Domain Empire

Options for secure transaction for buying $150 name...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm buying a name from someone for $150. I contacted him through his registration record's email. He's given his address and asked for a check. I'm not comfortable with sending him a check, so I'd switch it to Paypal at a minumum.

But, what is the best option for something like this? I had a name I bought for $300 once and I used escrow.com for $30. I hate to spend that for a $150 name, but I will if need be. I could ask the seller to pay half, but I should have brought that up in the first place when I set the price.

What do most of you do in situations like this? What is the cheapest and safest way for something in the $150 price range?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
PayPal. It's not a problem.

•••
But, doesn't the guy I'm buying from need an account at Sedo and list the name there? I have an account, but I'm just the buyer and the seller has not listed the name there.

faisj said:

I use PaylPal and it works great, but there is no escrow service. I mean, I could pay him and then not get the name and PayPal would not be able to rectify it. Right?

compuXP said:
PayPal. It's not a problem.

•••
Thats no problem (for any question mail: [email protected]. )
I have done many escrows at SEDO and I am pretty glad with their service.
( I wish their PPC income was that good lol )

To get started with the Domain Escrow service, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Domain name Price agreed
Seller's full name and email Buyer's full name and email
Seller's address, phone & fax Buyer's address, phone & fax
Which party has agreed to pay the Sedo commission fee (3% of the sales price).

Both parties will receive a free Sedo member account, where they will be able to monitor the actual status of the transfer online.

If you have any remaining questions about Sedo's Domain Escrow Service, please don't hesitate to contact our Domain Transfer team at [email protected].

Last edited:
•••
Okay, now I see the "External Transfer Service" near the bottom of the prices page. It says that it's 3% with a minimum of $150 (I assume sales price, not commission amount). But, I don't see where I'd initiate this anywhere? Do you knwo where?

EDIT: I found it.

faisj said:
Thats no problem (for any question mail: [email protected]. )
I have done many escrows at SEDO and I am pretty glad with their service.
( I wish their PPC income was that good lol )

•••
Sedo's Domain Escrow service is the best choise :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back