Dynadot

status-monitor Opinion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know the buyer "Reguest" thread has seen some strange happenings and if this has been covered before then just apologies.

"Buyer" posts budget $100-$400 for names but when it comes to the actual crunch the budget is now $20-$80. Should that "buyer" be given a negative rep so others are aware even if no transaction took place or what do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Buyer" posts budget $100-$400 for names but when it comes to the actual crunch the budget is now $20-$80.
Please report these incidents using the Report link on the direct message.

Thanks.

•••
I did not make a sale so will leave it to others as the person in question ha a number of threads so this will occur again.

•••
I think, its a valid point.

Some kind of action must be taken, if reported.

•••
Please report these incidents using the Report link on the direct message.

Thanks.

I agree it should be reported, how many reports gets someone restricted from marketplace? So many people who start a thread want to make it known they will report someone if they say, send a .net when they request .com, it should work both ways.

On top of that, many have asked me what happens with all these threats? Like what happens to the person sending a .net when Poster wanted only .coms and reports them?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
trades done “requests", deserve special review

Last edited:
•••
I know the buyer "Reguest" thread has seen some strange happenings and if this has been covered before then just apologies.

"Buyer" posts budget $100-$400 for names but when it comes to the actual crunch the budget is now $20-$80. Should that "buyer" be given a negative rep so others are aware even if no transaction took place or what do you think?
I agree it should be reported, how many reports gets someone restricted from marketplace? So many people who start a thread want to make it known they will report someone if they say, send a .net when they request .com, it should work both ways.

On top of that, many have asked me what happens with all these threats? Like what happens to the person sending a .net when Poster wanted only .coms and reports them?

Thank you
Each situation is different and a restriction from the marketplace is based on those differences.

For instance,

Example 1: It's standard procedure for minor offenses to receive a zero point rule reminder first, followed by a negative point infraction if it happens again. A third time establishes habitual pattern and will more than likely result in a marketplace restriction (If previous infractions are still active) so the member can study the rules a while and be ready to follow them when the restriction expires.

Example 2: It's standard procedure for more serious offenses to be restricted immediately from the marketplace for safety and security reasons.

Obviously, the above are two different sides of the spectrum and there are different scenarios in-between. Each investigated independently from one another so that a moderator or moderator team can make an educated resolution decision.

In short, there's no one size fits all answer to your question, because each situation can sometimes be unique.

When it comes to a seller responding to a domain buyer request with domains that do not meet their specified criteria, it falls under example 1, above. We encourage members to report those instances so we can investigate and get more involved.

Keep in mind,

When a buyer says they have budget of $100 (e.g., in a thread) but later says they only have a budget smaller than $20 (e.g., in DM). = Rule violation (Bait and switch) - Please report these

When a buyer says they have a budget of $100, but offers less than $100 for a particular domain name. = No rule violation (Not all domains have the same value/interest)

We hope that helps clarify a bit more.

For internal purposes: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/3029634/message?message_id=5188330

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Let me know if you are getting responses from "request" buyers below the quoted minimum offers on the threads.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back