,
to immediately park every domain i acquire, regardless of extension...at/on a ppc platform.

however, there is one thing to buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic.

imo...
Hi biggie:
I am reply on your this comment after many days. I want to understand this line
buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic.
what this means. can you define this. I am not much experience in this industry.

•••
Upvote 0
While there is no limitation, from experience I would recommend not doing this.

I've listed .xyz domains in the past on Sedo and several got bots or something and the result was they banned our account permanently. Someone might have been pounding bots at these, years after they're no longer owned.

I'd only list a .com or .org domain on parking due to this. But it's your decision.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi biggie:
I am reply on your this comment after many days. I want to understand this line
buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic.

what this means. can you define this. I am not much experience in this industry.

Hi
if, you take the time to scroll thru the "domains wanted" section, you can view a few threads where buyers are looking to purchase "domains with traffic".
that is basically the difference between buying names with traffic and buying domains with no history of traffic.

the new extensions, in general, don't have same history as .com/net/org and some of the country code extensions, like > .de/.fr/.co.uk, etc

imo...

I've listed .xyz domains in the past on Sedo and several got bots or something and the result was they banned our account permanently. Someone might have been pounding bots at these, years after they're no longer owned.

I'd only list a .com or .org domain on parking due to this. But it's your decision.

Hi

i have listed the few .xyz names i own at sedo ppc with no problems.
even sold one there last year.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0

If they were sex websites or have 50k backlinks, definitely stay away. The problem is parked XYZs don't generate revenue. It's unikely to own a dropped XYZ that used to be a normal website. That's my experience. I don't know if there is anyone that actually gets clicks that generate revenue from XYZs. Whille I have made a thousand dollars from parked Coms, I haven't earned a single penny ever from parked XYZs, even if the usual visitors are other domainers obviously.
I park them for a month or so sometimes on Bodis, just to see if they get any traffic and which are more popular, but I don't expert any profit.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
If they were sex websites or have 50k backlinks, definitely stay away. The problem is parked XYZs don't generate revenue. It's unikely to own a dropped XYZ that used to be a normal website. That's my experience. I don't know if there is anyone that actually gets clicks that generate revenue from XYZs. Whille I have made a thousand dollars from parked Coms, I haven't earned a single penny ever from parked XYZs, even if the usual visitors are other domainers obviously.
I park them for a month or so sometimes on Bodis, just to see if they get any traffic and which are more popular, but I don't expert any profit.
I didn't have any xxx websites or the other kind of shady sorts. Anyway they closed the account.

Dont' mind that though, it would be pennies. Building a site up for traffic makes more sense to me rather than domain parking. Plus you can sell stuff on it yourself (better ROI).

Edit: Also it wasn't about backlinks... think it was bots.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Thanks twiki and biggie for your reply.
After reading your comments and doing my analysis i come to conclusion that it is better to list .xyz domains on unknown markets like sav and dynadot rather than parking because in this way you can get 100 to 200 profits for selling them.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks twiki and biggie for your reply.
After reading your comments and doing my analysis i come to conclusion that it is better to list .xyz domains on unknown markets like sav and dynadot rather than parking because in this way you can get 100 to 200 profits for selling them.

Probably a good decision if you ask me. (Some might not agree, but everyone can have an opinion and different view of course).

Money can be made in parking as well, some are making - but I'd say you need specific traffic domains to make it worth.

I did an analysis over our portfolio and monitored clicks (have some tools to tell bots apart). Average domains as they are, barely get a valid click per day or a couple. 99% or so are bots.

That lone click, might better visit a sales lander.

•••
Upvote 0
D

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I did an analysis over our portfolio and monitored clicks (have some tools to tell bots apart). Average domains as they are, barely get a valid click per day or a couple. 99% or so are bots.
What do you think about Bodis? They should be better than Sedo and Dan in providing more accurate stats? Dan must be the worst, if you refresh the page, that counts as a view.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
What do you think about Bodis? They should be better than Sedo and Dan in providing more accurate stats? Dan must be the worst, if you refresh the page, that counts as a view.
Can't tell. Didn't get accepted in Bodis.

But it's all the same to me, as I decided early on parking is not an avenue I can take.

Note from a diff angle: Sedo stats are very accurate as long as you don't park there... offer views are genuine but if you park, bots will mess all those stats.

I personally doubt any of these parking firms truly filter out bots properly in their stats. Don't see the reason to, as that's quite some investment and I don't think they have any incentive to have that so accurately.

Clicks and payments though are probably alright; but you know, those come from the upstream advertising network where things are far more scrutinized.

Edit: For anyone who doesn't know, any such parking provider works with an upstream ad network that actually is the one connecting ad inventory to clients; not the parking provider itself.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I suggest Sedo for a beginner because is a marketplace + parking.
However the selection is simple:
Parking if the domain receive traffic (bot excluded). Otherwise listing for sale

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for your reply.
But sedo is vey restrict these days as they are asking for my utility bill and drying license copies for verification and bodies is asking for inviting code for account verification.
I do not know whether this only happen with me or other people as well.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for your reply.
But sedo is vey restrict these days as they are asking for my utility bill and drying license copies for verification and bodies is asking for inviting code for account verification.
I do not know whether this only happen with me or other people as well.
It is standard anti fraud procedure today.

•••
Upvote 0
they banned our account permanently

Can't tell. Didn't get accepted in Bodis.

But it's all the same to me, as I decided early on parking is not an avenue I can take.

Note from a diff angle: Sedo stats are very accurate as long as you don't park there... offer views are genuine but if you park, bots will mess all those stats.

I personally doubt any of these parking firms truly filter out bots properly in their stats. Don't see the reason to, as that's quite some investment and I don't think they have any incentive to have that so accurately.

Hi

if... you got banned at sedo and didn't get accepted to bodis, then how can weight be given to assessments?

sedo has previously stated that PPC stats are accurate and "offer views" are the stats that may contain bots.

you have to have a history of using these platforms, to know which vary with traffic stats,
but they all make the attempt to screen ppc visitors, which in turn helps overall ctr and provides incentive for advertisers to increase epc.

just saying....

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
One more question please:
what you guys think about outbound .xyz domains or should list them for sale only.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back