NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sebastian,
ake7.com is showing ak47 for me.

Donny

•••
Yes I know... :) Didnt know selling that is a allowed use of parking... ;)

d9m.info as a better example. Dim is the keyword that was found. I dont know if someone that comes to that site would click on one of the keywords. But maybe its the best word. If there would be to many generic gambling-sites it would be too much... Dont know...

Dont know... Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
Is it ever going to be possible to see what all these 404s are about? Over the past few days I've been seeing a steady stream of them over one group of domains, and it's got me somewhat curious. I seem to only be getting 404s on them, maybe because I just moved them back to Parked from Fabulous.

•••
Sebastian - Obviously you can edit your own keywords on a domain, which is very easy to do. The other option would be to talk to your account manager about optimizing the domain for you, but something like d9m.info, unless it has traffic will be hard to optimize.

netmeg - Yes, it's been a little more complicated than we had originally expected. Ok, a lot more complicated. Your account manager can tell you which domains are getting the 404's for you very easily.

Donny

•••
Oh I know which domains are getting them; they show up as 0 visits in my daily stats - I'm just trying to figure out *why* or where they're coming from.

•••
netmeg - here's the problem. Googlebot-Image/1.0

It's been fixed.

Donny

•••
Hunh, how weird. Well, thanks!

•••
Seemed to be looking for some broken images. We don't really track which ones, but every 404 from today was with that UA.

Donny

•••
What is the Current Click rate on parked for your domains?I've been using sedo for parking domains and they give €0.02 per click .

•••
Sounds like a better service than Sedo. If I had a traffic domain I would rather develop it instead of parking it. You would definitely earn a lot more and your domain would be worth more too. Yes, it takes a little more work but it's worth it!

•••
Shan said:
Sounds like a better service than Sedo. If I had a traffic domain I would rather develop it instead of parking it. You would definitely earn a lot more and your domain would be worth more too. Yes, it takes a little more work but it's worth it!
Developing requires extra time and extra money as well as professional help..Its not that easy to develop a website and then start earning in short time..But For parking it needs 10 mins to do everything...=)

•••
artmalik said:
What is the Current Click rate on parked for your domains?I've been using sedo for parking domains and they give €0.02 per click .

Depends on the domain name and niche. I had one domain that got a .01 click today. I had some others that did several hundred times better. In general, I have done much better with Parked than anywhere else, particularly SEDO.

•••
artmalik said:
Shan said:
Developing requires extra time and extra money as well as professional help..Its not that easy to develop a website and then start earning in short time..But For parking it needs 10 mins to do everything...=)
Yea, you're right about that. It does take a whole lot of time. Especially for people who have hundreds of domains or don't have time to develop websites. Those are the people that parking is convenient for.

•••
what is 404 at parked dashboard ?

•••
Donny I understand your logic of 1 click landers paying less than 2 click landers but when 1 click landers convert at 80% and 2 click landers convert at 30% dosent that make up for the 20% or so less from a 1 click lander to a 2 click lander? I look for 1 click landers when registering a domain if I intend to park it. Also can we set a keyword at what we want for domains like AAAB.com or lYEj.com etc

•••
DATA FEED for CUSTOM CONTENT POSSIBLE?

A question for Donny and those of you who are more tech savvy (and please forgive if this has been covered in an earlier thread):

Is it possible to add a data feed like a stock or commodity price ticker to the custom content area of our parked domains? I'm talking about something pretty basic, that just shows continually updated prices for a few indexes like the Dow, S&P 500, etc. perhaps a few commodity prices like oil.

If so, does anyone know how to do this and any good sources of free code to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

•••
I can't get on Parked.com

My measely portfolio of 200+ domains, most of which being .info (i know-yuck), apparently isn't good enough. Oh well....

Donny, are you the one to see about this?

•••
buygooddomains - You may make more money on one domain with a 1 click lander, but if you have 50 or 100 you would overall make more on 2 click that 1 click. Sure you can set the keyword on a domain like aaab.com.

zenon - This isn't available yet, but will be at some time.

nhgumbah - I can only look at your application and ake recommendations. It is not 100% up to me.

Donny

•••
Does anyone have any general advice about putting custom content on their domains? I dont have any yet, but was thinking I should start. Do y'all put just images relating to keywords? Or write something yourself relating to the subject? What is the most effective kind of content?

•••
Thanks for the reply, Donny.

•••
aswinstanley said:
Does anyone have any general advice about putting custom content on their domains? I dont have any yet, but was thinking I should start. Do y'all put just images relating to keywords? Or write something yourself relating to the subject? What is the most effective kind of content?

At Parked: For me content on the page like in the footer seems to help sometimes and Filling out the title tag and the meta tag description and keywords are a must.

An example is PurchaseGoldBullion.com: on msn at the time of posting this it shows up for almost every keyword I've put in the keyword box like - Purchase Gold - purchase gold bullion - Gold bullion - and so on.

Hope this helps a little. It's really hit & miss

Last edited:
•••
Eeeek! My parked.com stats today are only a 5% CTR and an RPM of less than $5!! Not sure if this is just a fluke, or if something is going on. My RPM usually averages around $50 and my CTR around 30-40%!!! anyone else having a bad day, and can make me feel a little better? :)

•••
Fragger said:
Eeeek! My parked.com stats today are only a 5% CTR and an RPM of less than $5!! Not sure if this is just a fluke, or if something is going on. My RPM usually averages around $50 and my CTR around 30-40%!!! anyone else having a bad day, and can make me feel a little better? :)
I'm also having a lousy day, very similar or worse than yours. :zzz: Hope that makes you feel better. :laugh:

Perhaps it's to do with Obama's VP choice, or because it's a saturday. Lets wait till the end of the day and see what happens.

•••
Yep. Visits about the same, but very few clicks/low RPM. It's 92 degrees here; too hot to care. It'll pick back up. It always does.

•••
Yeah...Obama woke up most of my friends at 3 am with his VP pick text message... may explain why many people are still asleep.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back