IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sihar07 said:
OMG... new rpc record occured in my parked portfolio..

RPC $34.04

:$: :$: :$: :hehe:

WOW!!

Major Congrats

This is after the update I hope???

If ok if asked what was the keyword or term for this high of a click????

•••
Is this new math, what am I missing here??

5 clicks RPC$0.02 Revenue=$0.08

(I know you all are really jealous over those numbers :lol: )

netmeg said:
Donny, did you ever hear back from your stats guy about why domains with no visits or clicks show up in the current day's traffic? Are they maybe domains with bot traffic that got removed? I have some of these almost every day now. Just wondering.

I see these in my account all the time.

•••
Sihar07

its Karma paying you back for being a kind person. Way to go.

•••
Just put some of my geo domains at parked, I am very impressed up to now by how easy it is to set up the domains, the landers look great too and I like the fact that it lets you add your own content or link. Once I get some major revenue I’ll be much happier though. :)

•••
domainpark

Yup. If i'm not mistaken, the rpc with * only $1.3 But today when the * gone.. it turned to 34.04. the domain and keyword is related to law suit on asbestos.

Looks like the dark cloud above parked.com is started to dissapear.. cause all my rpc are went ahead more higher than the late arbie time. Nice Job Parked.com ! couldn't say anything more.

goodkarmaco
thanks buddy !!

•••
My EPC has been steadily declining day after day and it is now at ridiculously low levels I have never seen.

On 3/17, I had 35 names that received 1 or more click. Of these 35 names, 22 actually received EPC of $.04 or less. I had 8 names get $.01 or less. 4 Names got $.02 (One was actually less), and 10 names got $.04.

On 3/18 I had 30 names that got at least one click. Of those 30 names, 7 were for $.01 (3 were actually $.005), 4 were for $.02 (one was $.015), 2 were for $.03, and 7 were for $.04. So, for that day I had 20 names out of 30 at $.04 or less. Also of note, many of the names for $.04 or less had multiple clicks.

I hope that these numbers are not what is to be expected from Parked from now on. How many $.01 and $.02 clicks do you guys get on a name before you move it somewhere else?

•••
Sleepys, concerning the .01 and .02 clicks, I have around 15 to 20 names everyday that get clicks that now get that RPC as well, BUT, I have also tried these names elsewhere after the big breakdown in RPC and I have the same RPC elsewhere too. The difference is I have the ability to get paid for multiple clicks at parked, and on targeted keywords I see that happening fairly frequently. A little research showed that the names with the low RPC really were all names that had the majority of traffic from various countries outside of North America so the low RPC really doesnt surprise me. It did make me "cull the herd" a bit on names that were marginal/on edge of being cut from my portfolio due to being borderline on revenue.

So, and you may of already done this, sorry if you have, but i would check to see the country of origin for the sites you are getting 1 cent clicks on. My experience could be different than yours but that is where i started.

Luckily most of my North American traffic names have continued to pay relatively well with 1 having some of its best days ever.

•••
I am about to go to bed, but I will check tomorow. I assume that they are other countries. But they are a diverse set of names with diverse subjects/kewyords that had not been getting regular $.01 clicks or $.02 clicks. At some of the other places the minimum is $.02 and I usually get over that. $.005 is ridiculous. Many of these names have not been tried elsewhere, so I should test it, but as I said I was not getting clicks like this before a few days ago.

Last edited:
•••
notlikeyou - Calculating the RPC is a new type of math. RPC = Round(Revenue/Clicks). Since we only pay in pennies as the smallest number we always round up or down.

netmeg - About the domains showing up but no visitors or anything, our stats guy is working on adding 404 traffic to the reports. This would allow people to see if there are domains that received 404 traffic, but didn't really qualify for a hit. In our world as with most if a domain gets a 404 and the surfer does nothing it's just a 404. But if a surfer gets a 404 and then browses/surfs/clicks then it's a 404 and a visitor.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
notlikeyou - Calculating the RPC is a new type of math. RPC = Round(Revenue/Clicks). Since we only pay in pennies as the smallest number we always round up or down.

netmeg - About the domains showing up but no visitors or anything, our stats guy is working on adding 404 traffic to the reports. This would allow people to see if there are domains that received 404 traffic, but didn't really qualify for a hit. In our world as with most if a domain gets a 404 and the surfer does nothing it's just a 404. But if a surfer gets a 404 and then browses/surfs/clicks then it's a 404 and a visitor.

Donny

thanks for the response Donny

•••
I have a domain parking at parked.com
It's reasonable revenue??

Date0---------- Visitors-----Clicks-----RPM ▼------CTR-------RPC------- Revenue
2008-03-20 *-----100 -------13------ $1.80----- 13.00% ----$0.01 -------$0.18

What us RPM?
Why my revenue $0.18 only?

•••
What is RPM?

revenue per 1000 visitors - so if your domain has 1000 visitors it would make $ 1.80

hope this helps.

•••
sihar07......

Wow awesome....are you live in jakarta...? you have a good fortune....

•••
I left parked.com and went with fabulous. Revenue went thru the roof at fabulous. I just completed a survey that they sent to me explaining my dissatisfaction. Thier keywords are uncontrolable as well often showing totally unrelated links. :imho:

Last edited:
•••
pixelpadre said:
I left parked.com and went with fabulous. Revenue went thru the roof at fabulous. I just completed a survey that they sent to me explaining my dissatisfaction. Thier keywords are uncontrolable as well often showing totally unrelated links. :imho:

I shifted a couple thousand domains from Parked domains over to Fabulous for a couple, three days recently and saw the same pattern at Fabulous, that I was seeing at Parked. That is to mean, if you have a good English generic OR foreign domain, but the surfer comes to it from an "undesirable" country, then you will get .01 to .03 cents, give or take. I think this is the new order - foreign traffic from those countries will now pay less. So, Fabulous hold no higher ground in that regard I found out.

