IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had over 5$ in clicks get swiped after the "adjustment" period...

•••
Donny said:
...And over the next week or so you will see some of the new graphing features we will be working on as well where you can see a historical TQ score view.

Historical TQ charts would a great feature Donny, more power to whoever the parked.com CTO/CIO is :)

And thank you for the .mobi compliance thing; didn't even realize you're working on it.

You've exceeded expectations on many important fronts, so would it be too much to hope you may even be able to make the great Yahoo communicate more with their ultimate parking clients downstream?

There are a few things in addition to the strange recent fluctuations that Yahoo may wish to consider.

One example: unless everyone is expected to be getting 100% of their traffic via PPC arbitrage, does it really make sense to base everything on an account-wide traffic Quality Score?

Surely they must understand that the only people who can control the likelihood of conversion of their parking traffic are the pure arbitrageurs.

Ideally, all parking traffic Quality Scores should be on an individual domain basis.

If any sensible person knew that any one high-click low-conversion domain is responsible for lowering their total Quality Score to an extent greater than the average revenue derived from it, surely they would immediately remove it from Yahoo's parking program themselves.

Thus everyone would win, including Yahoo and their advertisers.

Of course in practice there will be domains not used by a single advertiser that takes part in Yahoo's conversion tracking program.

But such domains can be given the average Quality Score of the account they belong to, which should only be needed for that purpose (and as a secondary point IMHO that should be a revenue-weighted average, not click based).

All this is based on the assumption that per-domain conversion data must exist at some stage, probably before even the real number crunching is done.

Failing that, IMHO clients above a certain threshold should be given the option to find out which domains are the biggest influences on their account-wide Quality Score - so that they can at lest do manual testing with and without the name over different Quality Score periods.

Yahoo’s parking products of course are theirs to set up in any way they wish, but IMO this is far from a zero sum game and everyone stands to win significantly if information that’s already in existence is exchanged more efficiently (ideally automatically) between the upstream and the downstream.

There may well be good reasons why what I’m suggesting is not practicable at this stage.

As long as I know that they’ve considered these options at some point, I don’t really need to know Yahoo’s reasons for rejecting them. I’m sure they are run by sensible business people.

Have a productive meeting.
%%-

•••
brian789 said:
I tried using the html but it still won't work. the page just shows code. thanks for the help
you have to do it in 2 steps
1. open CJ page with the html code. Copy the IMG SRC Web Address. Then on the Parked page (under custom conntent) go to insert image and enter web address.
2. You need to go back to the CJ html and copy the a h ref web address and go to parked and hyperlink the pic you just put in.

Hope that explains it .

•••
Web Trader said:
Just found an affiliate commission from an ad I placed in the custom content section for a domain less than 24 hours ago. :sold:
Plz list one of your parked domains with CJ links....I would like to see :)

•••
Been seeing an unusual amount of views wondering if its bots or search engines picking up my names.

Really hope my names get indexed and I start seeing more names performing. Had my best pay period but only a basket of names getting clicks daily.

Keep fingers crossed want my mesothelioma terms and financial, forex names to start performing. I don't get it and why they can't get hits. I did the tittles, tags, changing keywords around and still no clicks

One of my poker names finally got clicks! Happy on that.

Have one name that continues to generate traffic but low rpc. 10 to 14 cents. Afraid to change keyword and experiment and try to find a higher paying keyword. Its a .tv name.

Then a loan domain name that's general to change to , payday advance.

Hope this pay period does well. I just need more domains optimized better and names working. Frustrating week I guess.

•••
Keep fingers crossed want my mesothelioma terms and financial, forex names to start performing. I don't get it and why they can't get hits. I did the tittles, tags, changing keywords around and still no clicks

Those are both very very competitive niches, with a lot of people running arbitrage to drive traffic. It's never going to be easy to get type in or even organic search traffic there, I think.

