IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone received a total of $0.01 for 2 clicks? I saw this in my 27th stats and I thought it's funny.

•••
Ok,

I can respect that,

I will ask this then as it does not pertain to any other parking companies.. is Parked at this time wanting to or looking to finding other providers that do allow arbitrage?.

Not that I am really interested in doing arb myself, just wanting to know what the focus is for Parked.

Maybe this has been stated, so overlook if so.

Last edited:
•••
We are not actively looking for PPC companies that allow arbitrage. The few PPC companies that do allow arbitrage at this point are very small and their RPC is very low. So in my opinion a business model should not be made on 3rd tier or 4th tier ppc arbitrage.

Donny

•••
Hi Donny

okay

Last edited:
•••
Phio,
I don't like discussing any termination in a public forum, just send me a PM me with your username and I'll take a look in a few hours.

Donny

•••
Thanks Donney,

very good reasons you state, its better in the long run not to allow it, especially if only small players are the providers, Imo.

Rod

•••
just got my highest clicks at parked. 3.00/click. Very nice. :sold:

•••
mrizos said:

For what Mrizos? ;)

•••
mrizos said:

My highest clicks at parked is around $18.00 per

SDX said:
For what Mrizos? ;)

Yeah, for what Mrizos? :)

•••
I'm only a newbie here. What I don't know so far is, what seems so *cough* naughty *cough* with arbitrage? You see, logically, you drive huge traffic to your parked domains by bidding a set of relevant keywords, visitors click ad, then everybody should be happy. Or they're not?

•••
Flogging a dead horse there. Arbitrage is dead at parked...move on

•••
Huge Problem:

Many domains with non-USA traffic are making 1 cent per click today? Looks like the problem is related to loss of ask.com feed?

Do we need to move these domains out of parked and back to domainsponsor/fabulous etc?

Please respond ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
I made $4 dollars in 15 days with my type ins!

•••
rickkumar said:
Huge Problem:

Many domains with non-USA traffic are making 1 cent per click today? Looks like the problem is related to loss of ask.com feed?

Do we need to move these domains out of parked and back to domainsponsor/fabulous etc?

Please respond ASAP.

I am having the same problem, and still waiting for the real rev after tomorrow

We can't accept 0.01 per click

•••
I am not seeing .01 clicks on foreign.

I actually was expecting .01 clicks today for adult domains that were using the Ask feed but now use Yahoo, or whoever, but so far the clicks are in the .05 to .15 range still today.

I just checked one generic Adult domain that is also Foreign that gets about 70 uniques a day and it is doing .14 cents a click today, so far.

I guess tomorrow may be more telling when the adjustments come in.

Last edited:
•••
I see all financial/credit non-USA traffic drop to 1 cent clicks today starting March 1st. Will move those domains back to DS if parked does not respond fast.

I can not believe we were not warned by parked about it so we could have taken some action to move those domains back before this sudden drop :td:

Very Bad!!!

Q: I want to limit the damage quickly and move some domains over to DS/Fabulous. Is there a way for me to run traffic stats by countries the traffic came from? That way I can make a list of non-USA traffic domains that I need to move. It will be a very time consuming otherwise due to large number of domains. Main country I see affected is India but some other countries are also in the same boat.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was not allowed to make an announcement to our customers about the Ask issue, but it wasn't hard to figure out since everybody was posting that Ask was losing their Google feed. An announcement was supposed to go out yesterday, but I guess it wasn't sent out and now I can't find the official version right now so I'll have to find it later and post it inside the dashboard and on here.

Basically we had two feeds, Yahoo which accepts traffic from 50 countries. And Ask, which was some of Ask's own PPC system and it was backfilled by Google. They were our secondary feed/traffic Yahoo didn't want. In January, Ask renewed their contract with Google which was even mentioned here, but later I found out that the new contract no longer allowed sub-syndication (parking) of the feed. We were told Ask had a plan and we had nothing to worry about, but nothing happened. We were working with a few Google providers directly, but that all fell through as well since Google kept putting up more roadblock for all parking companies. This affects everybody who had an Ask feed.

