NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
netmeg said:
Migraine is practically my middle name. It should be Megraine.

Megraine thats very funny
:) and some day we'll watch for the Meg Reign

•••
This is all strange indeed...:(

•••
biohammer said:
Megraine thats very funny
:) and some day we'll watch for the Meg Reign

We already have that. It's my Reign of Terror. That's why I picked the avatar I did.

•••
Xio1 said:
Does anyone have an "Attorney or Lawyer" site parked with Parked? How well do they do for you here?

Thanks,

Ed
I have one called modernlegal.com. But, it is getting ZERO traffic; how can I cure that?

•••
netmeg said:
We already have that. It's my Reign of Terror. That's why I picked the avatar I did.

Even without that, IMHO you are the perfect candidate to send for a meeting with Yahoo: as an unofficial rep of the domainers who are trying to decide if parking can ever again be more than a headache :)

•••
They'd never let me in the door. I have too many ties to Google.

•••
It doesn't look like they've shut the door tight enough in terms of being influenced by Google...

•••
They will try and hire you .... looks to me with the recommended inclusion of content on our parked pages for relevance that parking is starting to morph

•••
netmeg said:
They'd never let me in the door. I have too many ties to Google.

too many ties to Google and u park with a Yahoo feed?...:) :?

•••
biohammer said:
They will try and hire you .... looks to me with the recommended inclusion of content on our parked pages for relevance that parking is starting to morph

Google already tried. AdWords is about a mile from my house now. If it weren't for the trees, I could see it from here.

I'm not looking to go to work for anyone but myself.

(and I don't park *only* with a Yahoo feed)

But back to Parked stuff.

•••
Google's Quality Score Failures

Here's an item I came across that might be interesting for anyone doing or thinking about doing click arbitrage using Google to drive traffic to their Parked page -- it jumped out at me because it includes a screenshot of a Parked.com page as an example:

http://www.straightupsearch.com/archives/2008/01/googles_quality.html

:)

Last edited:
•••
zenon said:
Here's an item I came across that might be interesting for anyone doing or thinking about doing click arbitrage using Google to drive traffic to their Parked page -- it jumped out at me because it includes a screenshot of a Parked.com page as an example:

http://www.straightupsearch.com/archives/2008/01/googles_quality.html

:)

Nothing new there. He's just highlighting that what Google says & what Google does are 2 different things. IMO too much money to be lost by Google if they went all out & canned arbitrage, hence the "blind eye".

•••
anyone having problems getting logged into parked? I keep timing out

•••
justparked said:
anyone having problems getting logged into parked? I keep timing out

No problem here (other than the usual ones :).

•••
hey this is neat, my TQ went from 10 to 2 overnight???

•••
VirtualT said:
hey this is neat, my TQ went from 10 to 2 overnight???

Mine disappeared entirely at some point during the day!

•••
justparked - That's pretty sweet.

biohammer - I liked your Motorhead idea.

Donny

•••
TQS Changes

Today, mine went from "9" to "-1" to "No Score".

I guess I'll be starting from scratch again!

•••
The TQ scores should be updated correctly tomorrow. We have been used to only looking at them ourselves and we had a little bug where in some cases people who had purchased a domain from somebody else who had the domain with us or they registered a domain from a customer who had parked it in the past. So Joe and VirtualT you should be back to where you were.

Now some people may be lower than they were before because of this change and technically some could be higher.

Hopefully next week we will have the full history of the TQ scores using our new graphing system we have been working on. We will also have some details on how the TQ scores are calculated.

Other news, .mobi is now available on Parked.com. Everybody run! :)

Donny

•••
TQS Information

Donny said:
The TQ scores should be updated correctly tomorrow. We have been used to only looking at them ourselves and we had a little bug where in some cases people who had purchased a domain from somebody else who had the domain with us or they registered a domain from a customer who had parked it in the past. So Joe and VirtualT you should be back to where you were.

Now some people may be lower than they were before because of this change and technically some could be higher.

Hopefully next week we will have the full history of the TQ scores using our new graphing system we have been working on. We will also have some details on how the TQ scores are calculated.

Other news, .mobi is now available on Parked.com. Everybody run! :)

Donny
Donny,

That's great news on the TQS!! Thanks for clarifying all that. We look forward with great anticipation to the graphs and explanation on how TQS is calculated. Where will find the explanation when it is available?

•••
Donny: How was the meeting with Yahoo? What's the news, changes, etc.?
Did they survive your parked attack? ;)

M.

•••
Anchor Tags in Custom Content

Question about adding custom content: How does one enter an "Anchor Tag" into the text? For example:
<A name="ThisLocation">Arrive Here</A>

NEVER MIND - found it - set "Id" in "Table Cell Properties" / "Advanced".

Last edited:
•••
Mike,
The meeting went very well. It seems for most people the revenue already was a little less crazy today. Or at least on the 20 people I looked at who have seen their numbers go all over the place. So hopefully things will be a little less crazy from now on.

We still have some things to work out, but it's getting better.

Donny

•••
Other news, .mobi is now available on Parked.com. Everybody run!
Donny,
Does this happen automatically or will we need to manually do something?

•••
texasgamer said:
Donny,
Does this happen automatically or will we need to manually do something?

You shouldn't have to do anything on your end, it's done automatically.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back