Dynadot

strategy Outbound marketing to end users with no current web presence - Possible?

NameSilo
Watch

Rothex

ROTHEXCHANGE.COMEstablished Member
Impact
Hey NP,

I'm looking at registering a 3 word service domain which at first glance has about 10 immediate end users with an exact name match. The problem is these companies don't have a current web presence except for one with the .net extension. My obvious target is the .net user, but if nothing materializes from my outbound emails I need a backup plan.

Have any of you had success in targeting end users with no current web presence? I can locate phone numbers and addresses for these companies, and possibly emails on a few with some serious research. My initial thought is to craft a simple physical letter and mail it to the companies with my contact information. Thoughts? Is it worth my time?

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are they on LinkedIn or any social media? I would pursue that avenue if so. Do not think physical mail would be worth it.

•••
@maxtra Thanks for info. Just searched the name on Facebook and found closer to 20 exact matches along with a few other possible end users. Went ahead and registered the domain. For everyone's interest the domain is below. I'll update the thread with more info once I start reaching out to the end users.

P/e/r/f/e/c/t/E/d/g/e/L/a/n/d/s/c/a/p/i/n/g/ .com

•••
I have used social media profiles Facebook, Twitter and Youtube accounts to identify potential end users. While it is common to get some interest, unless you are willing to sell great domains for cheap prices, the effort will not yield many sales. Businesses which operate without a real website may see no need for one or at least no need to pay a premium price for a domain name. Facebook and Youtube are free and the concept of paying for digital assets is not widely accepted.

•••
@garptrader Great point. I had thought about that as well and probably wouldn't have taken the same risk with a domain I felt was worth more than three figures. Service domains are much like geo's in that the sweet spot for selling them is $300 - $600, unless it's truly a premium domain. I wasn't planning on getting top dollar, but if a few Facebook messages result in even a $300 sale, that's not a bad ROI for my time. You're right though, it may be a tough sale for most of those end users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back