Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same thing here guys .... March 1st saw an RPC of $0.01. Its never been below $0.06 before.

Today is also RPC $0.01.

•••
Seabass said:
But still, why would folks search and not click. You would think they would search less and click less, but alas, they are only clicking less. The traffic is still there.

Are you sure it's human traffic? I assume when I see such that it's bot traffic, specially on days like yesterday where something goes through totally unrelated domains in alphabetical order.

•••
netmeg said:
Are you sure it's human traffic? I assume when I see such that it's bot traffic, specially on days like yesterday where something goes through totally unrelated domains in alphabetical order.

It can't be human traffic for sure. Yesterday I've got 12 hits on 12 domains and no clicks which makes me think that it had to be a bot traffic. That happened a few times before when I would get like 19 hits on 19 domains without any clicks. I am not sure, but its hard for me to believe that it was just a coincidence, especially when other people have experienced the same anomaly, just like yesterday.

•••
Hello EveryOne, and Donny:

Can anyone PLEASE answer my question from the previous page of this thread regarding the "Alternative Traffic Destination" setup for the "entire account" under "Account Settings"?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

•••
I've just received 66 clicks from 3 visitors, that's a 2,200% CTR. Bot traffic i guess..

Q1: So any/All traffic that yahoo is not picking up is going to one of these 12 ppc providers as determined by your system "automatically"? Do we need to do something to set it up? You don't mean 12 ppc companies, do you?

It's just like before. But instead of the traffic Yahoo doesn't want going to Ask it will go to one of the other 12 feeds.

I am not sure what do I enter in this field. How do I make my traffic for each domain go to other ppc companies such as DS/Fabulous etc using this feature? Where do I get the redirection code etc. Will a visitor from ww.Domain-A.com then go to ww.Domain-A.com at the other parking company i.e. traffic goes to the same domain lander at other ppc company? Simplified step-by-step help is very much appreciated....I really have no clue

Firstly you need to add "domain-a.com" to the other parking company. But keep the DNS pointed to Parked (obviously). The address you need to forward the domain to depends on the parking company you want to send the traffic to. (For example, to send it to namedrive you have to forward it to http://www.ndparking.com/domain-a.com).

•••
i got 1 visit and 1 click on 2 of my names yesterday, but the RPC is staying at $0, and there's no revenue. this has never happened to me before. THe traffic analysis also shows where the visitors came from. I wonder if i'll end up with $0 for those 2 clicks after the finalization ;)

•••
nu-money said:
Firstly you need to add "domain-a.com" to the other parking company. But keep the DNS pointed to Parked (obviously). The address you need to forward the domain to depends on the parking company you want to send the traffic to. (For example, to send it to namedrive you have to forward it to http://www.ndparking.com/domain-a.com).

First of all, thank you for the response.

I have all the domains in my accounts at DomainSponsor and Fabulous already.

So to setup this "Alternate Traffic Destination" at the "Account Level", thats what I need to do? So if I want to use DomainSponsor as the 'Alternate Traffic Destination' then what will the code be at the account level for 'all domains'?

Here is what I see at the domainsponsor, which one applies to our situation to setup the 'Alternate Traffic Destination' at the account level:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you've added your domains to a portfolio, use one of the parking methods below to start sending traffic to DomainSponsor.

1. Name Server Change

Change the name server at your registrar to point to our servers.

2. URL Redirection

Redirect your domains to a URL, if your registrar allows this.

searchportal.information.com/?o_id=####&domainname=domainname.com

Note: Replace "domainname.com" with your domain name. This method requires you to redirect each domain individually.

3. Bulk URL Redirection Using Frames

This method allows you to forward all of your domains in bulk to a single URL, without having to pass the domain name in the URL. It requires you to forward your domains from your registrar using frames to a single URL. If your registrar does not provide framed forwarding (sometimes referred to as masking or stealth), you will not be able to use this redirection method.

searchportal.information.com/?o_id=####&domainname=referer_detect

Note: Our system relies on referrer data to track the domain name. When our system is unable to determine the domain name for a traffic source, it serves up a default information.com or a generic un-optimized landing page. You can use this single code for all your domains only if your registrar allows bulk redirection using frames (masking).

4. Forwarding Using HTML

If your registrar does not support any of the above three methods, insert our code in your "index.html" file for each domain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have a couple usa health insurance names with us traffic that got 0 for one click and 2 cents for the other click, these usually pay out .75-1.25 a click, yahoo has a ton of adds for these keywords so i wonder if its a glitch in the system that needs to be ironed out.Also ppc may update higher tommorow, aslo low ctr today when normally i get at least 50 percent

•••
So to setup this "Alternate Traffic Destination" at the "Account Level", thats what I need to do? So if I want to use DomainSponsor as the 'Alternate Traffic Destination' then what will the code be at the account level for 'all domains'?
Basically you have to two choices- send all the traffic Yahoo doesn't like to just one domain ("Account Level"), or choose a different destination for each domain, (you can set this up in the portfolio manager).

The second option is best, because you won't be directing traffic to somewhere unrelated, (e.g. sending your fishing tackle traffic to a credit card domain).

