Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss Outbound marketing

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
2,454
I have started my outbound marketing. The first domain I have focused on is MainStreetGuns.com
There are a lot of gun shops on MainStreet! My initial email is a cold call, so it is short, simple, and to the point . . .

Good afternoon. My name is Randall. I noticed that you own a gun shop on Main Street. I own the domain MainStreetGuns.com and it is available to purchase. Please let me know if you are interested. My number is XXXXXXXXXX.
The Gun industry is valued upwards of 50 Billion Dollars. The industry is very competitive, so owning a website that is easy to remember and connects with your physical location could prove priceless. Take advantage of this domain today, and keep it out of your competitor's hands.
Best regards,
Randall

Any suggestions are welcomed!

This is probably a domain many of you wouldn't register or buy. When you all look at it that way, it is easy for you to say I would accept $50 for the domain. However, I see potential here. Not just pie in the sky potential either. There is a huge pool of potential end users though. Guns are big business. I have checked Namebio, and it is somewhat difficult to gauge value. Im not trying to do an end around here with appraisals.

After the cold call emails when contacted about the domain by end user, what do you do then? If I get an email, hypothetically speaking of course;) saying they are interested, how much do I want for it? Emailing back saying make me an offer seems counterintuitive . . . I reached out to them first.

For a gun shop that is on main street this is a great name. I would argue it could be a brand name for them in addition to a website. But I still have that hypothetical email to get to!

I know this is one deal. It isn't strong enough by itself to get me in the black. I feel so strongly about this domain, I do not feel the need to take a lowball price. I tried to see how many gun shops there are on Main Streets in the US, but I had no luck. If you are a gun shop owner and are on Main Street, I have the brand and domain that is possibly the best. If your last name is Smith, great! Smith Guns might be difficult to sell to Mr. Yang when you are ready to retire!

Because of all of this on top of the fact we are talking a 50 billion dollar industry, I don't want to give it away.

Back to hypothetical email . . . how do you respond to question how much do you want for it?
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
IMO many of the recipients of your outbound email are likely sole proprietors of their gun store and operate on rather restrained advertising budgets.

And obviously all already have a business name and likely a corresponding named website.

So it appears IMO you must also " sell " the idea of mainstreetguns.com as a secondary, " re-direct domain name" and establish the benefits of the re-direct domain.

Price asked should be amenable to a small operation and likely as a secondary name IMO.

Most serious firearms and ammunition buyers already know where all of the dealers are in their area and probably know someone behind the counter personally.
 
3
•••
babble, babble, babble (from me)
I like the analogy of main street vs. wall street.
Don't limit yourself to just dealers on Main Street somewhere's.
Go after them all.
I did a quick check of stuff off the top of my head that I would go after. All goners.
gunsnstuff, gunsngear, gunsandstuff, gunsnstuff, guns/ammo, castnblast (available $1995), guns/beer (hahahaha). gunsngod is good to go (i don't want it) but gunsandgod is taken. shootingstuff is gone....who knows what else.
Nice find, who knows but I don't see it as a lottery. Reg fee for you? A few hundred ain't nothing to sneeze at.
I am new at this. If I was doing outbound (never have), list it for something right now, (that $x,988 seems to be magic??) send out your outbounds, refer them to your sale page, see what happens?????
Good luck with it.

My mind is funny. Like I just hand reg VrAffect.com. I can tell you I moved from recline to inline to inline all the way to affect! Imo effect is better, but it is gone.
verb (used with object)
1.
to act on; produce an effect or change in:
Cold weather affected the crops.
2.
to impress the mind or move the feelings of:
The music affected him deeply.
3.
(of pain, disease, etc.) to attack or lay hold of.
noun
4.
Psychology. feeling or emotion.
5.
Psychiatry. an expressed or observed emotional response:
Restricted, flat, or blunted affect may be a symptom of mental illness,especially schizophrenia.
6.
Obsolete. affection; passion; sensation; inclination; inward dispositionor feeling.


Point is, I don't recall how I ever ended up in or on MainStreetGuns.com. My mind is a funny thing I suppose! I am weird, I am creative and analytical. Very odd mix! I am a teacher who thinks law may have been my bread and butter;) And I also think writing, perhaps legal commentary was the sweet spot!

