Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I signed up on parked.com today. How long does it take to get an approval ?

-eseller

Last edited:
•••
The article was interesting, but where is the interview with Donny?

Does Parked really own Modern Domainer? I thought they just bought huge ads there.

DomainSubway said:
hey guys i just started a new domainers blog this week. my first interview is with donny of parked.com, you may want to read this.

here is the headline
Parked.com treats its employees terrible!!!

check out DNKitchen.com for the full story.

•••
healingsites said:
I was wondering the same thing.
Was the interview the meeting, or is there a Q & A piece coming?

Cy

•••
vbigdeli said:
still waiting for 21st finalized stats

From my account:

2008-07-23

7/21 & 7/22 Stats
Final stats are delayed.

Final stats for 7/21 & 7/22 are delayed due to a delay in the reporting from one of our providers. Final numbers will be posted as soon as they are available. Parked.com

•••
Thanks netmeg :)

did you see new graph bar @ dashboard?

•••
vbigdeli said:
did you see new graph bar @ dashboard?

Yes nice fast graph

•••
johname said:
Yes nice fast graph
I like it :tu:

It will be even better If we have the same dashboard for single domain stats. IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
i guess more of an article, sorry. i reworded my post and blog.

hope you at least liked the article :)

~ Cyberian ~ said:
I was wondering the same thing.
Was the interview the meeting, or is there a Q & A piece coming?

Cy

hey leonard,

i guess it was more an article on parked.com than anything. i'll work on the next article to be more of a interview style layout. maybe i'll follow up with a part two for some questions and answers.

yes he owns moder domainer, but maybe that's a secret. shhhhh :)

ps. i liked your interviews with him on parkquick.com, watched them earlier today.

healingsites said:

Does Parked really own Modern Domainer? I thought they just bought huge ads there.

•••
Logged in, saw the new graph and immediately thought there would be more features... but alas that was it.

Donny you tease.

•••
whitebark said:
Logged in, saw the new graph and immediately thought there would be more features... but alas that was it.

Donny you tease.

Yeah, Donny's making me drool for more... ;)
I want a "computer.com" template! :sold:

•••
SDX said:
Yeah, Donny's making me drool for more... ;)
I want a "computer.com" template! :sold:

me too!!

like the graphs much better.....:)

donny - let me get my hands on one of those "computer.com" templates....:)

stop teasing man!!!..:)

•••
netmeg said:
There are plenty of threads in here about GoDaddy's parking, all you have to do is search for them. Most people aren't very happy with it, and no, you shouldn't have to pay to park.

My rep told me that GD parking was being totally reworked and "big, big announcement" coming that will "shake up domain parking" with Adam Dicker in the lead, sporting the highest payouts, great graphics, etc.......

Of course, we have all heard that one before though.

whitebark said:

Donny you tease.
The new graph is slick, but it would be nice if we could run a graph going back a few years as opposed to 365 days. I would enjoy that feature and would find it very useful.

It would also be nice to do the same thing with individual domains going back several years.

...... still big improvement. :]

•••
2008-07-21 stats is starting to finalise

•••
Sorry about the delay in the stats. Sometimes a few of our providers have issues of their own. But they are finalized now.

The new graph was a based on Andrew from Domain Name Wire making the comment that he didn't completely understand what the graph was showing. We do have the ability to have a time frame built into the graph, so yes it is cool to see going back two years. Our plans are to add the time frame in the next day or so. We will probably add a few more options as well.

We will be adding this same style graph to the domain level as well. And it will be able to go back till the domain was first added to your account.

If anybody ever watched the movie, "What about Bob?", sometimes you have to take "baby steps" before you can actually run. :)

Donny

•••
Sure - if I can fake Tourette's Syndrome, then I don't have it.

•••
•••
That was a line from What About Bob! I loved that movie.

Oh well. Never mind.

•••
netmeg said:
Sure - if I can fake Tourette's Syndrome, then I don't have it.
:laugh:

•••
You got me. Now I remember the line. So many great quotes.

Donny

•••
guys ,i have some domains that sit on godady ,im not use them, but in some of them when i check my server log i see blank referrer traffic, does it mean that the traffic is type -in?

•••
urir123 said:
guys ,i have some domains that sit on godady ,im not use them, but in some of them when i check my server log i see blank referrer traffic, does it mean that the traffic is type -in?
What you ought to do is open a Parked.com account, place them in the account , and then check your Parked.com stats against your GD stats, or your own server stats for clarification.

Besides, wouldn't you prefer to make some money on those domains instead of giving the traffic to GD so they can make the money? ( I am assuming you don't have a parking account already with GD)

•••
Total domains 340; joined 16th this month. Today is 4th day my earning null!

Last edited:
•••
onlinelife - You just don't have much traffic. I know we both expected .me domains to have more traffic than they do today, but they really are much worse than I expected. And don't get me started on .mobi or .asia domains either.

You have to have traffic to make money.

Donny

•••
Parked domains resolving to Captcha/IP Blocked Screen

Donny --

I emailed my rep about one domain that was resolving this way, but I'm alarmed to see that a handful of my parked domains are resolving to a captcha/ ip blocked message screen and at least one has been indexed this way in google.

In other words if I go to

parked-domain.com it resolves to

parked-domain.com/captcha/index.php?d=parked-domain.com

Typing in the captcha code just brings up another identical screen

I'm sending you the list of domains I've found like this by PM.

Please let me know what is going on with this. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back