In our case we have implemented a solution that currently includes 12 different PPC providers with the hope of having that number to around 20 in the next week. We will also include some CPA companies as well for what is called "run of network" traffic or no results traffic. It's not a perfect solution, but overtime it will continue to improve.

As always if you do not want to send traffic to our secondary provider(s), you can set the Alternative Traffic Destination in the Account Information section, it is patented technology we created almost two years ago when at the time we had no international solution at all. Make sure you use the Primary Only option and that will redirect any domain that is not going to Yahoo. So if you have a hit from the US, it would go to our primary and if you get a hit from Indonesia, it would be redirected to your choice of locations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Donny

•••
Thanks for that update Donny. Though I am no kind of expert in this area, I am trying. Anyway, I think some of what I am learning helps me to understand some of the influences on my numbers.

•••
Donny said:
In our case we have implemented a solution that currently includes 12 different PPC providers with the hope of having that number to around 20 in the next week. We will also include some CPA companies as well for what is called "run of network" traffic or no results traffic. It's not a perfect solution, but overtime it will continue to improve.

Q1: So any/All traffic that yahoo is not picking up is going to one of these 12 ppc providers as determined by your system "automatically"? Do we need to do something to set it up? You don't mean 12 ppc companies, do you?

Donny said:
As always if you do not want to send traffic to our secondary provider(s), you can set the Alternative Traffic Destination in the Account Information section, it is patented technology we created almost two years ago when at the time we had no international solution at all. Make sure you use the Primary Only option and that will redirect any domain that is not going to Yahoo. So if you have a hit from the US, it would go to our primary and if you get a hit from Indonesia, it would be redirected to your choice of locations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Donny

Ok, I think I am not understanding it at all.

Q2: OK I see that I can set this option for the entire account under account settings. Here is what it says:

-------------------------------------------------------------
We want to make sure that you make as much money as possible from your traffic. Sometimes we cannot monetize some of your traffic due to its country of origin, trademark concerns, or other legal issues. As a result, we have processes in place so that immediately upon determining that we cannot monetize some of your traffic we redirect that specific traffic to whatever URL you provide. Please provide a redirect location below for all your domains:
-------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure what do I enter in this field. How do I make my traffic for each domain go to other ppc companies such as DS/Fabulous etc using this feature? Where do I get the redirection code etc. Will a visitor from ww.Domain-A.com then go to ww.Domain-A.com at the other parking company i.e. traffic goes to the same domain lander at other ppc company? Simplified step-by-step help is very much appreciated....I really have no clue :)

Want to do something quickly as I see a significant drop in clicks and revenue today.

Thank you for your time and help.

Last edited:
•••
March 1st is my worst day on Parked so far( and I've never done arbitrage..).....revenue seems 40% down from everage, with some good financial Indian/Chinese domains down 80-90% to almost nothing... Domains that made $0.25 per click seem now to be $0.03 - this hurts badly, more so when I bought some of those based on traffic/revenue..
I did not understand if there is anything I could do to remedy the situation within the Parked system, or just move them to another company?

•••
I have been getting some $0.02 clicks lately...

•••
March 1st was horrible....... however, I don't see the click collapse in foreign like you guys.

In my case, March 1st was bad b/c of low CTR, not necessarily low RPC. CTR has been falling and I can't put my finger on the reason, besides the obvious - the economy. But still, why would folks search and not click. You would think they would search less and click less, but alas, they are only clicking less. The traffic is still there.

RPC has dropped some for me too ; I'm down about 10% accross the board, which sounds small, but when you have a lot of domains like I do, fluctuations should be smaller.

Also interesting, once again, I went from a TQ9 to a TQ10 and my revenue drops ! It has happened like this every time.

This summer could be scary for all domainers in precarious positions. Ya' know, a well-financed domainer could make some good investments this coming summer if the economy tanks and Yahoo/Google squeeze domainers nads some more . Lower summer earnings combined with a recession and we have a prime, ripe market for desperate domainers selling their prized assets.

Last edited:
•••
I have been getting $0.00 click :L what that mean also another $0.01 clicks

•••
Arabian said:
I have been getting $0.00 click :L what that mean also another $0.01 clicks

I am getting some 0 s clicks as well...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back