So whats funny about your comment about being broad, essentially, is that I try to stay very broad. I see Main Street Guns as specific to main street for sure, but there are so many man streets in the US I don't feel limited.
 
0
•••
IMO many of the recipients of your outbound email are likely sole proprietors of their gun store and operate on rather restrained advertising budgets.

And obviously all already have a business name and likely a corresponding named website.

So it appears IMO you must also " sell " the idea of mainstreetguns.com as a secondary, " re-direct domain name" and establish the benefits of the re-direct domain.

Price asked should be amenable to a small operation and likely as a secondary name IMO.

Most serious firearms and ammunition buyers already know where all of the dealers are in their area and probably know someone behind the counter personally.

So rebranding is highly unlikely . . . which I figured to be the case.
Secondary redirection is one way to go. Perhaps an expanding gun business moving to main street or starting a secondary location is possible.
New gun shop start ups might be my best shot then, which means all those outbound calls were kind of pointless.
 
0
•••
So then at this point it "feels" like valuation is somewhere in the 2XX up to 8XX range perhaps? Not a lot of love for the 1XXX expected offer right now.
 
0
•••
I have this hunch that if we went down to a gun shop on Main Street somewhere in US, after hours of course, it is more likely to catch them with a PBR, Coors, or Bud than some German or Belgium beer!

So rebranding is highly unlikely . . . which I figured to be the case.
Secondary redirection is one way to go. Perhaps an expanding gun business moving to main street or starting a secondary location is possible.
Dude, no. Don't limit yourself.
You even kind of said it, Main Street IS
Any Street, Any Town, USA!!
Go after them all. All the gun dealers or all that are in a town with a Main Street. I really believe that. Pick ones that appear they may have potentially larger budgets or do more advertising.
Hell, I could very well be wrong but....
I did not check, nor will I (at least till tomorrow, and only because I would be curious) but I like the sound of "mainstreetgunsnammo" or "mainstreetgunsandammo" or "mainstreetgunsandsomethingelsecoolorrelevant" better for this purpose.

Main Street is everywhere and for everyone. I not sure I would have thought of that myself but that is so right.

 
Last edited:
4
•••
Since you seem ambitious and self identified as " creative and analytical" I'll toss out a suggestion.

And I do like the name.

Locate the largest gun show or a very large gun show in your area.

Go to the show and meet face-to-face with many brick and mortar gun dealers who are there as vendors as well as many gun dealers who are primarily gun show only vendors, or mail order dealers, or private type sellers/dealers and, discuss and try and sell the name.
 
3
•••
Bog Seger is the man!

mainstreetgunsandammo is available right now! I like it as well. So is this mainstgunsandammo
 
2
•••
Since you seem ambitious and self identified as " creative and analytical" I'll toss out a suggestion.

And I do like the name.

Locate the largest gun show or a very large gun show in your area.

Go to the show and meet face-to-face with many brick and mortar gun dealers who are there as vendors as well as many gun dealers who are primarily gun show only vendors, or mail order dealers, or private type sellers/dealers and, discuss and try and sell the name.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/atlanta-gun-and-knife-show/

http://gunshows-usa.com/georgia_gun_shows.shtml
 
0
•••
georgiagunandknife dot com is available . . .
 
0
•••
Locate the largest gun show or a very large gun show in your area.

Go to the show and meet face-to-face with many brick and mortar gun dealers who are there as vendors as well as many gun dealers who are primarily gun show only vendors, or mail order dealers, or private type sellers/dealers and, discuss and try and sell the name.

Spot on and pretty brilliant.
hell, go after the sponsor of the gun show or however that would work. Perfect name for a gun show.
 
3
•••
1
•••
Spot on and pretty brilliant.
hell, go after the sponsor of the gun show or however that would work. Perfect name for a gun show.

Actually a pretty good idea.

Again though, you would have to find someone who is STARTING a gun show. =)

I would still throw out a proactive call to everyone in the Main St guns list..... that would be the most likely purchaser of the domain. Someone may just throw you a few hundred just to go away.

Going to a gun show to bug dealers? Eh, You are far better off just calling up every gun dealer in the area.
Keep in mind, going to a gun show costs both time and money.... and you will be quickly thrown out for soliciting business without being a vendor. You don't want to be THAT guy.
 
