Dynadot

discuss Outbound Marketing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Does anyone actually have any success with outbound marketing !? Whenever i've tried to contact people to offer a domain for sale which may be of interest, if I get a response, which is rare, it's generally along the line of 'stop spamming us & 7!55 off !

Not had a single reply, actually enquiring about the domains, making offers etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Larger corporations often have different sites for different markets/industry segments. So they need more than one just domain, not to mention that they usually own lots of ccTLDs to host localized versions of their websites.

But the main motivation for an end user would be to upgrade their current domain name.
So if someone is using onlineusedcards.co.uk or another variation, and you have usedcards.co.uk they should be interested, provided that they see the value and have the budget.
The other way round doesn't work too well obviously. They don't need inferior domains.
If we consider the COMPANY, they'll have you for free. If we consider the middle and the lower option, they will consider such a proposal - SPAM.

•••
•••
With (.co.uk) domain names, there are countless of unregistered short and memorable names. It's far from (.com) domains where short and memorable keyword-domain-names would be so unique as to convince a business to pay for it. As @Kate and others have advised above this name is long and not memorable coupled with the fact that it's in (.co.uk) extension. If you go to 'expireddomains.net and type used cars within (.co.uk) tab, you'll be amazed at better names that've dropped and remained unregistered. So as far as the UK is concerned, you will be lucky to get someone to pay you the cost of registration of that domain.

To back up my point, I just picked up dropped (.co.uk) name days ago: 'Uphone.co.uk' even though Ucar.co.uk just sold a couple of days before that. It might even be a hard nut for me to crack in getting to convince the popular UK comparison company 'Uswitch.com' to buy my short and memorable pick for one of its subsidiaries. UK domain market is not what you think.

Best of luck

•••
usedcarsonline.co.uk

Marketed to uk based used car dealers

(usedcarsonline .com listed on name .com for £193,000)

Domain name is quite appropriate.

I believe its something to do with your list compiled for targeted endusers for the domain name. There's a string possibility that your copy of email sent out to the following targeted leads may not be appropriate as well.

Are you personalizing each email sent out or bulk/mass emailing your targeted list is another important factor to consider..

I quoted a price which perhaps put them off as it was 'somewhat' less than the .com ! Perhaps they didn't believe the price of the .com or that I was asking so much less, it has to be a scam, can't win either way !? Too cheap....scam, too expensive.....scam !

Quoting a price before-hand is another factor which puts off probable endusers, along with the type of email draft sent out.

Last edited:
•••
You should start a outbound marketplace for domainers. There are many of us who would be ready to pay 25% to 30% commission. There is currently no such marketplace exclusive for outbound.

Not recommended because such services can only work with transparent setup and ethical business practices. I lost money trying such service about 7 months ago from a "so called friend" from the industry. Not naming anyone out of courtesy.

He didn't even bother to submit reports as committed and asked for, on multiple occasions. Though the person in question tried to offer refund once when confronted, however I requested for work to be done and reports submitted. Still nothing came up and we forgot about the refund as well.

Conclusion; Do your own work, selling etc.. or else try using a proper business setup, which is required for such services :)

Last edited:
•••
Not recommended because such services can only work with transparent setup and ethical business practices. I lost money trying such service about 7 months ago from a "so called friend" from the industry. Not naming anyone out of courtesy.

He didn't even bother to submit reports as committed and asked for, on multiple occasions. Though the person in question tried to offer refund once when confronted, however I requested for work to be done and reports submitted. Still nothing came up and we forgot about the refund as well.

Conclusion; Do your own work, selling etc.. or else try using a proper business setup, which is required for such services :)

From name pros ?

I too tried from a seller who mentioned success on domain sales thread. But very bad response.

•••
From name pros ?

I too tried from a seller who mentioned success on domain sales thread. But very bad response.

Its part and parcel of meeting and doing business with new people online. I believe I met him here first!

•••
What do you spent about foxmoz.com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back