Dynadot

new gtlds .PAGE now thats a tld

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i think this is the best tld ever created, is just sounds cool,

maybe it was created because people named page are so darn good looking and smart, and well respected.

but maybe im biased.

i can see the names now..

ilike.page
letswatch.page
iowe.page
cantweallbeasgoodlookingas.page

and many more

ph

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just saw a video by VICE on YouTube....

And I thought I know this guy....and recalled this thread....then realized both video and thread featured same @Page Howe :)

Nice one...

•••
•••
Yes Ellen.Page seems into the name, or her PR people at least. I am quite frankly surprised how fast a number of organizations have sites up and running. They have a dozen or so listed at https://get.page/ and it appears from NameStats that somehow 3 are already into Alexa 1M.

Now that prices are down to a bit over $100 it seems that the rate of names being taken is picking up, although still slow. Interestingly at NameStat they have a higher number (430) on their graph than on the summary at top (352). So I think that is telling us 78 sold on the most recent EAP day.

By the way, here is an article of famous people with last name page:
https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-whose-last-name-is-page/chris-abraham

Bob

•••
Still a few good ones left, like

free.page
check.page
download.page
goto.page

Etc

I don't think it was a vanity registration from Google (because of Larry), rather a commercial idea like Facebook pages or blogspot subdomains. Something to sell and offer to users.

•••
@MetBob It looks like it's similar to how Google released .APP. They already had people using the extension so that they could at least showcase a few on the get.ext. It looks like that ones that are already up were already sites like tv.page is already tvpage.com, front.page was https://frontpage.live.

I didn't even realise that https://get.app existed... so I didn't see that they already had Ellen Page signed up for Ellen.page... whoops. So probably old news.

It's not much use having the example websites up there when we can see from sites like ntldstats that the extension is doing really quite badly and the sites that are using them don't appear to have switched unless they had bad domains to begin with.

Last edited:
•••
If a guy registered a domain (e.g. Larry.Page) for sale and there is already a trademarked company name (e.g. Larry Page Company) that is originated from the founder's name (i.e. Larry Page), will he be sued by the company or the founder?

•••
If a guy registered a domain (e.g. Larry.Page) for sale and there is already a trademarked company name (e.g. Larry Page Company) that is originated from the founder's name (i.e. Larry Page), will he be sued by the company or the founder?
I don't think a TM can span the dot (yet). Unless the entire string itself was trademarked, kind of like O.com.

.PAGE is a secure space that requires HTTPS access to resolve
Ugh.

•••
•••
•••
Has anyone gotten any .pages (GA)?

•••
Only registered:

Meeting.Page

My pre-registration went through lol

•••
Regged one this morning and just found out it was unsuccessful... I guess someone paid more than the general availability...

•••
I registered a few for GA only one was unsuccessful.

•••
For those that did not notice, general availability in .page now open. As far as I can see the following are the least expensive places (ICANN fees in). Check for accuracy if the information is important to you. Note that TLD-list do NOT have correct price for Namecheap at least when I wrote this.
  • Porkbun $9.76
  • 101 $10.67
  • Name.com $10.99
  • Namecheap $11.06
  • Hexonet $12.80
  • Uniregistry $12.88

•••
I was pre-ordered 6 domains for .page tld but I successfully registered 5 domains.
Cryptocurrencies.page
Cryptocoins.page
Freeweb.page
Mytravel.page
Articles.page

•••
It's general availability and nearly all of the really good ones are available... but they're all stupidly expensive. It's a nice tld, but it's doing nothing like .app. I wonder why it's not getting as much love...?

As I've already said though, it's Google's fault for releasing it on the greedy business model.

I wonder if they'd be pleased if they had to pay $1000+ a year to keep Google.com and their other generics registered >:(

Last edited:
•••
I would register a few more and even develop them but not for the current yearly renewal fees

•••
I would register a few more and even develop them but not for the current yearly renewal fees

Just to clarify, do you mean premium name renewal rates, or do you find the regular renewal rates of about $10 to $14 (depending on registrar) too much?

•••
I registered 5 domauns :

epay.page
Affiliates.page
theblockchain.page
specialoffer.page
specialoffers.page

•••
•••
I hate this tld already... Every domain I checked that had a meaning, like on word, they are all over priced even if fdasfdsfdsa.page is $12.

•••
Did a quick search and 80% were available, but all of them with either $623 or $1248 reg/renewal fee.

Not happening. I managed to secure some decent .app names on standard renewals, but I have less faith in this one.

•••
In the first day of regular price availability yesterday it will appear that 3116 .page domain names were added. https://namestat.org/page (I took one of them :xf.wink:)

•••
Yeah, I'm skipping over this page.. the TLD is late to the party, and even though they brought cake they aren't sharing...

Best of Luck to all in this one.. couple crumbs Google left on the counter if anyone's interested (non-premi):

ripped / page --> makes sense
servant / page --> doesn't pair well, but the two words are closely related if you care to do the research

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back