IT.COM

Outbound Calls

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
Do any of you use a specific format or template when making those cold calls? I played around with something, but what I created did not seem all that great. So if anyone has anything and doesn't mind sharing, I would appreciate that!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm using those templates, short with only 3 paragraphs!

Template 1: #Make Offer:

Subject line: About xxx (your domain name)

Dear xxx stuff,

I hope this email finds you well!! My name is xxx, and I am the owner of the internet domain: xxx

I am writing to you because I am offering this domain for sale and wonder if your company xxx would be interested in acquiring it.

Let me know your interest, or if this information sparks any questions. Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Your name

PS: If this correspondence has arrived at the wrong department, please pass it on to the appropriate staff member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Template 2: #Auction:

Subject Line: For xxx(Domain name) - Auction Announcement

Dear xxx stuff,

Today, we’re making an Auction Announcement and we want to make sure you’re aware.

Up for sale with a $ x,xxx starting bid with NO RESERVE(at Your choice) is xxx (Domain name). Short, simple targeted domain for xxx business that is as memorable as they come.

There are only xx days left on the auction, so if you’re interested, follow this link and place a bid!

#Write your Link here!#

Let me know if this information sparks any questions. Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Your name.

•••
I'm using those templates, short with only 3 paragraphs!

Template 1: #Make Offer:

Subject line: About xxx (your domain name)

Dear xxx stuff,

I hope this email finds you well!! My name is xxx, and I am the owner of the internet domain: xxx

I am writing to you because I am offering this domain for sale and wonder if your company xxx would be interested in acquiring it.

Let me know your interest, or if this information sparks any questions. Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Your name

PS: If this correspondence has arrived at the wrong department, please pass it on to the appropriate staff member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Template 2: #Auction:

Subject Line: For xxx(Domain name) - Auction Announcement

Dear xxx stuff,

Today, we’re making an Auction Announcement and we want to make sure you’re aware.

Up for sale with a $ x,xxx starting bid with NO RESERVE(at Your choice) is xxx (Domain name). Short, simple targeted domain for xxx business that is as memorable as they come.

There are only xx days left on the auction, so if you’re interested, follow this link and place a bid!

#Write your Link here!#

Let me know if this information sparks any questions. Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Your name.
Thank you very much!

•••
•••
When sending out emails I have learned that you want motivation and how my domain helps them. Make sure you tell buyers that that your marketing the domain to all competitors.

•••
I think you have to put yourself in the recipients shoes. If you even manage to get the email in the right inbox, you have to get the subject heading correct. What I mean is, when I'm going through my emails, if I see a subject heading like "offer" or "opportunity" or "premium" etc, I delete the email before I even open it. Essentially your sending spam but you need to make it not look like spam.
I would personally make the subject heading the domain name and hope they open it, then you should keep the actual email short and to the point and ideally with the price your expecting as people are more likely to reply or make an offer if they know a ball park figure. If they answer that first email and show interest, that is when you can give them the sell and let them know the benefits etc.

As for outbound phone calls, I wouldn't. Nobody enjoys getting cold calls from people and it puts them on the defensive from the off. If I get a call and the caller ID is withheld or from a different country I just hang up.

Having said all that, I have never done any real outbound marketing, I just speaking as someone who receives emails.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I think you have to put yourself in the recipients shoes. If you even manage to get the email in the right inbox, you have to get the subject heading correct. What I mean is, when I'm going through my emails, if I see a subject heading like "offer" or "opportunity" or "premium" etc, I delete the email before I even open it. Essentially your sending spam but you need to make it not look like spam.
I would personally make the subject heading the domain name and hope they open it, then you should keep the actual email short and to the point and ideally with the price your expecting as people are more likely to reply or make an offer if they know a ball park figure. If they answer that first email and show interest, that is when you can give them the sell and let them know the benefits etc.

As for outbound phone calls, I wouldn't. Nobody enjoys getting cold calls from people and it puts them on the defensive from the off. If I get a call and the caller ID is withheld or from a different country I just hang up.

Having said all that, I have never done any real outbound marketing, I just speaking as someone who receives emails.

Good luck!

I always put the domain name in the subject line and my open rates are really good. I have an email tracker and if they open it 15 times or more, that usually means they will want to buy or at least make an offer.

I agree, cold calling to try and sale domains is something I would'nt do. I get cold calls from web designers all the time and they drive me crazy, lol!

•••
I always put the domain name in the subject line and my open rates are really good. I have an email tracker and if they open it 15 times or more, that usually means they will want to buy or at least make an offer.