3
•••
back to your mainstreet gun shop

I think its a great domain
and you definetely done your home work


how to find a price

to me it s not important what sold

you are dealing either with small shop owners
or a country wide company rebranding

so for inbound I would think of a company that is trying to reposition itself and ask for
lets say $5.888 USD


for the main street shop owner:

how much can he benefit from that domain name?
can he save some advertising dollars?

can he reposition himself
as the main authority in a larger city
with the help of that domain?


how much is that worth to him?
in the next 10 years?

I would think of asking for anything in between
$888 USD and $2.888 USD is reasonable
depending on your clients wealth
 
2
•••
So $888-2888 for Outbound and $5888 for inbound. Thank you @frank-germany for that explanation. I would not have thought X for outbound and X + Y for inbound. Of course now that you have said it, seems so simple!! What is so funny, to me, is as a special educator I am to differentiate my instruction for my students. Never considered differentiating pricing based on in or outbound calls. Brilliant!!
 
2
•••
I'd add a reply request to see if you can get them to look at other gun names you might find, or you could sell as a broker.
I've got BiggerGun.com , and I'd be happy to give you 15% if you can get a decent price for it. I was going to use it as an adult site, but it might be better to use it to sell gun upgrades ( is there a market for this? ).
 
1
•••
For next round of emails Ill delete the fluff:)

I am struggling like hell (is hell considered cursing on NamePros by the way?) to put a price on it for the reasons I mentioned above.
I really don't know about others but I have to confess that I am exceedingly impressed by your determination to succeed and SURELY you will start counting 4 figures sales soon if you continue like this and your signature and handle says it all.

Fortune favors the brave and bold...

As a matter giving a tip, I use name of end user as my subject, not domain as most people suggested,. It makes the email very personal and increases click through.

My subject is "Dear Want2Learn" (No domain in signature)

And my opening is "Dear Want2Learn, My name is blah blah "I give reasons for contacting them . tell them that the domain name is for sale, thank them for reading/ sparing time to read the email and hope to hear from them and after my CLOSE, Include a sense of urgency, competition and one time opportunity to grab the domain name before someone else does.

In some instances, I use just the name of the company as my subject "Dear Company Name" The basic idea is to personalize the email and increase click through so that they can read the email.

There is not point trying to explain the value of a domain name when you contact them. Your domain name should be good enough to explain itself. Also make sure that every first letter of the words in the domain name keyword is capitalised in order to make it readable E.G MedicalBillingSoftware.com, SuperFast.com, BabyDay.com Hope you get the point.

I can't give out my template but I do hope you can figure out my points.

Some times when I find name on whois, if it is a well establish company, I google the registrant name along with their URL (without the extension) and I often found Linkedin pages to reveal their position within the company or any other article. If I don't find any information about the name of the registrant via searches, it means the person is not the owner of the business, probably just a web or IT guy.


This is very important to pin down the main decision maker... IT guy does nothing!

I hope this helps. Wishing you more sales... as you roll along.
 
2
•••
I'm starting to think that it's worth creating a mini-site to sell names into a specific market. That way you can give your buyers a choice of names. I'm doing this with some of my motoring names, and this is the site
Hot driversdomain names

It's not complete, and I'm waiting for some dns changes to resolve, but it gives the idea,

Selling names to gun dealers would be great for this concept.
 
1
•••
I have started my outbound marketing. The first domain I have focused on is MainStreetGuns.com
There are a lot of gun shops on MainStreet! My initial email is a cold call, so it is short, simple, and to the point . . .

Good afternoon. My name is Randall. I noticed that you own a gun shop on Main Street. I own the domain MainStreetGuns.com and it is available to purchase. Please let me know if you are interested. My number is XXXXXXXXXX.
The Gun industry is valued upwards of 50 Billion Dollars. The industry is very competitive, so owning a website that is easy to remember and connects with your physical location could prove priceless. Take advantage of this domain today, and keep it out of your competitor's hands.
Best regards,
Randall

Any suggestions are welcomed!

This is probably a domain many of you wouldn't register or buy. When you all look at it that way, it is easy for you to say I would accept $50 for the domain. However, I see potential here. Not just pie in the sky potential either. There is a huge pool of potential end users though. Guns are big business. I have checked Namebio, and it is somewhat difficult to gauge value. Im not trying to do an end around here with appraisals.

After the cold call emails when contacted about the domain by end user, what do you do then? If I get an email, hypothetically speaking of course;) saying they are interested, how much do I want for it? Emailing back saying make me an offer seems counterintuitive . . . I reached out to them first.

