Domain Empire

Parked.com - 1 visitor nearly paid for my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last week while doing a bit of research, I found an available .com with over 2,000 OVT w/o ext. I regged it and directed it to Parked. It immediately was getting 6 - 8 type ins a day and a click or 2 paying about $0.04 - $0.12 each. Then today I checked and the name had only one visitor but that visitor clicked 12 links. The payout? Over $5. :xf.love: Just thought I'd pass that along.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was the visitor named "Tom"? ;)

Sounds like a very good get. Good luck with the name.

•••
Name-Maker said:
Was the visitor named "Tom"? ;)

Sounds like a very good get. Good luck with the name.

Hehe...no. I like to keep my ppc relationships. I just wish some other (more well known) ppc companies would count multiple clicks. I didn't know Parked did that but now I'm thinking about moving more of my traffic names there. Overall the payout seems a little lower than other parking companies but if they'll give me a dozen clicks from one visitor, who cares?

•••
Great idea, i'll be thinking of parking it there for a while :)

•••
Sedo doesn't count multiple clicks!? What about Namedrive or Fabulous? I didn't know that! :td:

•••
trafficclub counts multiple clicks . . .

•••
just so ya know parked adjusts income to actual value just like namedrive does so it is possible to see click amounts drop or a few clicks to vanish if not approved, overall I have done the best income wise with parked, I haven't used sedo since since their upgrade or namedrive since the new templates so I can't judge parked against a current sedo or namedrive, I will move everything back to sedo and namedrive for a test and see if the new changes make a difference, also got a traffic club account that hasn't been used yet so maybe I'll test them too, overall though I have been happy with parked.com over the last 2 months, parked doesn't like gambling, tobacco, or anything close to a trademark issue domains however, biggest advantage to parked is you can throw your email address or a link to your site in as the contact us link and set your own title, meta tags, etc...

Last edited:
•••
Jay said:
parked doesn't like gambling, tobacco, or anything close to a trademark issue domains

That's true. But I like how you can specify an alternate URL to send them too. All my "sensitive" domains have their traffic rerouted by Parked to DomainSponsor.

•••
Phronesis said:
Last week while doing a bit of research, I found an available .com with over 2,000 OVT w/o ext. I regged it and directed it to Parked. It immediately was getting 6 - 8 type ins a day and a click or 2 paying about $0.04 - $0.12 each. Then today I checked and the name had only one visitor but that visitor clicked 12 links. The payout? Over $5. :xf.love: Just thought I'd pass that along.

Well, that's nice catch! Good for you.

•••
You got lucky. Don't count on it for the future.

•••
briman1970 said:
Sedo doesn't count multiple clicks!? What about Namedrive or Fabulous? I didn't know that! :td:

Fabulous does count multiple clicks; you will receive earnings for all clicks your domains generate. However, we only report/record unique clicks in the stats.

Please let me know if there are any further questions or concerns about our program.

Cheers,

Mike

•••
ablaye said:
That's encouraging. :p

•••
ablaye said:

been using them for about 2 months now and see multiple clicks counted every week, parked has worked great for me for the last 2 months, time will tell if the revenue stays up and multiple clicks are counted.

•••
That's a nice little surprise. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but they do have the best/cleanest looking parked pages IMO.

•••
ablaye said:
negative nancy
One who commonly walks into a room, puts his/her hands on their hips and looks up at the ceiling with a deep sigh.

•••
•••
psx23.com said:
Is parked.com better then Sedo?

If your main goal is selling your domains and parking income is not your main concern you should park all of your domains at sedo, reason for this is that there are millions of domains listed for sale at sedo and if your domains are not parked there they get lost in the crowd unless premium, parking them at sedo will help pull your domains out of that crowd as your domain traffic will be viewable to a possible buyer and a lot of buyers search looking for high traffic domains, if your main goal is to make the most per click and you are in no hurry to make a sale I think you are best to test your domains at sedo, parked, namedrive etc... for a month and then leave each domain spread out wherever they perform the best to maximize your revenue as usually one parking company does not provide the best revenue for all categories of domains, I'm in no hurry to sell so I list my domains at sedo,afternic,etc... but I use others for parking, parked.com is working good for me but it depends on your goals, looking for a quicker possible sale I think parking at sedo helps as that is their biggest advantage over other parking companies "public viewable traffic stats", looking for maximum revenue test them everywhere and see where they do best.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back