I agree, cold calling to try and sale domains is something I would'nt do. I get cold calls from web designers all the time and they drive me crazy, lol!

What if they open it make offer you accepted and then they tell you to prove you own the domain u did and they stopped replying can u call them?

•••
What if they open it make offer you accepted and then they tell you to prove you own the domain u did and they stopped replying can u call them?

Hi, yes thats a different story. I will call them if they have emailed or called and had interest in buying and then stopped contacting me. Doesnt mean that you will close the deal but at least you tried. I have also called and left messages to buyers but some still flake out and disappear. Thats just the belly of the beast in domain flipping, lol.

•••
One thing to remember with outbound calls, the domain should be high quality........Doing outbound with mediocre sub par domains is a disaster.

•••
I have been doing some outbound emailing, and I have a new level of respect for those people that domain for a living, and do outbound emails as well. There is a lot that goes into it. Locating end users for domains for instance can be difficult. Well the part where you try and find contact info to reach them! Then there is customizing the emails at least a little.

Trying to find an end user for cobbcountybravesfan.com has proven challenging. Clearly going to need a miracle for that one! Any suggestions on end users? I have until 12/2018 till expiration!

•••
I have been doing some outbound emailing, and I have a new level of respect for those people that domain for a living, and do outbound emails as well. There is a lot that goes into it. Locating end users for domains for instance can be difficult. Well the part where you try and find contact info to reach them! Then there is customizing the emails at least a little.

Trying to find an end user for cobbcountybravesfan.com has proven challenging. Clearly going to need a miracle for that one! Any suggestions on end users? I have until 12/2018 till expiration!
With all due respect, what is "cobbcountybravesfan"?..........I am not seeing this as a domain worthy of outbound calls..........Please keep in mind that good and great domains need no explaining to an end user.

•••
With all due respect, what is "cobbcountybravesfan"?..........I am not seeing this as a domain worthy of outbound calls..........Please keep in mind that good and great domains need no explaining to an end user.

Great question! What it is is a mistake or process on the learning curve. It is registered. Has been and will be until December 2018, another mistake.

I actually think a tee shirt maker or blogger is the best bet to sell it to. 98% to simply expire. But I am going to try and move it!

Atlanta Braves moved to Cobb County, a suburb of Atlanta.

•••
Trying to find an end user

b r a v e s 4 0 0 . o r g

Straight to the point = .com vs .org (use defending strategy = only good things will happen and .com is for the Braves the best option, redirect or switch , whatever they decide, go hard :) )

•••
I have an email tracker

Would you mind sharing the program you use? I've been shopping for a new one and so far can't find one I like. Thanks.

•••
Locating end users for domains for instance can be difficult

That can be the hardest part! :xf.smile:

I agree with the person that said put the name in the subject line with a simple " this name is available" or something similar.

Don't put so many words in the subject line that makes it 'tail off' when they look at their inbox. That is a sure way to get an email deleted before it is opened.

•••
6 weeks ago I sent an outbound mail to some companies, out of which some have opened more than 20 times without making an offer. A company currently has opened 56 times from different locations with different devices without making offers too. These are large corporations. Some are having over 1 billion annual revenue. Is this normal? 6 weeks with rising views without a word. Should I follow up or I should just sit and watch. My first mail doesn't include price. Advice please

•••
genotify.com looks good. i just found it. i just need basic right now! and it is free.

•••
Trying to find an end user for cobbcountybravesfan.com has proven challenging. Clearly going to need a miracle for that one!

lol

damn right, you gonna need a miracle

:)

imo...

•••
•••
•••
I use it with Outlook 2016, and I am not sure what else its compatible with.

•••
6 weeks ago I sent an outbound mail to some companies, out of which some have opened more than 20 times without making an offer. A company currently has opened 56 times from different locations with different devices without making offers too. These are large corporations. Some are having over 1 billion annual revenue. Is this normal? 6 weeks with rising views without a word. Should I follow up or I should just sit and watch. My first mail doesn't include price. Advice please
I think and hope that you will receive a reply from them.
After sending the outbound e-mail I would suggest you to expand your domain registration for 3 more years. You will eventually do it since you spend your time for an outbound on this one.
If they checked your e-mail 50+ times than you are stuck into a corporate diplomacy.
Not sure if domain tracker identifies if your e-mail been forwarded to someone else?
Would you let us know what is the domain?
Would love to hear it is sold!

•••
•••
Back