NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bilink said:
Hello,
I am new here, I have few domains parked at parked.com
Today I see some serious clicks on one of my domain, 9 visitors and 531 clicks. Something wrong with Park?

They mentioned this earlier in the thread. Apparently some bot is going nuts with clicking. Those clicks will be resolved properly I would imagine before final stats are in.

•••
Spade said:
They mentioned this earlier in the thread. Apparently some bot is going nuts with clicking. Those clicks will be resolved properly I would imagine before final stats are in.

Unfortunately you are right :td:

•••
bilink said:
Hello,
Today I see some serious clicks on one of my domain, 9 visitors and 531 clicks. Something wrong with Park?

yeah I got hit today as well, 2,122.22% CTR on 1 domain

•••
•••
http://www.justparked.info

I did this with my XML feed from my parked account. Does anyone think showing stats the way I have them would increase sales of domains? Would you be more likely to buy a domain with live updating traffic etc you could see or one where someone says this domain has made 86 bucks this week? Thanks for any opinions and comments

•••
I like your idea justparked. Nice way to show people what's going on with your account.

Last edited:
•••
Looks Like stats may be frozen last update over 20 minutes ago.

I my name is justparked and I have a checking stats problem. I have had this problem since I joined parked.com

I wouldnt worry about reporting it now donny has addressed it and clicks are being taken away so my guess is no big worry they wont suspect you of fraud

•••
bilink said:
Hello,

It's a bot.

•••
yeah cool to look at those bot stats until they disappear from your account. I had 1 visit and 151 clicks the other day and It was showing $386 if I rememebr right it was a high PPC domain (over 2 bucks a click) then poof it was gone

•••
do u guys always add titles...meta description and keywords to all your parked sites?...just curious.....i do it to all my sites...but am wondering if it's as needed as i think it is.....any thoughts?

•••
justparked said:
Wonder when donny will give us his report?

Can I get some imput from you guys. Check this site out

http://www.justparked.info

I have set my rss/xml feed to run in this website and update as it updates at parked showing my stats to visitors of the website. I am wondering if this will help with sales of domains if people see the traffic and revenue for the last 7 days? Any thoughts would be appreciated

If its natural traffic yes

If its arbritrage traffic that's getting the clicks

I'd highly suggest not selling the domain based on that traffic

OHHHHHHH

On a similar note

I just sold my FIRST domain the other day that was parked with this program

It was to a developer of a domain.

$500

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA :sold:

•••
domainpark said:
OHHHHHHH

On a similar note

I just sold my FIRST domain the other day that was parked with this program

It was to a developer of a domain.

$500

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA :sold:

NICE!!!

An extra $500 to buy more names!!! :hehe:

•••
•••
tonyfloyd said:
Good Job!!
TY TY TY

The domain had like no traffic, like 20 visitors total to it and 0 clicks. LOL

I'll take those all day long!!!!

•••
domainpark said:
TY TY TY

u kidding me?...nice man!!...was it at least a decent name?

•••
domainpark said:
TY TY TY

Did you use the 'Domain For Sale' option? Is that how they contacted you?

•••
tonyfloyd said:
u kidding me?...nice man!!...was it at least a decent name?

Nope no kiddin.

The developer was the last visitor to it.

The name I actual got as one I hoped as a resale on the open market

NAME:

800remodel.com

Hey my wife has

a 800 wedding one anyone want it I am holding for like 2k on it :hehe:

NPKJB said:
Did you use the 'Domain For Sale' option? Is that how they contacted you?

Honest

I do not know if that one had that option.

Potential whois lookup

•••
tonyfloyd said:
do u guys always add titles...meta description and keywords to all your parked sites?...just curious.....i do it to all my sites...but am wondering if it's as needed as i think it is.....any thoughts?

If you want to have even a glimmer of a chance of showing up in a search engine, you need the title and meta description. You might not show up if you add them, but you definitely won't show up if you don't.

Nobody uses the meta keywords tag anymore, so you don't really need to bother with that one.

•••
netmeg said:
If you want to have even a glimmer of a chance of showing up in a search engine, you need the title and meta description. You might not show up if you add them, but you definitely won't show up if you don't.

Nobody uses the meta keywords tag anymore, so you don't really need to bother with that one.

thanks netmeg...that's what i figured....like i said..i do add info to all 3 fields......and i still don't show up in the SE's for some names...:(........another question......on the main keyword....at top of edit page.....do u normally type in a most generic keyword?...name of url?...if keyword friendly....etc??

•••
For the main keyword, I type in the main keyword for the page is about. So if it's about migraine headaches, I type in migraine.

•••
Im getting a migraine what was that site lol .My TQ score of 10 now says "no score" hmmn I don't get it ... im gotta go relax and listen to some MotorHead

•••
Xio1 said:
My dashboard is not showing anything for today the 17th? Is the site down?

Thanks
I cannot get in either; looks like it started having problems a few minutes ago.

•••
biohammer said:
Im getting a migraine what was that site lol .My TQ score of 10 now says "no score" hmmn I don't get it ... im gotta go relax and listen to some MotorHead

Migraine is practically my middle name. It should be Megraine.

Yea, I can't get in either. Maybe they're rebooting something.

•••
panterrasbox said:
I cannot get in either; looks like it started having problems a few minutes ago.

Both parked.com and the parked pages seem to be loading fine right now.

Yesterday's revenue was a disaster though.

And it still says "Current Score: No Score" on the main page.

•••
Donny said:
One of the other issues that came up during this is that Yahoo did turn on a new feature that used the TQ scores a little differently, where people with higher TQ scores would be paid more than they were before. So this is good for people with higher TQ scores. Our estimates should start taking this into account over the next week or so.

Donny

I've got a TQ of 10 but am getting lower or same RPC on many domains then when I had a TQ of 3. Strange.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back