IT.COM

Parking specific questions...

NameSilo
Watch

UIunique

Established Member
Impact
Hi to all,
i have few questions regarding domain parking like major parking sites can allow domain parking for different domain extensions like .pro, .xyz etc.
Do domain in these extentions can provide any revenue benefit or should we only park .com domains.
Please reply me immediately because i just want to buy domain in these extentions.
Thanks for reading.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

if... you got banned at sedo and didn't get accepted to bodis, then how can weight be given to assessments?

sedo has previously stated that PPC stats are accurate and "offer views" are the stats that may contain bots.

you have to have a history of using these platforms, to know which vary with traffic stats,
but they all make the attempt to screen ppc visitors, which in turn helps overall ctr and provides incentive for advertisers to increase epc.

just saying....

imo...
Good point in there.

But I wasn't taking an aim at Bodis in particular. Sedo, it didn't happen immediately so I had the chance to see stats for a while. Only got kicked after adding those dang .xyz. Dan and Afternic, I still view today. (Edit: Although not interested anymore in domain parking revenue due to small income but hey, it's a valid source for some domainers of course)

In most cases from what i can tell based on 1) testing that, more on Sedo though but also watching the others; and 2) comparing with my own subsequent lander tests through my own traffic filtering kit, including on same domains, I could definitely tell. Bots did pass through on all platforms (except Bodis maybe which, again, I didn't take aim at it in particular).

Proper filtering is computing expensive and especially so for millions of domains. The incentive to do that definitely isn't there for parking. But for ad networks? The opposite, otherwise they serve bad ads (clicks) to their advertisers.

Hope it makes more sense now.

( Edit : The Sedo accuracy also, I was referring not to parking but to views without parking, as in offer views that came through searches on Sedo website directly. That's why I said "diff angle" there. Those stats are accurate in my opinion. Hope again it makes things more clear. )

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Can't tell. Didn't get accepted in Bodis.

But it's all the same to me, as I decided early on parking is not an avenue I can take.
I'm curious why they didn't accept you. Maybe based on the country you reside?

•••
Upvote 0
I'm curious why they didn't accept you. Maybe based on the country you reside?
Usually it should be portfolio... But who knows. Country is possible as well, getting that sometimes randomly

•••
Upvote 0
Proper filtering is computing expensive and especially so for millions of domains. The incentive to do that definitely isn't there for parking. But for ad networks? The opposite, otherwise they serve bad ads (clicks) to their advertisers.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Hi
appreciate reply, but that excerpt doesn't add clarity.

when we speak of parking, that means using ppc pages,
so the incentive is there for those who provide it.

it's evident, if some users get banned or applicants are not being accepted to certain platforms, particularly if they are screening traffic of users and/or profiling applicants before acceptance.

back in day, you needed a referrer to get accepted into some parking platforms, like domainsponsor, sedopro and a few others.
had quite a few sign-ups under me and received some decent % of their earnings.
all of that was part of the screening process which some platforms got away from as ppc rev dropped.

with click fraud and other schemes going on, i can see them turning up the screws on quality.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Hi
appreciate reply, but that excerpt doesn't add clarity.

when we speak of parking, that means using ppc pages,
so the incentive is there for those who provide it.

it's evident, if some users get banned or applicants are not being accepted to certain platforms, particularly if they are screening traffic of users and/or profiling applicants before acceptance.

back in day, you needed a referrer to get accepted into some parking platforms, like domainsponsor, sedopro and a few others.
had quite a few sign-ups under me and received some decent % of their earnings.
all of that was part of the screening process which some platforms got away from as ppc rev dropped.

with click fraud and other schemes going on, i can see them turning up the screws on quality.

imo...
Hi biggie,
thanks for great comments. There are few questions that confuse me like:
* when domain name deleted in the past and it is available with decent search volume and cpc but not much authority. how you think about this.
* How we know whether domain has type in traffic, direct traffic and organic traffic. If there is any free tool for checking this or should use paid tool like ahrefs or semrush.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi biggie,
thanks for great comments. There are few questions that confuse me like:
* when domain name deleted in the past and it is available with decent search volume and cpc but not much authority. how you think about this.
* How we know whether domain has type in traffic, direct traffic and organic traffic. If there is any free tool for checking this or should use paid tool like ahrefs or semrush.
I can answer these for you...

If you have bought the domain specifically for parking, then I dont think these factors matter than much. I bought with those factors in mind, but found that it is really down to how likely people are to type in the domain (or if there are any good, relevant, current backlinks that divert traffic, but that seems to be rare) and how likely they are to click on the advert that is shown.

In my opinion, authority will only really be relevant when you are using the domain for something like a blog and it will help to get the site ranked. To my knowledge (though I could be wrong) it doesnt help with parking, because the site is not being ranked with content.

Typein traffic - we dont. I read an article by @Michael Cyger about this (If I recall correctly) and there are no tools that will tell us.

Direct traffic - I presume you mean backlinks. I use the free version of SEM rush (you get a couple of free searches a day) just to check if the backlinks are relevant or junk.

Organic traffic - Expired domains .net has a rough figure in the details of the domains. Google ad planner is free and gives a rough estimate.

•••
Upvote 0
How we know whether domain has type in traffic, direct traffic and organic traffic.
Hi

to me, all above are the same, for what is considered "targeted traffic" and that would include "typo traffic as well.
the other type of traffic is link traffic, which comes from other websites or links in search engines.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Hi

my philosophy has always been,
to immediately park every domain i acquire, regardless of extension...at/on a ppc platform.

however, there is one thing to buy domains that have existing traffic, versus buying domains in extensions without "history of" proven traffic.

imo...
You stated PPC platform. Please, can you give few examples PPC platform? Regards.

•••
Upvote 0
You stated PPC platform. Please, can you give few examples PPC platform? Regards.
Hi

ppc platform = sedo, bodis, parkingcrew, etc.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back