Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
packrat said:
I must say that I love Parked too. I have 25 recently regged .ca domains making
about $18/day - that's about 90% of total revenue, and that's with only about
150 visitors a day. The stats are also great - it's so much easier to optimize and
customize my domains when I can see where the traffic is coming from and what
keywords visitors are using.

The only change I'd like to see is the stock templates changed to get rid of the
ugly colors used for the related 1,2 and 3 headings. I think it would be better
if these colors were at least set to match the main header color so that the
default template would be monochromatic. My customized monochomatic landing
pages seem to be working well.

Other than that Parked is awesome!

That's really easy to change those "related 1,2 and 3 headings" Colours. Just go to "Customize Template" and copy/paste your Header colour code to your Left, centre and right Category Box and then hit "save Customization"

GIL :)

•••
I had to jump on the "I love Parked" train!!!! For the past year I had tested various services but recently I had started taking my domain parking much more serious and at the end of the day Parked.com is the winner. Between CTR and overall system function they have my business.

The only names I do not have at parked are my adult domains due to the adult warning page at the front of adult names, but thats not enough to make me say one bad thing about Parked:)

BTW, for reference, had a name that consistently got 30 percent CTR elsewhere (Bodis and Namedrive) and was very pleased with that, moved it to parked and it has a 190% CTR average over 3 weeks.

•••
mindless said:
I had to jump on the "I love Parked" train!!!! For the past year I had tested various services but recently I had started taking my domain parking much more serious and at the end of the day Parked.com is the winner. Between CTR and overall system function they have my business.

The only names I do not have at parked are my adult domains due to the adult warning page at the front of adult names, but thats not enough to make me say one bad thing about Parked:)

BTW, for reference, had a name that consistently got 30 percent CTR elsewhere (Bodis and Namedrive) and was very pleased with that, moved it to parked and it has a 190% CTR average over 3 weeks.

Mind sharing the name? :) was this a page you optimized with your own content or just a stock parked.com page? either way, i would love to see it.

•••
Its a stock parked page, whats funny is I spent less than 30 seconds on it, i put a very generic keyword in when i first moved it over, changed the template to another stock parked template and thought I would come back later to be more specific, etc after my names "soaked" at parked for awhile.

I will PM you the name.

•••
Donny said:
CoolMark - We only support valid gtlds and cctlds. If you add jpn.com that's fine, but if you are trying to add blabla.jpn.com that's not valid.
Donny

Donny, in your stats said like this

*We currently do not support IDN domains.
Maximum file size is 5MB

What's mean ? for how long ? any previous problem ?

•••
SDX said:
That's great to hear bgmv! I love posts like this! :tu:

It turned out yesterday turned out even better than expected. I finished the day with 46 uniques and 20 clicks! Revenue for the day was $4.59 and CTR was 43.48%. For me this is a big deal, Im sure others out there make this is in an hour. My question is how do i get more traffic? If i could get 1k hits per day i would be sitting on a gold mine.

BGMV

•••
Count me in the Parked love fest as well; I seem to have turned a corner and gotten things off the ground recently. It's now outperforming my combined AdSense sites (although to be fair, this is my slowest season for AdSense stuff)

•••
Any tips netmeg on how you turned the corner? I'm doing *alright* right now, and I know it is all on me and not parked.... I think it is probably the fact that I haven't added content to many of my pages, but just the thought of starting to optimize over 1500 or so names that i have at parked just makes my brain hurt.. Is the CTR really a lot different once you add content? (I know, stupid question, but I gotta hear "YES YOU IDIOT!" to motivate me....)

Oh.. and I see you are from Ann Arbor. My condolences about the game last weekend. Im an Illinois fan first but a Michigan Fan second. I hate ohio state. :lol: Can't win em all.

Last edited:
•••
bradskid said:
Any tips netmeg on how you turned the corner? I'm doing *alright* right now, and I know it is all on me and not parked.... I think it is probably the fact that I haven't added content to many of my pages, but just the thought of starting to optimize over 1500 or so names that i have at parked just makes my brain hurt.. Is the CTR really a lot different once you add content? (I know, stupid question, but I gotta hear "YES YOU IDIOT!" to motivate me....)

Oh.. and I see you are from Ann Arbor. My condolences about the game last weekend. Im an Illinois fan first but a Michigan Fan second. I hate ohio state. :lol: Can't win em all.

Ok - YES YOU IDIOT!!

(ork ork)

Oh, and by the way, I have orkork.com, .net, and of course - orkork.org. I just haven't figured out what to do with them yet, but I'm known for "ork ork", so I had to take 'em out.

Adding content makes a difference. Really focusing in on your keyword and related categories makes a big difference. And managing to get ranking / traffic makes a huge difference.

As for last weekend - and this past season - I'd just as soon forget it. I spent that game sitting in the cold wet rain watching Michigan completely blow it. It wasn't that OSU was that great, we were just pitiful. And this is what we spend $750 ea per season (not counting parking and/or shuttle bus) for? Glug. Bring on next year, with a new coach.

