NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GILSAN said:
I added custom content at the bottom of the page and want to add a picture from my PC. Can't seem to find a way to do it. I click the "Insert /Edit Image" icon, and then on "Image Description" I write down the location on my Disc where picture is located, fill in the rest, and a blank rectangle appears (is inserted next to the text) with the name of the photo but with no photo. Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

GIL :)

Gil,

I've never tried that feature, but I presume the image has to be first uploaded to any free image hosting service (photobucket etc). The next step would be to add that image link to the image url option. You can't upload it directly from your computer's drive. That option is possible only when uploading pics to your custom templates.

Btw,I just read your pm regarding this.

:)

•••
Picture have to be .jpg , under 60K in size, and 385 Width x 261 Height

•••
Varon said:
Gil,

I've never tried that feature, but I presume the image has to be first uploaded to any free image hosting service (photobucket etc). The next step would be to add that image link to the image url option. You can't upload it directly from your computer's drive. That option is possible only when uploading pics to your custom templates.

Btw,I just read your pm regarding this.

:)

Thanks Varon.

I was under the impression that since I could upload pics to my custom templates, I could do the same at the bottom of the page. Not knowing the reason why this is not possible, it seems silly that we cannot do it. Thanks for your sugestion.

GIL :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
RaiderGirl said:
Do I know you?....Your not that guy who followed me up to my hotel room in Florida, wearing that black furry thing, are you?..... :lol:

How you doing Peter? This is some thread you gave birth to, 42,099 visits, Holy cow!.

My stats for yesterday did not update either, Todays revenue matches yesterdays and we still have 7 more hours left in the day...... I love it.

RG

Hmm...was I wearing anything at all??! :lol:
We need you here girl! ;) Stop playing on that "other forum" so much! :lol:
Well it seems stats finally finalized...unfortunately down for me...:td:
Oh well, still love PARKED!!! :tu:

•••
I must have done something right yesterday and today:
CTR = 42.86% (Overall) some domains had 100% CTR..
Even though revenue was "ok" yesterday, it exploded by over 230% today - if the stats show the same result after being finalized tomorrow, that is.

IB

PS:
D-: D-: D-: D-: D-: D-: i broke parked.com!!!!
parked.com said:
Fatal error: Unable to connect to MySQL server on 192.168.226.5 in /www/phpinclude/database.inc.php on line 200

•••
i cannot connect/login ...anyone else having the problem ?

•••
I cant log in, says: Sorry, an error occured. Please try your request again later.

but i logged in about 20 min ago

•••
Yes no login here either ...I was just saving some custom text and BLAM database error and now no log in ....I hope they did'nt lose the stats...lol The Parking pages are still showing whew!

•••
IntelBank.com said:
I must have done something right yesterday and today:
CTR = 42.86% (Overall) some domains had 100% CTR..
Even though revenue was "ok" yesterday, it exploded by over 230% today - if the stats show the same result after being finalized tomorrow, that is.

IB

PS:
D-: D-: D-: D-: D-: D-: i broke parked.com!!!!

Mike, how could you!!! ;)

•••
SDX said:
Mike, how could you!!! ;)
Well,..what can i say. Bad Mojo... :alien:

I figured, things are going way too well, it's time for some commotion. Maybe there's a "check your stats limiter"? In other words, checking every 35.3 seconds may be overloading the gerbil that's running the stats?

:hehe:

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Well,..what can i say. Bad Mojo... :alien:

I figured, things are going way too well, it's time for some commotion. Maybe there's a "check your stats limiter"? In other words, checking every 35.3 seconds may be overloading the gerbil that's running the stats?

:hehe:

IB

:lol:

•••
Anyone else missing stats for today? (8th)

•••
A stats limiter that's a good one. I call this Donny fell asleep and didn't verify everything was back up 100%. The 8th should show up in about an hour or so.

My many trips are coming to an end today, I'm flying back home to drive everybody crazy. Many new ideas.

Donny

•••
The stats are catching up from last night and today.

•••
Donny said:
A stats limiter that's a good one. I call this Donny fell asleep and didn't verify everything was back up 100%. The 8th should show up in about an hour or so.

My many trips are coming to an end today, I'm flying back home to drive everybody crazy. Many new ideas.

Donny

We're excited to hear them Donny! :tu:
PARKED.COM is #1! :tu:

•••
Donny said:

Donny

That sounds very interesting. :) Looking forward to the new ideas.

•••
How about the option to use a .gif for landing pages?

I would like to add text effects with my domain names in the .gif

•••
Fitz said:
How about the option to use a .gif for landing pages?

I would like to add text effects with my domain names in the .gif

I agree...moving .Gif's would be cool! :tu:

•••
SDX said:

I've been able to use them without an issue. I just host them on another site and point the address to it. I'm not sure I still have any running, but I will look. I also was able to use .gif movies from a free myspace .gif site for some "Adult" like teasers.

•••
We're like a pack of hungry dogs at feeding time :laugh: Or panthers

SDX said:
We're excited to hear them Donny! :tu:
PARKED.COM is #1! :tu:

•••
SDX said:

Sorry, hit submit to quickly.

I had them up when the customization first started, but it didn't have any real increase on my visitors or CTR. Probably didn't let it sit for long enough, but I've found the minimalistic approach works best... Short and to the point.

Thanks also to everyone who has given up their tips and tricks for better SEO. This newbie appreciates all the help he can get :)

•••
DnPresident said:
We're like a pack of hungry dogs at feeding time :laugh: Or panthers

:lol:

•••
GDTech said:
I had them up when the customization first started
How exactly did you insert a .gif in parked's landing template when all you are able to upload is jpg?

•••
Inside the "content" WYSIWYG editor, you can link to images, which also enables you to link to a .gif.
I don't think it's possible to run anything but a .jpg in the main structure, though.

IB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back