Dynadot

Parked domains penalized?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I was recently looking at some of my domains SE positions and was wondering if anyone has noticed or know whether a domain that is parked (sedo,fabulous,etc) gets penalized by the SE`s?
I see that some of my domains that had been parked and are now developed are getting little or no SE placement while non parked domains are doing relatively well.
Is there any truth in this or is it just coincidence?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey,

Well from what I know i dont think this has any importance but I might be wrong.

- SW

•••
I have been searching around and can`t find a straight answer for this.
It worries me because I have a few parked domains I know I will develop sooner or later and I am worried that this might affect my SE rankings once the domains are developed.

•••
I never thought about it but I doubt it would effect your rankings later on. As long as it is parked it is marked as spam unwanted on the se's but if you develop a year later I'am sure you won't get pentelized. Google is full of pages with just 1000 of ppc ads and it really angers the searchers and google is working hard to not rank these types of websites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back