•••
Choosing a different destination for 'each domain' will be a lot of work if one has 1000s of domains? right?

So I guess there is no easy solution except just change the NameServers of domains with international traffic to DomainSponsor or Fabulous (who use google feed for international traffic)?

•••
rickkumar said:
Choosing a different destination for 'each domain' will be a lot of work if one has 1000s of domains? right?
Right.

rickkumar said:
So I guess there is no easy solution except just change the NameServers of domains with international traffic to DomainSponsor or Fabulous (who use google feed for international traffic)?
You're right again.

•••
•••
Too many questions and I'm sure I will miss a few, so don't be offended.

You can set the ATD on either a domain level or on an account level. Again to explain it, if you have it set to Primary only, this means that if you have traffic that Yahoo will accept, we will send it there, if not then we will redirect it for you. If you leave everything alone our new secondary system kicks in.

I guess I kind of summed it all up in just a few sentences.

Donny

•••
i'm curious to know the 50 countries that yahoo accepts traffic from. If anyone has any links to those type of stats/lists, i would appreciate it.

•••
There are the 50 I know of. They are always adding new ones.

American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cook Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Great Britain, Guam, Guinea (gw), Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, North America (United States & Canada), Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Too many questions and I'm sure I will miss a few, so don't be offended.

You can set the ATD on either a domain level or on an account level. Again to explain it, if you have it set to Primary only, this means that if you have traffic that Yahoo will accept, we will send it there, if not then we will redirect it for you. If you leave everything alone our new secondary system kicks in.

I guess I kind of summed it all up in just a few sentences.

Donny

Donny, its simple to you as you know your system well :)

Now, Under my account settings:

1. I see two choices for ATD:

- Use Primary and Alternate
- Use Primary only

I have not setup ATD yet, and (Use Primary and Alternate) is selected by default. Is that correct?

2. Explain:

-How do I setup the ATD at account level?
-What do I enter in the field provided so that traffic from each domain goes to the exact-same-domain at (lets say) DomainSponsor? Note: All domains are already in the DS system btw.
- Then what do we need to select (Use Primary and Alternate OR Use Primary only) so that I send only that traffic to DS pages that yahoo does not accept?

PS: I just wish your system had provided simple/clear instructions to do it. You know real domainers don't understand coding :hehe:

Thank You.

•••
Rickkumar - So far we have had about 100 people make the change and you are the only one who has asked so far. Maybe everybody is a programmer, wouldn't that be scary. :)

Login to your account, and go to https://secure.parked.com/account/myaccount/. In the ATD (BTW I hate the name) box put in the full URL that you want to redirect your domains to. Choose the Primary Only. Hit Save. You are done.

Now all of your non-Primary provider traffic will go to your choice.

How's that?

Donny

•••
I hate damn bots :(

It usually hit one domain, but, 2 domains got hit today!

One domain got 64 clicks from 3 visitors.
Another got 40 clicks from 3 visitors.

•••
Copper - Technically those should have been removed because we did determine it was a bot on our end. I'll shoot something to our stats guy to see why he is still showing those.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Copper - Technically those should have been removed because we did determine it was a bot on our end. I'll shoot something to our stats guy to see why he is still showing those.

Donny

I've also got bot traffic. One domain has a 3,300.00% CTR, and another has 1,650.00%.

•••
OK, I tried every thing and nothing worked so far.

I will just change the name servers back to DoaminSponsor until I figure it out.

Thanks.

•••
Donny said:
There are the 50 I know of. They are always adding new ones.

American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cook Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Great Britain, Guam, Guinea (gw), Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, North America (United States & Canada), Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa.

Donny
This is an amazing list especially due to the fact that countries like Argentina, Uruguai, Chile, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, India, Israel, Turkey, Hungary, Chech Republic amongst other big countries are not included.

Yet they include tiny countries or islands like British Indian Ocean Territory, Cook Islands, Falkland Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Guinea (gw) Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Kiribati, Lichtenstein, Montserrat, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau,

This surely is a joke!. It's a great list to come out on April fools day!

Yahoo definately needs to be bought out by another company!

GIL :)

•••
Just curious.... for the people who are keeping park as the primary and selecting DomainSponsor as the secondary are you using

http://searchportal.information.com/?o_id=#####&domainname={DOMAIN}
(so parked will replace {DOMAIN} with the domain name so DomainSponsor will pick it up?

or

http://searchportal.information.com/?o_id=#####&domainname=referer_detect

Has anyone tested either one of these to see if it works?

Thanks

•••
Gil - There may be more, but that's what I have. I've actually always told people there were only 20 countries that Yahoo supported. Let me give you some numbers that are interesting, on February 1, 2008, Yahoo was 50% of our clicks, Ask was the other 50%. Yahoo generated 82% of the revenue, while Ask was only 18%. Was Ask just not paying us well or did those other countries just not have much as far as PPC. The only country from my perspective that is important on the list you posted is India. None of the other ones were generating more than 1% a day. Don't get me wrong, they are all important, just not as important.

Rick - I fixed your problem, just need to look at the directions. :)

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back