IT.COM

@Outlook mail Opinions? Email end uers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
After the news this week of the future demise of Hotmail and the release of @outlook.com mail being released to the public, What are your thoughts on Outllook?

I am happy that i got [email protected] also [email protected], [email protected] and a few others for domain name future projects.

Did anyone manage to get any good names???

I was a bit gutted that they did not reserve Hotmail.com addresses for current users and you had to hunt to get your new Outllook.com my main email i used with Hotmail was snapped up within the first hour of release.

What are your thoughts on sending letters to end users from Outlook.com obviously not as good as a from my website etc but compared to others?

Regards Nebulalive!

Sorry about the spelling for the title that's what you get for watching the Olympic Games, while typing lol!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it may look a little more professional at the start, as not everybody will know about this change immediately, especially small business owners I imagine.
However, because @outlook is free, spammers will just abuse it just as much as @hotmail, so it will just be a matter of time before we're back at square one.

•••
my main email i used with Hotmail was snapped up within the first hour of release.

sort-of opposite for me. I had a hotmail name I liked over ten years ago, and lost it. I had quit using it because of spam, and when I checked it after several years, it was taken by someone else.

but I got the name in the outlook version.

•••
What are your thoughts on sending letters to end users from Outlook.com obviously not as good as a from my website etc but compared to others?

I personally don't send letters to end users, and with that said, I also tend to ignore business related inquiries coming form free email addresses. It just gives the appearance of a lack of professionalism.

Right now outlook.com is still fairly new and not known by everyone yet. But it soon will be as Hotmail users start migrating en-masse.

•••
I dont recommend using a free email service like yahoo, gmail or hotmail because when sending emails to end users they send your emails using the IP address your internet service provider has issued you and they are always on some kind of a blacklist.
And blacklisted IP's can go into spam folders.

To check your IP first go to,
IPChicken.com and copy your IP
Then go to MXToolbox.com and past your IP and check it for blacklist

Most likely it will be on 2 or 3 blacklist
Just about all ISP's blacklist your IP on purpose so that you have to upgrade to their business IP's for an additional charge, usually $70 to $100 a month just to get a clean IP.

I recommend these steps,
1. Create a company name for yourself
2. Then reg that domain
3. Find a webhost
4. Then create a website or just a webpage with your company name
4. Signup with LuxSci's email service and use their email IP's so you have a clean IP that is not on any blacklist
5. Create your own email address ie: Contact@yourdomain com and use Firefox Thunderbird for an email client and then configure the server settings..

Good luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back