NameSilo

Outbounding and phonenumbers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I wouldn't give phone numbers in outbound emails. I wouldn't give any info except the email,
and things related to domains.

Does adding phone numbers in the signature add any credibilty?

In that case would they really calll? I mean, people don't respond to emails, so
logically they won't call either.

So if they will find emails more credible but won't call, then it makes sense to add
a public sms number.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes they call and it does add some sort of trust - the possibility of them leaving you a text or call.

The number has to be US/CAN number though. I would recommend getting some app like Text plus for you to have a second number and use that for outbound alone.

It's not often you'd get calls but YES you will get calls from people seeking more details.

•••
I don't respond to fake names and I never respond from brokers without a url. I don't give a fake name when I introduce myself and will ignore everyone that does. I ignore emails every other day.

•••
How about this: I create a web site for free using someone else's tools, such as ones offered by a registrar, or wordpress,..
In that case how can I add a chat option. If this is easy (and free or cheap), I can create an office hour, so people can chat during that time, and leave a message at other times. So it would be obvious I'm available outside email.
Also I would like to have an online phone number which can be used with text only, but this wouldn't be clear until the buyer tries to make a call. And if he does, this wouldn't hurt.
I pay 3 figures for hosting every month, and get no benefit. It is a zombie account. Maybe I should quit, or use it in a different way. (just keeping files from an old site there).

•••
Yes, they do call and sometimes, they ask you to call them. I don’t think it necessarily has to be a US/CAN number though. I’m based out of The Bahamas and I’m always getting and placing calls.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back