For a gun shop that is on main street this is a great name. I would argue it could be a brand name for them in addition to a website. But I still have that hypothetical email to get to!

I know this is one deal. It isn't strong enough by itself to get me in the black. I feel so strongly about this domain, I do not feel the need to take a lowball price. I tried to see how many gun shops there are on Main Streets in the US, but I had no luck. If you are a gun shop owner and are on Main Street, I have the brand and domain that is possibly the best. If your last name is Smith, great! Smith Guns might be difficult to sell to Mr. Yang when you are ready to retire!

Because of all of this on top of the fact we are talking a 50 billion dollar industry, I don't want to give it away.

Back to hypothetical email . . . how do you respond to question how much do you want for it?

My best suggestion is to go onto YouTube and learn everything on sales, selling, and sales psychology.

It's the most important part of domain investor life that almost everyone ignores.

I've spent years researching these subjects, so I won't lay out what took me years to craft but I can give you a few pointers that will help you with one or to aspects of the outbound sales eMail.

#1 - "Good afternoon. My name is Randall."
| You can drop this and get straight to the point. Every worthless eMail I get starts with this kind of greeting. CEO's and decision makers feel the same way. Recognize that it's 2017, your eMail address and signature will say everything about you that the recipient will need to know. If you don't have a great eMail address and you aren't using a proper signature then I advise that you change that.
*a signature also solves the "My number is XXXXXXXXXX." line.


#2 - "Please let me know if you are interested"
| Negative. This is too passive. You are giving them the option no to be interested. There are solutions to this, do the leg work and research how to fix this.

#3 - "The Gun industry is valued upwards of 50 Billion Dollars. The industry is very competitive, so owning a website that is easy to remember and connects with your physical location could prove priceless. Take advantage of this domain today, and keep it out of your competitor's hands."
| You are in the right direction, but you have to clean this up a bit. Use action words and create a sense of urgency. You can drop the initial part about the industry, and how competitive it is. I see where you were going with that, but you need to work on how you can craft your call to urgency with a cleaner message.

During outbound when the lead asks 'how much' never say 'make me an offer', have a price in mind. However you come to that price is up to you, just have a price you can communicate.

Honestly... if you are okay with $x - $xx profits, then you can continue targeting mom-and-pop main street gun shops. However, if you want big money you have to be prepared to deal with big fish. Your money is in gun chain stores and national operations.

Your time is valuable, spend it wisely.
 
9
•••
My best suggestion is to go onto YouTube and learn everything on sales, selling, and sales psychology.

It's the most important part of domain investor life that almost everyone ignores.

I've spent years researching these subjects, so I won't lay out what took me years to craft but I can give you a few pointers that will help you with one or to aspects of the outbound sales eMail.

#1 - "Good afternoon. My name is Randall."
| You can drop this and get straight to the point. Every worthless eMail I get starts with this kind of greeting. CEO's and decision makers feel the same way. Recognize that it's 2017, your eMail address and signature will say everything about you that the recipient will need to know. If you don't have a great eMail address and you aren't using a proper signature then I advise that you change that.
*a signature also solves the "My number is XXXXXXXXXX." line.


#2 - "Please let me know if you are interested"
| Negative. This is too passive. You are giving them the option no to be interested. There are solutions to this, do the leg work and research how to fix this.

#3 - "The Gun industry is valued upwards of 50 Billion Dollars. The industry is very competitive, so owning a website that is easy to remember and connects with your physical location could prove priceless. Take advantage of this domain today, and keep it out of your competitor's hands."
| You are in the right direction, but you have to clean this up a bit. Use action words and create a sense of urgency. You can drop the initial part about the industry, and how competitive it is. I see where you were going with that, but you need to work on how you can craft your call to urgency with a cleaner message.

During outbound when the lead asks 'how much' never say 'make me an offer', have a price in mind. However you come to that price is up to you, just have a price you can communicate.

Honestly... if you are okay with $x - $xx profits, then you can continue targeting mom-and-pop main street gun shops. However, if you want big money you have to be prepared to deal with big fish. Your money is in gun chain stores and national operations.

Your time is valuable, spend it wisely.
Good points you raised here. I have picked mine
 
0
•••
I think gunsandblades dropped today.
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back