I see many, many more undesirable ads at Fabulous on my domains, but that is Google's fault, not FAB's. Targeting totally SUCKS with Google - and that, I believe, is on purpose - that's another subject, however.

On a whole I actually appeared to be doing comparable, or worse, I hate to report, over at Fabulous. I'd like to agree with you so that everyone has something to be happy about, but that was not the case on a big sample of good domains. Parked won on that test, albeit a small test.

How are the keywords uncontrollable at Parked? Did you ever try "Optimize This Portfolio" link? Fabulous can't even stand at the starting line when it comes to bulk editing. FAB has some neat tools, but they still lack characteristics for speedy editing. Also, their photo selection is still very, very limited.

Congratulations on your income going through the roof, but I would bet that either you did not have domains at Parked optimized, or you hold few domains or many in a niche that pays better with a Google feed. Or, of course, you hold gambling domains, which everyone knows FAB wins with those.

Also, I might add, Fabulous does not want see your foreign domains AT ALL ! "Engish, with generics preferably please" is what they always say.

Lastly, service. Fabulous has always been known for great service, but Parked is even better. An example: I sent an email last Sunday to my Fabulous representive, Everett, and he still has not responded. He probably will, but Parked almost never does this. It is just about unheard of.

•••
hendrylim said:
sihar07......

Wow awesome....are you live in jakarta...? you have a good fortune....

Yes.. I'm indonesian live in jakarta. Your name looks like indonesian name :) are you ? You are welcome to pm me is there anything I can help you.

•••
skylineleong said:
I have a domain parking at parked.com
It's reasonable revenue??

Date0---------- Visitors-----Clicks-----RPM ▼------CTR-------RPC------- Revenue
2008-03-20 *-----100 -------13------ $1.80----- 13.00% ----$0.01 -------$0.18

What us RPM?
Why my revenue $0.18 only?

Yea, why?
If 1000 visitors = $1.80, then 100 visitors = $0.18
You got $0.18.
What about your 13 clicks x $0.01 = $0.13?

•••
Seabass said:
I shifted a couple thousand domains from Parked domains over to Fabulous for a couple, three days recently and saw the same pattern at Fabulous, that I was seeing at Parked. That is to mean, if you have a good English generic OR foreign domain, but the surfer comes to it from an "undesirable" country, then you will get .01 to .03 cents, give or take. I think this is the new order - foreign traffic from those countries will now pay less. So, Fabulous hold no higher ground in that regard I found out.

I see many, many more undesirable ads at Fabulous on my domains, but that is Google's fault, not FAB's. Targeting totally SUCKS with Google - and that, I believe, is on purpose - that's another subject, however.

On a whole I actually appeared to be doing comparable, or worse, I hate to report, over at Fabulous. I'd like to agree with you so that everyone has something to be happy about, but that was not the case on a big sample of good domains. Parked won on that test, albeit a small test.

How are the keywords uncontrollable at Parked? Did you ever try "Optimize This Portfolio" link? Fabulous can't even stand at the starting line when it comes to bulk editing. FAB has some neat tools, but they still lack characteristics for speedy editing. Also, their photo selection is still very, very limited.

Congratulations on your income going through the roof, but I would bet that either you did not have domains at Parked optimized, or you hold few domains or many in a niche that pays better with a Google feed. Or, of course, you hold gambling domains, which everyone knows FAB wins with those.

Also, I might add, Fabulous does not want see your foreign domains AT ALL ! "Engish, with generics preferably please" is what they always say.

Lastly, service. Fabulous has always been known for great service, but Parked is even better. An example: I sent an email last Sunday to my Fabulous representive, Everett, and he still has not responded. He probably will, but Parked almost never does this. It is just about unheard of.

Parked has no provision for custom Related Searches...thats a very big disadvantage. Most other parking companies allow this.

As far as payout you need only look at these two screen captures.
fab.jpg

parked.jpg

Last edited:
•••
oh thats a sweet name with great RPC :).

SO FAB pays for uniques AND clicks?

•••
That's it...

I quit trying.

3 times refused with high quality domains like stockscentral.net and many 1993+ domains with traffic and PR.

Maybe I should buy Google.com and park it to be accepted...

Hmmmpfff...

** +700 domains heading elsewhere **

•••
Shenron said:
That's it...

I quit trying.

3 times refused with high quality domains like stockscentral.net and many 1993+ domains with traffic and PR.

Maybe I should buy Google.com and park it to be accepted...

Hmmmpfff...

** +700 domains heading elsewhere **

Not to burst your bubble or anything.....but....stockscentral.net is pretty much worthless. :imho:

•••
Shenron - You did apply 3 times and I would have rejected you all 3 times myself. Our signup script rejected each time for the same reasons. I'm going to go ahead and approve you. And I'll PM you why you were rejected.

Donny

•••
Donny, can you check your voicemail?

•••
Varon - I can only check my voicemail from the office, which if you left me a message there I won't get it until Monday. I'm at the in-laws right now dyeing some eggs for tomorrow.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
I'm at the in-laws right now dyeing some eggs for tomorrow.

Donny

Dye some Parked.com Green eggs :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back