Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Open Source Banner Advertising Software with which CMS?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

seriousbizz

Established Member
Impact
1
Hello.

Q: Between Mambo, Joomla and Drupal, which one of these CMS software products do you think open source banner advertising software works well with?

Q: I know about OpenX - do you recommend any other open source product for comparison?

Thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Have you searched the forums/websites of these respective CMS choices? Typically speaking, you should be able to integrate virtually any advert script with a CMS. I'd maybe settle on which advert software you want to use, and go from there. Modifications are another possibility as well, depending on what you need. I believe there is a basic feature for banner ads built into most of the above, not sure if you're looking for more.
 
0
•••
from my research, i think openX is the best option out there, it integrates with any CMS really, offers powerful features,well worth the investment in time to learn it i think. Also would be interested if anyone has other opinions on this subject.
 
0
•••
yes i agree, openX is the best option, already worked with it and it's just easy and great
 
0
•••
Thanks all for your replies.

I'm glad your replies reinforced what I had thought. I tried the [earlier generations] of Open X when they were phpadsnew and MMM.

Do you believe there are open source CMS software applications that it works better with or do you feel it doesn't matter? :?

Thanks.
 
0
•••
I think it doesn't matter.if you search you will get several plug-ins to integrate it with wordpress or joomla or drupal
 
0
•••
Joomla & Drupal both work well with OpenX

Big tip , forget Mambo , it is a Legacy Sad piece of CODE.
ALL the expert coders and developers went over to Joomla years ago.
The codebase they still use at Mambo is basically unchanged after 3 years.

(Related to above comment , Only use Joomla! 1.5 , not Joomla!1.0
which was based on mambo 4.5x codebase as further development has been officially discontinued by Joomla.org)
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back