IT.COM

report .ORG growth slowing globally, but demand booming in Asia-Pacific

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The growth of the .org gTLD has slowed in recent years. From an increase in domains under management(DUMs) of 9.7 percent in the 2010 calendar year and 9.9 percent in 2011, growth dropped to 4.3 percent in 2012, 2.6 percent in 2013 and then 1.3 percent in 2014, as per Dashboard reports published by the Public Interest Registry, the .org registry operator.
While growth is slowing, and maybe even declining in some regions, Asia-Pacific region seems to be following a different trend. About 1.37 million domains were registered in 2014, a 16 percent increase over December 2013.
The United States accounted for over half (56.4%) of all registrations followed by Germany (4.8%), United Kingdom (4.2%), Canada (3.8%) and then France (3.2%).
The industries where .org is most used are information (19.2%), manufacturing (16.0%) and miscellaneous services (15.0%).

The source of the article is DomainNews

The report published by the Public Interest Registry is available here

We have been seeing a lot of .org sales being reported recently. Not a day goes without some decent .ORG domain sale. It sure seems to be catching up!
Kindly share your insights on .ORG domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info and stats. Wonder if a "Star Trek" fan registered b.org
Seriously, will have to keep an eye on the available org's

•••
recently found a
keyword+bank .org were at available .. any coupon for .org?

•••
Thanks for sharing!
I love dotORG =)

•••
I have always liked .org.. much more so than .net... for specific things such as information, authority, and organizations.

•••
Thanks for this info. We recently sold some nice 2 words domains .org for low $xxx.
We really think they have a good market.

•••
Thanks for sharing...I've always liked a good premium one or 2 word .org

•••
I like .org second to .com. They tend to sell better than my .net.

•••
.ORG is growing and people are registering them more than most others except for .COM ;)

•••
It is not simply about domain registrations. Development matters too. The .ORG may actually overtake .NET within five years or so if it maintains its current growth and retention and .NET continues to shed domain names. The interesting thing, from a stats point of view is the one year renewal rates for new .ORG domain names. It is higher than that for .COM domain names.

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back