IT.COM

purchases Owning the full name .com of a Multi billion company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Only1903

Established Member
Impact
Hi Peeps,

I was looking around and found a company which is one of the BIGGEST companies worldwide with xx$ Billion revenue on yearly basis, they use the shortened name and not the full name .com, the full name is the official name but its not copyrighted i guess.

How shall i approuch them ?

Greetings

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dont keep things personal but if it was me i may buy it if its intersting

•••
I wouldnt approach them unless you know 100% its not trademarked. I think you will find its trademarked so be very careful.

Just curious why you registered a billion dollar company name??

•••
A better question is why that company hasn't registered it.

•••
•••
I wouldnt approach them unless you know 100% its not trademarked. I think you will find its trademarked so be very careful.

Just curious why you registered a billion dollar company name??

For selling it may for profit

•••
I would never register name of companies.

How certain are you that they will buy it from you and not send an army of lawyers to get it ? If they are a multi billion dollar company, be sure that they have a legal department.

•••
"I Guess"- You can't use such words when talking about trademarks.

Maybe do a quick google search- why guess?

If you are sure the name wasn't trademarked, then you wouldn't be on here asking if you can register it.

•••
forget about it.... in domaining world company were looking for shorter .com...

•••
it doesn't need to be tmkd,they can seize it under 'common law'.

•••
The only way registering it makes sense is if it also is a generic word or phrase. I've registered a .com domain that is the exact match of a company name that uses the .it ccTLD. But it is also a generic word in Portuguese. Otherwise they can claim that you registered it in bad faith and legally force you to give it up and maybe even have you pay for legal fees.

•••
forget about it.... in domaining world company were looking for shorter .com...

Yep, providing companies with a smaller core domain upgrade is the current domain trend.

That could be anything from an LLL/LLLL to a single-word brand.

•••
I would never register name of companies.

How certain are you that they will buy it from you and not send an army of lawyers to get it ? If they are a multi billion dollar company, be sure that they have a legal department.

That army of lawyers are the fixed cost for big company. They have nothing to lose to bring OP into legal trouble. :dead:

•••
Do a thorough research on tm of the name before considering whether to reg.

Even if you reg, avoid contacting them and also don't pack it on lander that shows advertisements. This may attract negative reaction from them.

•••
Back