NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jeffoverman said:
Have 2 names that need some tweaking if anyone cares to offer advice to the rookie lol

LOANPROGRAMS.tv

Mesotholemiatreatment.tv

Key word on loanprograms I am using cash advance after the loan shark business

Now how many words in the tags should I use? I have read it should be under 4 names, other people say go wild and crazy.

Mesotholima domain I am after cancer people and treatment.

Any advice would be great.

I may demo a software word program come january. Having lost my number one account this year sucks and things tight until next year.

Oh, I heard general key words are not good. Being more specific is better and niche. Is that true?

I would use "loan" and "mesothelioma" respectively...for now.
How are your traffic stats?
As an example, I have my MoneyLoan.org set to "loan"

Last edited:
•••
Little comparison:

I put one of my domains that is already serving as a website to parked.com for a day. With adsense (non-smart priced account) it averages .11 cents per click over the past four months. With parked it finalized at .13.
1,210 949 $120.67

So, discounting the only one day trial, we can see that parked pays a great revenue share to its users. It could also be that yahoo pays better than google for that niche which is as you can see on the low end of the ppc return.

With the update I lost 50 clicks on that domain Donny! I'm pissed! LOL ;)

I may try this with more website/domains. If anyone has tried this please post your results.

•••
Quick question....does parked allow third party promotion? ie. other ppc search sites and backlinks?

•••
Anybody know what is the proper format for specifying the secondary URL redirect?

Is it "http://www.mydomainname.com" ?

or "www.mydomainname.com" ?

or "{www.mydomainname.com}" ?

or "mydomainname.com" ?

The instructions say merely to specify it, but I do not know exactly what the format is supposed to be.

Last edited:
•••
Whitebark - I will see what I can do next week about changing the favicon.

jeffoverman - One thing to understand about me, is that there is no subject that I will not comment on. I will talk about everything. The email every time the estimates are updated is an interesting concept, but I'm not sure who effective it will be since we give you the option to do it yourself if you want to via xml.

prateekj - Please send me some examples, because our traffic analysis seems to be working fine.

Donny

•••
I just brought those names over to parked and trying for that nice paying keyword...

i will take your advice and test that out-thanks so much for the help..

as soon as i get more np dollars i will donate some to you :imho:

SDX said:
I would use "loan" and "mesothelioma" respectively...for now.
How are your traffic stats?
As an example, I have my MoneyLoan.org set to "loan"

•••
panterrasbox said:
Anybody know what is the proper format for specifying the secondary URL redirect?

or "www.mydomainname.com" ?

or "{www.mydomainname.com}" ?

or "mydomainname.com" ?

The instructions say merely to specify it, but I do not know exactly what the format is supposed to be.

Anyone ever used that Secondary URL Redirect feature?

•••
Hello,

So many people have suggested that I start using parked.com . I registered a few days ago but did not receive an email from anyone in regards to my application.

Is parked.com still accepting applications into their parking program? If so, I would love to give it a shot.

- Bob

•••
I haven't even been with Parked a month and I'm already in love. Now I need to do everything I can to keep the flame alive. After Bodis blew up though I'm now nervous that I will get burned again. Do I have anything to be nervous about?

•••
Not along the lines of what happened elsewhere, certainly not.

•••
Thanks for the reassurance

netmeg said:
Not along the lines of what happened elsewhere, certainly not.

Thanks for the reassurance!

I'm working my way through this enormous thread to collect tips and have a lot of work for the future to more fully optimize my sites at Parked.

I'm a bit confused though regarding which is a better use of custom content? Artwork or content (like a short article)? Or both?

Also, I'm thinking about the following strategy (for future use after I've finished optimizing) and I want to make sure it is permissible as well as determine if more experienced users would think it is effective.

Write two short articles: one to place on parked site and one for article marketing. For example, say I have a parked family fun site. I could write an article (for article marketing) that suggests why families need to spend more time having fun together. Then in footer include hyper link with key words etc. I would then add article on parked family fun page offering a couple tips for ways to have fun with your family.

•••
Received my Parked.com 1st payment one minute ago

joined Parked.com on November 21st. Just received my 1st payment into my paypal account. High $xx.xx.
My first 2 weeks with Parked have been really great.
I enjoy this service and I hope this will last
Thank you Parked.

•••
Yes, I just got my first payment and I still haven't seen anything from Bodis (which I left for Parked).

•••

If you mean the Alternate Traffic Destination, that's how I've done it. It should be a complete URL. The word DOMAIN in curly brackets ("{DOMAIN}") is a placeholder to use if you want to take some additional action based on the domain name:

http://www.example.com/DoSomething.php?site={DOMAIN}

Then you could have "DoSomething.php" take some action or vary its output based upon the domain name...

•••
deannam said:
I haven't even been with Parked a month and I'm already in love. Now I need to do everything I can to keep the flame alive. After Bodis blew up though I'm now nervous that I will get burned again. Do I have anything to be nervous about?

Definitely NOT!
PARKED.COM is THE MOST SOLID Parking Company currently on the internet! :tu:

•••
deannam said:
Yes, I just got my first payment and I still haven't seen anything from Bodis (which I left for Parked).

Same here. Just got my first payment. I wonder if Donny has an idea how many people went to parked when Bodis kicked 90% of its members out?

In any case.....Parked rocks! :$:

Fabian

•••
-fp- said:
Same here. Just got my first payment. I wonder if Donny has an idea how many people went to parked when Bodis kicked 90% of its members out?

In any case.....Parked rocks! :$:

Fabian

Yes. I want to ask for an account now very much. waiting for donny...

•••
I have a couple of questions please:

1. Does anyone have suggestions on how to best utilize the feature that allows you to input text onto the bottom of your parked page? I would assume you could put a paragraph or two about the subject but that seems almost too obvious.

2. Donny, I know you are always looking for ways to improve Parked.com, so in that vein, it would be extremely helpful to me if you had something in the interface that not only listed our domains but on the same line as the domain, stats, edit, etc., it also showed if the domain had been manually optimized and when. Does that make sense?

Thank you for the great job you guys are doing.

Mark:)

•••
I think I recall someone asking about India traffic. I can verify that it does.

I have a .co.in and over 90% of the traffic is India. Type in or no hostname, meanwhile.com, Google.co.in and Google.com. While not mega payment the RPC is far more than $0.02.

Thank you Parked.

•••
Donny,

I am trying to analyze the affect of traffic from various countries on my Parked.com performance for my domains using the "Traffic Analysis" data display. I am finding it difficult, because, no matter which way I get at it, the numbers are always the same for a specific domain. From this I can only surmise that the "Traffic Analysis" numbers are for "all time" or some unstated time period (no mention of any time period on the "Traffic Analysis" page). Is that correct?

I would like to see the traffic numbers for a specific day or day range. Am I overlooking something? Is that possible? If not, could it be added as a future enhancement?

Thanks.

•••
Data provided is from the last 5 days
ArtfulWebSites said:
Donny,
From this I can only surmise that the "Traffic Analysis" numbers are for "all time" or some unstated time period (no mention of any time period on the "Traffic Analysis" page). Is that correct?

•••
Anyone have any examples of creative sites that are up with parked.com that I can look at to get ideas?

Clintonjoke.com / ufschedule.com / sportswebchannel.com / videowebchannel.com

•••
•••
Got my first payment yesterday as scheduled! I'm thankful to have finally found a reliable parking company with great customer support. :)

•••
Any company where the money is deposited in my bank account before I even receive the email telling me that it's been sent is okey dokey by me. That's two pay periods in a row that happened.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back