Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
valerie said:
Is this revenue that is showing going to stay? I mean is revenue data instant?

I have RPC 0.26 at the moment for like 50 clicks.

Or it will update tomorrow like namedrive?

If it has an asterisk beside it - it still has to update.

•••
Let me clarify our international support. Our Yahoo feed works with all of the countries and in most cases their native language.

Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.K., and U.S.

In some cases when we have found Yahoo's native language support is not as great as it should be, so we have our own system that we can use internally to make a country use our system not what Yahoo recommends.

Now anything that goes to our secondary provider is another story. We completely handle what shows on those domains. Right now if somebody goes to cameras.com from China they will probably see English results, because we haven't found any Chinese results that work. But if you go to cameras.com from say Puerto Rico, you might see the results in Spanish.

Hope this makes sense.

Donny

•••
Wow taiwan is on your list. Great.

•••
Donny said:
Let me clarify our international support. Our Yahoo feed works with all of the countries and in most cases their native language.

Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.K., and U.S.

In some cases when we have found Yahoo's native language support is not as great as it should be, so we have our own system that we can use internally to make a country use our system not what Yahoo recommends.

Now anything that goes to our secondary provider is another story. We completely handle what shows on those domains. Right now if somebody goes to cameras.com from China they will probably see English results, because we haven't found any Chinese results that work. But if you go to cameras.com from say Puerto Rico, you might see the results in Spanish.

Hope this makes sense.

Donny

Makes perfect sense and is definitely a step in the right direction. Are there any plans to add more countries? Selfishly i'd have to point towards China, but Scandinavian countries as well as Poland, Russia, etc. would that be beneficial and eventually on the horizon someday?
It would open up an entirely new avenue that i'd be thinking about. Eventually, even though i'm not a big fan of it, IDN domains would start making sense then?
Just thinking out loud... ;)

•••
First RPC was 0.26, and after update 0.11 - which is about the same as others pay for this name.

And CTR is MUCH lower then on other provider.

Has big plans about it, now will have to find something else.

•••
Those are the countries Yahoo monetizes. Our secondary provider technically can support every country, if there are results. The question is more finding people who are willing to pay for certain traffic. For example there is not a single person paying for any adult term in China or India right now. In English, Chinese or Hindi. It's just not there. As our system learns about certain terms that have advertisers we add them in the system and we start using them. So it's a constant learning process.

IDN's make sense? Come on. :)) Alexa Raad who was the person who lead Verisign's move to IDN's a long time ago came to our office one day and spent 2 days trying to explain to us why IDN's would change the world. We never got it and I don't think most people did based on the number of domains that are actually getting used. One day they may take off, but since I speak/write in 2 languages I have never even thought about personally typing in français.com. But that's me and yes the domain is already registered. :) BTW, did I mention that Alexa is in marketing for .mobi?

Donny

Valerie,
You were with us for 1 day. Our estimates take 5 days to get an accurate estimate of what you will be paid, especially based on the type of portfolio you have.

Donny

•••
Donny, can you please respond to my account opening email issue?

Thanks.

•••
I thought I responded yesterday, sorry. :) I just did.

Donny

•••
You CANNOT get service like that of Donny's at Parked ANYWHERE!!! :)

•••
So far i'm actually making some cash...unfortunately only from mainly 1 domain,...that i would have never thought is going to have some CTR. Must be something about Parked, 'cause this domain surely didn't generate any cash anywhere else! :) :tu:

•••
IntelBank.com said:
So far i'm actually making some cash...unfortunately only from mainly 1 domain,...that i would have never thought is going to have some CTR. Must be something about Parked, 'cause this domain surely didn't generate any cash anywhere else! :) :tu:

Great! :)
Parked is down today for some nice REAL TIME STATS updates! :kickass:

•••
Well, I am so pleased with Parked.com that I'm moving more names from SEDO to them.The Pay per Click ios much higher, even after the update.
The biggest reason for this is that an adultname I own is really making money now @ Parked.com, and the fact I'm earning more money now and get better service.

•••
Does Parked support .mobi?

•••
•••
garrett200 said:
Does Parked support .mobi?

Of course YES, Garrett :)

•••
To clarify: Parked.com does "support" .Mobi and the site will show up on a mobile device, except it may not be fully optimized for all mobile devices yet...that's being worked on! :)

•••
Beginners Help

Hi All! I've enjoyed reading the thread on Parked.com. A friend just recently told me about domain parking and recommended Parked.com. So I'm seriously thinking about it, but have some questions.

Are there any particular domain categories that produce better than others? Are there any secrets to naming domains that will draw more attention? Conversely, are there incorrect or inefficient ways to name domains that should be avoided? Also, how do you drive visitors to your the site? I know that Google and others sell ads, but what is your experience with this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Marty

•••
If you are thinking of registering new domains for parking, then I'd think again. New domains generally do very badly for parking because they have zero traffic.

•••
stub said:
If you are thinking of registering new domains for parking, then I'd think again. New domains generally do very badly for parking because they have zero traffic.
I disagree with this, I register new domains for development quite frequently & surprisingly find out that people do type in just about anything.
You would be surprised. :)

•••
RareIQ said:
I disagree with this, I register new domains for development quite frequently & surprisingly find out that people do type in just about anything.
You would be surprised. :)

I further support this - I registered a domain for the first time last month (with no history whatsoever) and within a week got a single click worth over $3.00.

I guess there are 'x' number of ppl typing in the world at any one time - the odds are favourable to land one or two of those - even with new domains.

•••
I think parked.com has the best user interface. Maybe even too much stuff but it's all sorted pretty good. Top notch customer service, plenty of relevant pictures to go with the ads.

PPC seems okay. Some domains don't perform well as they did at another parking co so I'll have to move some back.

Overall, you will be happy there.

•••
Great stuff with parked.

•••
I think parked.com is good... Their PPC system is one of the best. However, some of my domains do not earn well as they did at other parking companies.

Last edited:
•••
One thing I'm loving about Parked is the multiple clicks per visitor! After 3 weeks at Parked, my SX.TV has 86 visitors with a 126% CTR! :tu:

•••
dagersh said:
One thing I'm loving about Parked is the multiple clicks per visitor! After 3 weeks at Parked, my SX.TV has 86 visitors with a 126% CTR! :tu:

How much earning you have for your .TV domain in parked daily?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back