IT.COM

pacemakers.com - Don’t think selling a premium name is always easy :)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my own story-

I sold hatred.com for a huge profit quickly so I assumed selling premium names was going to be easy. I was wrong!

You find an under valued name- buy it and then flip it quickly for a huge profit every time. I am lucky that I have some cash to spend on decent names - nothing crazy but ok names.
I can only comment on 2 sales -

Birdsnest.com - I paid a pretty good amount for this name but figured it would be an easy flip - it turned into 6 months of negotiating with a company that knew what paid. Knowing what I paid kept her at a low price. I finally bailed and sold it after a 10k profit. I contacted every company and person I could find for that name and only had 2 potential buyers - the other had no clue in value and checked out at $500

Pacemakers.com - still not sold! This one is tough. I didn’t pay too much - I have turned down a few offer - high of 20k.
I have contacted the top pacemaker manufacturers- startups -medical travel companies- every company with the name pacemaker or pacemakers included- celebrities - shoe companies- if you can think it - I have probably contacted them

Selling a great name is not quick and it isn’t as easy as you think. Luckily I can hold it but just a word of caution- don’t spend what you can’t afford thinking you will flip quickly

If you give me a qualified lead that buys pacemakers.com I will gladly give you10% - you don’t need to do anything other than give me the lead

Patience is king in this business- I almost ruined myself because my first big sale was so quick!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I remember your episode on DomainSherpa. You really got lucky on that one because Milo was flying high when he bought that name from you but now he's broke and like 4 million in debt...

•••
Every time I see how far he has fallen I thank my luck for the perfect timing of that sale.
He was super nice to me and I hit him up every once in a while

•••
If anyone has questions about how I am marketing I will be more than happy to help anyone. I dont pay for any marketing.

•••
Maybe you can try to sell it to pacemakerbuildings/com

•••
•••
I assume you tried the .io owners?

Thanks for being honest and sharing your story.

Last edited:
•••
LOL the main thing I've learnt from searching pacemakers is that if you have a modern one you're at risk of it being hacked, getting malware or needing to update its firmware like a phone. Think I'll cut down on the sugar and salt intake now!

Anyway I'm off topic sorry.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
if it was easy domain brokering wouldnt be a job

•••
•••
Thank you - tried all of them
That link has a report that came out today.....might have some leads in it

EDIT

it is a paid report so might not be worth it

Last edited:
•••
I assume you tried the .io owners?

Thanks for being honest and sharing your story.
Alessandro and he won’t answer me - lol

•••
Just my own story-

I sold hatred.com for a huge profit quickly so I assumed selling premium names was going to be easy. I was wrong!

You find an under valued name- buy it and then flip it quickly for a huge profit every time. I am lucky that I have some cash to spend on decent names - nothing crazy but ok names.
I can only comment on 2 sales -

Birdsnest.com - I paid a pretty good amount for this name but figured it would be an easy flip - it turned into 6 months of negotiating with a company that knew what paid. Knowing what I paid kept her at a low price. I finally bailed and sold it after a 10k profit. I contacted every company and person I could find for that name and only had 2 potential buyers - the other had no clue in value and checked out at $500

Pacemakers.com - still not sold! This one is tough. I didn’t pay too much - I have turned down a few offer - high of 20k.
I have contacted the top pacemaker manufacturers- startups -medical travel companies- every company with the name pacemaker or pacemakers included- celebrities - shoe companies- if you can think it - I have probably contacted them

Selling a great name is not quick and it isn’t as easy as you think. Luckily I can hold it but just a word of caution- don’t spend what you can’t afford thinking you will flip quickly

If you give me a qualified lead that buys pacemakers.com I will gladly give you10% - you don’t need to do anything other than give me the lead

Patience is king in this business- I almost ruined myself because my first big sale was so quick!

Can you clarify something, from the other thread:

"Selling Hatred.com brought a lot of attention,positive and negative, and I didn't handle it well. I have had sales just as big since,but that one was public, I don't publicize anymore."

Hatred - $150,000

Sales just as big, plural. Low end of sales would be 2.

So you said you had at least 2 other sales for around $150,000.

So about $450,000 in sales?

•••
Can you clarify something, from the other thread:

"Selling Hatred.com brought a lot of attention,positive and negative, and I didn't handle it well. I have had sales just as big since,but that one was public, I don't publicize anymore."

Hatred - $150,000

Sales just as big, plural. Low end of sales would be 2.

So you said you had at least 2 other sales for around $150,000.

So about $450,000 in sales?
No other sales at or over 150k

•••
No other sales at or over 150k

So "I have had sales just as big since" referring to Hatred.com

So that wasn't true?

Full quote:

Last edited:
•••
It still disgusts me the disconnect between what companies spend on everything besides domain names but will brand on a reg fee name or social media page and spend huge marketing dollars on tv, radio, billboards, PPC, print advertising, etc

•••
So "I have had sales just as big since" referring to Hatred.com

So that wasn't true?

Full quote:
If you’re looking for a fight it’s not happening. You can play semantics and pick my words apart - I agree with anything you say or imply.

•••
It still disgusts me the disconnect between what companies spend on everything besides domain names but will brand on a reg fee name or social media page and spend huge marketing dollars on tv, radio, billboards, PPC, print advertising, etc
I thought a sale to one of the 10 major pacemaker manufacturers would be a sure thing - nope

•••
If you’re looking for a fight it’s not happening. You can play semantics and pick my words apart - I agree with anything you say or imply.

? I was just looking for clarification, your 2 statements don't add up.

•••
? I was just looking for clarification, your 2 statements don't add up.
What are you looking for here Champ? I’m a liar - you happy? Keep skipping along hoppy.
Again, I agree with anything you say

•••
What are you looking for here Champ? I’m a liar - you happy? Keep skipping along hoppy.
Again, I agree with anything you say

No, it's just when I read the other thread it seemed like a good example of forum/sympathy marketing. I think it got 70+ likes. Then I didn't understand if you sold about half million in sales, plus had a job, why you would get excited about under $1000 sales from Undeveloped or worried about medical bills. I thought you're just trying to sale Pacemakers.

If I said I sold a domain for $200,000 and later said I had sales that were just as big. Wouldn't that mean I had sales that were just as big? It's not semantics.

That's why I asked for clarification. Didn't get any but I hope you sell that domain.

Last edited:
•••
No, it's just when I read the other thread it seemed like a good example of forum/sympathy marketing. I think it got 70+ likes. Then I didn't understand if you sold about half million in sales, plus had a job, why you would get excited about under $1000 sales from Undeveloped or worried about medical bills. I thought you're just trying to sale Pacemakers.

That's why I asked for clarification. Didn't get any but I hope you sell that domain.
I get excited by any sale! This is vacation money- I built a pool - bought a camper - but it’s cyclical. Some months I may have tens of thousands and then nothing for a year? I don’t do this full time and my names are limited so sales can be a bunch at once and then nothing for a while
I had a really bad medical scare around Christmas after spending a ton of money on the wife and kids - it ended up not serious and I sold some names.

•••
•••
Every time I see how far he has fallen I thank my luck for the perfect timing of that sale.
He was super nice to me and I hit him up every once in a while

Everything in life seems to be timing!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back