IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just before I submitted this I was showing blank page for some names but now looks up.

Not sure if it's related but When I customize a template color it's not taking either . I changed 1 more than 1 hour ago and it is still not changed.

•••
I got that message too, and as mentioned above, I pulled all my accounts several weeks ago. Couple other people I know got them too.

•••
What is the min to advertise on Yahoo? Is it still 5 cents a click?

•••
netmeg said:
You have to kind of understand how the PPC works. There's a lot of calculations and variables that go into the value of a click (one of these days I'm going to do a post on that, both from the publisher and the advertiser side)

Just because you get 1.50 for a click on a domain with a particular keyword doesn't by any means you will always get that, or even NEAR to that.

For one thing, advertisers are always fluctuating. Some drop out, some join up. Some notice how much they're spending and suddenly drastically reduce their budgets, some increase. Some use up their daily budgets by noon their time, so other, lower paying advertisers take their place until the next day and the original advertiser's daily budget restarts.

Moreover, if your domain had something to do with music, but you're suddenly putting an entirely different keyword on it - if that keyword isn't directly related to whatever brought that user to your domain in the first place, it doesn't matter WHAT it's worth - they aren't likely to click on the top ads on the page.

When someone searches on your parked domain, they are presented with around 10 (I think) ads on a page. For Google feeds, the top paying ads are usually the first few at the top of the page - it's probably the same for Yahoo feeds, but I don't know for sure. But assuming it is - maybe that top ad *is* paying $1.50, but what if that's not the one your visitor clicked on - for whatever reason, he was more interested in ad #8 which only nets you 14 cents. Or five cents.

There's also the way search engines broad match searches. You may have picked a keyword that somehow can have multiple meanings (and trust me, you wouldn't believe some of the weird ways search engines can match up searches to keywords) So your keyword might be spot on for some people, but it's kind of far fetched for the visitor that happened to land that day.

Another thing that affects the value of the click is the value of your traffic. If I'm running keywords about loan consolidations in North Carolina and I get a bunch of clicks from Spain or India, the search engines are going to discount the amount the parking company (and thus I) get paid; if they didn't, the advertisers would have kittens about paying for traffic that probably won't convert for them. Yea, they should be better about geo targeting, but that doesn't always work either. As far as I have seen, US traffic simply pays better (at least here)

There's some other factors that go into all this, but I haven't got time to post them here; I have a busy day ahead.

But it's not at all unusual for me to run the gamut on a single domain of .02 clicks up to $4 or $5 clicks. There are a lot of variables in play on *every single click*.

Hope that helps.

Netmeg:

That was completely informative, and I really appreciate all the time it took for you explain that to me. I would have thanked you sooner, but am on a family trip with very limited internet access.

Let me absorbe that for a bit, and make adjustments accordingly.

Thanks again!

•••
I have decided to shift all my domains to PARKED.com

A few days ago, I submitted my application form to become a member at PARKED, but still had no news. Need help ...

•••
donny any pictures from DMG to be seen?

•••
Hi Donny :

Could you please help me to join parked ? I like parked.com , because it is the best one , I had PM you ,thanks !

•••
My pictures from the show are pretty bad except for the picture of me with 2 chipped teeth and a skinned up face from falling out of a cab. :)

I'll see if I can find some and post a few.

Donny

•••
You fell out face first? whoa...

Well, that's N'yawlins for ya.

•••
netmeg said:
You fell out face first? whoa...

Well, that's N'yawlins for ya.

Donny's eyes must've....*ahem*....been focused elsewhere! :D

•••
Donny said:
My pictures from the show are pretty bad except for the picture of me with 2 chipped teeth and a skinned up face from falling out of a cab. :)
Donny

So the cab company bought Voodoo.com?

That won't look good with that new 1983 trailer you just bought LOL. Have to get those fixed pronto.

On a serious note :

Oh damn man, :o chipped teeth? If your being serious, that's not good and I'm really sorry to hear that. I hit some concrete with my teeth flipping over the handlebars of a bike one time. Chipped my left front one, so I know it sucks and is a little scary at first. Scary not knowing if the chip is going to get worst. Real little pieces of the tooth continued coming off and getting into my mouth, sorta feels like little pieces of sand.

I wish you a speedy re-construction of your frontals

Dave

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:

I'll see if I can find some and post a few.

Donny
Hey Donny, next Mardi Gras forget about N'yawlins and go see the greatest Carnival of all in Rio de Janeiro. You won't lose your teeth, but you may lose your head and a few kilos dancing the samba for a whole week.

But you can also head to my little sunny island of Madeira. We also have a great Carnival Parade where the women outnumber the men by 6 to 1. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOxrGCAcYs

Yesterday we had another Parade, which is open to everyone to participate and a lot of fun. It's the people's carnival or as the English would call the "Bungler's Pageant" at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsVdY45TY0

•••
GILSAN said:
Hey Donny, next Mardi Gras forget about N'yawlins and go see the greatest Carnival of all in Rio de Janeiro. You won't lose your teeth, but you may lose your head and a few kilos dancing the samba for a whole week.

But you can also head to my little sunny island of Madeira. We also have a great Carnival Parade where the women outnumber the men by 6 to 1. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOxrGCAcYs

Yesterday we had another Parade, which is open to everyone to participate and a lot of fun. It's the people's carnival or as the English would call the "Bungler's Pageant" at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsVdY45TY0

Well, when folks lose the kilos you just bring those to me and I'll make you very happy. :laugh:

Nice link, carnaval looks great!

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
:)
Not if I have anything to say about it. B-)

You've got enough money in domain names....Let me have the Kilos :laugh:

•••
That's what happens when you have 6 hurricanes from Pat O'Briens the first night. Hell, I barely even knew I was in a cab.

The picture is classic. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
That's what happens when you have 6 hurricanes from Pat O'Briens the first night. Hell, I barely even knew I was in a cab.

Donny
Did you name them like the weather service...
A, B, C, D, E, F ? wait, we know what F stood for :laugh:

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:

Donny

6 hurricanes for you is like a whale eating a Tic Tac. Now make a real confession. You may have gotten away with that story with someone else.

•••
When you are on your sixth hurricane you call it a Category 6! :)

n677874576_1284056_7335.jpg

This is what you look like the next morning after falling out of a cab and catching your fall with your face.

Donny

•••
But your not smiling- Swollen nose and lip as well.

Donny said:
When you are on your sixth hurricane you call it a Category 6! :)
This is what you look like the next morning after falling out of a cab and catching your fall with your face.

Donny

•••
I couldn't smile, it hurt too damn much. It's ok, I was back on the saddle about 12 hours after the street beat me up.

Donny

•••
Seabass said:
Muito bom...muito bom Gilsan. Essas garotas são muito bonitas. :)

On another note Gilsan.....have you noticed your Portuguese domains ending in .com starting to lose traffic ?
Obrigado Seabass, estas meninas são uma beleza, mas as Brasileiras são uma brasa! :lala:

Yes, most of my domains are losing traffic. I'm going to drop a lot of my domains that are coming up for renewall.

Donny, looks like your nose cushioned your close encounter with the floor :laugh: Actually you don't look as bad as what you probably feel. Remember, next year head for Rio!

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
I couldn't smile, it hurt too damn much. It's ok, I was back on the saddle about 12 hours after the street beat me up.

Donny
Good thing you got those video interviews over first!

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back