Last edited:
•••
Could someone please explain to to me why my custom content text refuses to give me spaces between paragrahs.

I've done this before with some hassles and then it worked, but today all I get is 1 big paragraph instead of 5, separated by spaces. Tried it 5-6 times :'( and nothing changes.

Also when I right click to "Inserts a new table" so that I can give the text a little space on the sides (padding) I get the following message:

"Sorry but we have noticed that your popup-blocker has disabled a window that provides application functionality you need to disable popup blocking on this site to fully utilize this tool"

I'm using IE7 and I disabled my popup-blocker, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas anyone?

•••
GILSAN said:
Also when I right click to "Inserts a new table" so that I can give the text a little space on the sides (padding) I get the following message:

"Sorry but we have noticed that your popup-blocker has disabled a window that provides application functionality you need to disable popup blocking on this site to fully utilize this tool"

I'm using IE7 and I disabled my popup-blocker, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas anyone?

turn off any toolbars that you have installed

•••
GILSAN said:
Could someone please explain to to me why my custom content text refuses to give me spaces between paragrahs.

I've done this before with some hassles and then it worked, but today all I get is 1 big paragraph instead of 5, separated by spaces. Tried it 5-6 times :'( and nothing changes.

Any ideas anyone?

As was mentioned, turn off any toolbar popup blockers. You probably have more than one going.

As for the spaces between paragraphs are you using returns between each par.? That should do it; you could also try hitting shift-Return twice.

•••
Gilsan, are you actually typing everything in or are you copying and pasting. If you are copying and pasting that could be the problem. You can also use ctrl+enter that works as well. Another option is to press the insert button on your keyboard, that's probably the problem. If all else fails, reboot and see if it still happens.

dherwan - We do not support japanesecharacters.com, like xn-kalsdlkjalkja.com.

Donny

•••
netmeg said:
And this is what we spend $750 ea per season (not counting parking and/or shuttle bus) for? Glug. Bring on next year, with a new coach.

Don't worry Netmeg.... I'm sure you'll make that back in a day or two with your Parked.com sites. :hehe:

•••
•••
netmeg - I hear that you may have my LSU coach. Instead of taking him, I bet Alabama would pay Michigan to take Nick Saban.

Donny

•••
Not likely we'd want HIM - we're all too familiar with Saban from his years at Michigan State. Plus I don't think he ever forgave us for Charles Woodson.

Last edited:
•••
Donny,

I notice for the first time since I joined over a week ago, the stats have not finalized at 12:00 MST as they have done every other day. Is there a problem? Any idea when they will be finalized?

•••
ArtfulWebSites - It will probably be late today. We haven't received our numbers from Ask yet and their site says we won't receive the data until 3pm PST. And another 1-2 hours for us to process it and it should be available around then.

Donny

•••
Okey Dokey. Thanks.

BTW, if I have not said it publicly before, I will say it now: The support from Parked is FANTASTIC - even putting up with a fastidious old man like me! You have BY FAR the most professional and friendly parking company I have ever dealt with - and I have tried just about ALL the major ones, and some of the minor players as well.

Among the things I am thankful for is finding Parked.com. Thanks for all that you do.

H*A*P*P*Y T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G to you and the Parked team.

•••
Personal attention + early earnings payment=best parking service hands down.

Thanks Donny and Co!

•••
Couldn't agree more with the previous two posts. Turn around time for responses and solutions to problems is remarkable.

•••
Donny said:
Gilsan, are you actually typing everything in or are you copying and pasting. If you are copying and pasting that could be the problem. You can also use ctrl+enter that works as well. Another option is to press the insert button on your keyboard, that's probably the problem. If all else fails, reboot and see if it still happens.

dherwan - We do not support japanesecharacters.com, like xn-kalsdlkjalkja.com.

Donny

It's OK now Donny. I had 5-6 sites open at the same time on IE7. I closed them all and re-did it. I wrote it on Word and then Copy/pasted as I allways do.

Now what I still can't get right is the other problem:

When I right click to "Inserts a new table" so that I can give the text a little space on the sides (padding) I get the following message:

Have to discover what other "toolbar popup blockers" are doing this.

Thanks everyone

•••
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.. :)

•••
I hate to say this, but the time has come for Turkey Day in the US. So most of our employees will be out filling themselves with way too many calories on Thursday and then on Friday they will be recovering all day probably watching the LSU football game. So if you send anything to your account manager please understand that it may take a little longer than normal for them to respond.

And I will be going on a family cruise tomorrow afternoon, until Monday afternoon. So this probably means that I won't be around as much as normal. But I will be checking email and the boards at least once a day. So if anybody needs anything please just be a little patient.

I remember something my dad used to always say to me before we went to my grandparents for Thanksgiving. If you don't like something, instead of offending them by saying you don't like anything, just tell them the last time you had "sweet potatoes" that you had an allergic reaction to them so you want to pass this time. And the last word of wisdom from my dad always said was make sure to fill your pockets with anything that you like and we can have a good dinner tonight. :)

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back