•••
Past couple days my numbers have been whacked. Yesterday 3X clicks (and click through rate) at 3X revenue per click. I'm guessing it is bots. It will be interesting to see how it comes out in the wash. I'm hoping for an early adjustment because the longer I look at the number the more I like it!

Today's numbers are similarly whacked out. How long does this bot activity usually last? I like to check in on performance throughout the day as a little pick-me-up but this fluctuation business is making me crazy. Of course if it's real money that I get next month then I'll adjust!

Usually, my actual adjustments are within a few dollars (sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes so close it can hardly be called an adjustment) and my revenue per click and click through rates have been fairly consistent.

•••
Parked is down? And domains as well?

•••
last 3 days was not that good in rev and clicks, names gets traffic and clicks now i see traffic and lil clicks the worst is 5c a click, i dont know what is going on this week with parked , i hop things will get back to the normal...

Tv

•••
John Doe said:
Parked is down? And domains as well?

No, both loading nice and fast.

•••
Mobi Cheap said:
No, both loading nice and fast.
Ok, it`s good. I just can`t access Parked today for some reason, seems to be specific problem, will contact support. Thanks.

•••
Donny,can you specify which domain effect TQ Score?

It would help us to remove certain domains with low quality that may cause lower TQ scores....

Sorry for my weak English :)

•••
My rev has been decent for the amount of traffic I am sending. I started a few more arb campaigns today but I have also closed up every day just about and if not it has been only a matter of a couple bucks

•••
justparked said:
My rev has been decent for the amount of traffic I am sending. I started a few more arb campaigns today but I have also closed up every day just about and if not it has been only a matter of a couple bucks

I'd be happy just to see a better RPC. Don't have enough traffic to my .ca
domains and lots of RPC below 0.10. Arbitarge is out of the question!

•••
packrat said:
I'd be happy just to see a better RPC. Don't have enough traffic to my .ca![/QUOTE

reg domains that are higher paying keywords so you can do arbitrage

•••
I hope Parked is considering an upgrade to their estimate software.It's become fairly useless and inaccurate for any sort of projections.

•••
biohammer said:
I hope Parked is considering an upgrade to their estimate software.It's become fairly useless and inaccurate for any sort of projections.

I think the disparities are more on the Yahoo/Ask side than on the Parked side, but yea, it is hard to do any kind of predicting these days.

•••
Me too on the hundreds of hits. Wondering whats happening.

•••
Yup; yesterday just got adjusted down almost 50%. I'm out.

•••
CJ links

I love the sound of the cj aff links - but I've yet to see one -
If yo have a parked page with a CJ link please post it I'd love to see it and I promise I wont click!

•••
netmeg said:

Yesterday was also miserable for me. That's 6 days in a row for me, heading south!. 7 is supposed to be a lucky number so tomorrow I should go up (I hope). I believe that better days will come.

GIL :)

•••
netmeg said:

Was it bot traffic? My $50 in bot traffic got nixed as I expected.

•••
I just checked domain younggirls.info after optimizing it, and found meanwhile.com in the URL address bar of the browser as (meanwhile.com/?domain=younggirls.info).

Anyone knows why do I see meanwhile.com instead of younggirls.info?

Just curious if I need to advise parked about it or not?

Thanks.

•••
Marketing.Magnet said:
I love the sound of the cj aff links - but I've yet to see one -
If yo have a parked page with a CJ link please post it I'd love to see it and I promise I wont click!

I put an Apple banner ad on iNewton.com web site.

•••
mrizos said:
Was it bot traffic? My $50 in bot traffic got nixed as I expected.

No; it's an issue of fallen RPC.

rickkumar said:
I just checked domain younggirls.info after optimizing it, and found meanwhile.com in the URL address bar of the browser as (meanwhile.com/?domain=younggirls.info).

Anyone knows why do I see meanwhile.com instead of younggirls.info?

Just curious if I need to advise parked about it or not?

Thanks.

It's possible it was identified as an adult domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back