Domain Empire

pacemakers.com - Don’t think selling a premium name is always easy :)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my own story-

I sold hatred.com for a huge profit quickly so I assumed selling premium names was going to be easy. I was wrong!

You find an under valued name- buy it and then flip it quickly for a huge profit every time. I am lucky that I have some cash to spend on decent names - nothing crazy but ok names.
I can only comment on 2 sales -

Birdsnest.com - I paid a pretty good amount for this name but figured it would be an easy flip - it turned into 6 months of negotiating with a company that knew what paid. Knowing what I paid kept her at a low price. I finally bailed and sold it after a 10k profit. I contacted every company and person I could find for that name and only had 2 potential buyers - the other had no clue in value and checked out at $500

Pacemakers.com - still not sold! This one is tough. I didn’t pay too much - I have turned down a few offer - high of 20k.
I have contacted the top pacemaker manufacturers- startups -medical travel companies- every company with the name pacemaker or pacemakers included- celebrities - shoe companies- if you can think it - I have probably contacted them

Selling a great name is not quick and it isn’t as easy as you think. Luckily I can hold it but just a word of caution- don’t spend what you can’t afford thinking you will flip quickly

If you give me a qualified lead that buys pacemakers.com I will gladly give you10% - you don’t need to do anything other than give me the lead

Patience is king in this business- I almost ruined myself because my first big sale was so quick!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a few really really good names (not as good as pacemaker) but, yes, its tough to sell. Whenever I've tried to pitch them I've explained how the traffic going to the name could be traffic that sees their product or service but right now could be going no where, or worse - to their competitor. Still doesnt seem to sway people... Its tough, I hear ya! :)

•••
I have a few really really good names (not as good as pacemaker) but, yes, its tough to sell. Whenever I've tried to pitch them I've explained how the traffic going to the name could be traffic that sees their product or service but right now could be going no where, or worse - to their competitor. Still doesnt seem to sway people... Its tough, I hear ya! :)
Keep trying!

•••
Pacemarkers at $20K+ is a pretty decent sale, it is not like someone has the option of getting, nor cares about a name brand, I have seen it listed here at namepros quite a lot. Hopefully you get your #, but if you have contacted everyone, why not take such an offer?

•••
Pacemarkers at $20K+ is a pretty decent sale, it is not like someone has the option of getting, nor cares about a name brand, I have seen it listed here at namepros quite a lot. Hopefully you get your #, but if you have contacted everyone, why not take such an offer?
Because I know what I want and I can hold it for years if needed. I dont have to sell the name to live :)

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back