Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would like to see tips from you donny

•••
Donny & all brothers,

Appreciated you can share to us how to optimize the domain park. We wait your strategies.

Regards,
Hardi -

•••
why are stats so slow 30-45 minute updates

•••
Guidelines for Optimizing Parked.com Domains

Donny said:
thestarshine - We don't actually have a true how to optimize your domains, maybe I/we should through something together to give people a few pointers on how to optimize their domains. Would this be worth it to anybody?

Donny
Donny,

Guidelines for optimizing Parked.com domains directly from the source would be most appreciated. It would take away much of the guesswork, mystery, and questions on our part, and may even reveal ideas we may never had thought of.

I am certain most, if not all, your Parked.com partners would agree.

I will start off with a small contribution regarding color scheme. It is advisable to make the line of links under the heading a different color than the heading, so that it will stand out more. Also, setting all the colors to a pleasing, consistent color theme within a color family will make the page pleasing to the eye and more appealing . To help in that regard, I found this great free color theme site: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Cheers, and Happy Holidays to all!

•••
Donny said:
mrizos - This was good enought to know about it. You also sent something to your account manager so that's fine. I know it's not you, it's this one bot that we have been having problems with for a while, it's one of those that doesn't listen to anything we tell it to do.

MJ12bot/v1.0.8 (http://majestic12.co.uk/bot.php?+)

Yahoo doesn't pay for it, so they will be removed tomorrow.

Donny

Good deal, thanks Donny.

•••
Yes donny it would be huge help how to optimize things and you guys know what works and what dosent

I am learning each day and I second guess myself a lot.

I am learning as I go and see baby steps. I see the powers of Domaining. I brought over one name that is doing great with you guys. My best performer by far.

Like to bring more names to you but I am trying get my names doing well with what I have. For instance I decided to attack 40 names and change keywords and tags everymonth and determine what works for me and what dosent. Need to speak with my rep first time as well but haven't yet attempted this.

So any specific help in tools for us would be huge. Going be a record month for me. See progress but need More names to do well.

Concluded as well with me trial and error is best route but having a mentor, a team of professional domainers like yourself donny and parked would be huge. Would be a win, win case for all of us.

Domaining surly isn't easy. Lol. Today looks good for me but that's only off a small portion of names. Yesterday sucked. Ups and downs to things. Lifes challenges and Domaining go well together lol

Hope everyone is making some money today and over weekend. Holidays soon approaching.

2008 will be a banner year for all of us and parked!

J

•••
Donny said:
maybe I/we should through something together to give people a few pointers on how to optimize their domains. Would this be worth it to anybody?

Donny
Sounds good donny

•••
anyone suggest a better keyword for a concert site? has a bunch of type in traffic and 23 clicks a day on 24 visits (92% CTR) would like to get to a quarter if possible

Thanks for any suggestions on setting the keyword

•••
guttermuth said:
anyone suggest a better keyword for a concert site? has a bunch of type in traffic and 23 clicks a day on 24 visits (92% CTR) would like to get to a quarter if possible

Thanks for any suggestions on setting the keyword

What Kw are you using currently? If you wish, you could pm me.

•••
Hi, one of my domains (zonapsp dot net) goes to meanwhile.com

Guess it has been marked as an tm domain by yahoo. Is there any way I can complain about this to yahoo?

I am having an hard time finding an email to yahoo marketing.

Any tips?

Howard

•••
hpersson - Yahoo probably won't respond to you even if you find an email, just send the domain to your account manager and they can submit the domain to Yahoo for review.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
thestarshine - We don't actually have a true how to optimize your domains, maybe I/we should through something together to give people a few pointers on how to optimize their domains. Would this be worth it to anybody?

Donny

Can't wait to see this, this could very much help alot of us.

Thanks,
-zurc

•••
Just a quick question:
For most domains, the traffic analysis is always blank... there is no data. Why?

•••
NemesisXG said:
Just a quick question:
For most domains, the traffic analysis is always blank... there is no data. Why?

U only get analysis for the domain that gets click. Data for yesterday will take a day to appear.So if u got a click yesterday data will appear today.

•••
The new favicon is now up. Sorry for the delay.

Donny

•••
I would love to see tips from you also donny on how to optimize my 5000+ domains with you. With the few I have fooled with, I can't tell if I am doing harm or good.

Christian H. is my account manager and is always quick to respond and directnic has been my goto registrar since almost the beginning, 8+ years or so. David C. does a great job for me there at directnic.

Thanks,

Mark M

•••
Hallo,

how long does parked.com need to prove submissions for account ?

thank you,
zoran

•••
Thanks for the favicon function Donny - but most of all thank you for adding meanwhile.com to my account! LOL

meanwhile.png

•••
Hey Donny - do (possibly bad) clicks get removed/adjusted in real time, or am I just seeing a reporting glitch? At one point today while I was in my account working on some domains, my dashboard said 92 visits, 88 clicks. Then some minutes later, it said 97 visits and 83 clicks, with revenue dropped down slightly accordingly. I've seen adjustments the next day, but never the *same* day before.

Just wondering.

•••
whitebark said:
Thanks for the favicon function Donny - but most of all thank you for adding meanwhile.com to my account! LOL

meanwhile.png

Lucky dog! :lol:

•••
whitebark said:

meanwhile.png
You takin' offers on meanwhile.com? :hehe:

I've looked at the edit function, not sure if i missed it - can the favicon be customized anywhere?

IB

•••
whitebark said:

OK - I must be missing something here. How does one access this favicon
thing? I've been all through my setting/domains/ etc and didn't see any
mention of it.

Thanks...

•••
I didn't think we were allowed to upload our own; I thought that Donny just changed the default one for all the pages to something less "parked.com" identifiable...?

•••
Thanks for that netmeg but I'm still confused :) I thought the favicon could be used
to track how many visitors are bookmarking our pages. So...it's just the icon that
a visitor sees when they add a page to their favorites? Darn, it would be nice to
know if anyone is bookmarking my sites. Of course, I guess the traffic source analysis
for individual domains will give me some indication...

•••
WHAT THIS MEAN
sincitysale.com/click.php?clickfraud=1
Help

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back