Dynadot

advice Only buy what (domains) you need

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I will not be buying any new domain names today. When I think of a new domain name I register it immediately. If I think of any names to buy or if a client happens to ask me to register a domain name today I will do it as usual. I will not be going after domains today based on a $3 discount. And I will not be buying any worthless domains just because the happen to be free today. No, today is not the day to buy your next .horse, .pw, .moe or .blackfriday domain name!..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get free SSL certificates with my hosting, and free privacy with my registrations as a standard benefit :)

I have a contrary opinion regarding registratons, and I am looking for names today. The cheap price means that if a name sticks, you have more chance of getting your money back if you offer it a less than normal reg fee. Of course, the normal rules of only registering decent names applies.

•••
Lol,

I am the another one, which yet to register a single .com domain, I hope I would register at least 1 .com name today.

•••
I have a big (read : HUGE) list of .COM domains which are probably not worth $9/year, but certainly worth $1-$2/year. Sadly I haven't seen those bloody $1 coupons for quite some time >:(

•••
The $1 regs seem to be for the first year and require a 2 year registration, and the second year takes the total cost over the standard price for a bulk registrar.

•••
If you have an actual use for a domain such as building a business website on it, buy it today. But just keep in mind - crap at 3.99 is just as expensive as crap at 9.99 or 8.15, and adds up almost the same.

•••
Personally, I think the $9.99 crap is 6 dollars more expensive than the $3.99 crap.

•••
I get free SSL certificates with my hosting, and free privacy with my registrations as a standard benefit :)

I have a contrary opinion regarding registratons, and I am looking for names today. The cheap price means that if a name sticks, you have more chance of getting your money back if you offer it a less than normal reg fee. Of course, the normal rules of only registering decent names applies.

I don't register names in order to get my money back
but in order to sell them very very very profitably

•••
There is a tiny - micro - niche topical interest area that I wish to explore domain name wise .

Have a few standard reg priced domains in that area and just acquired several more at the " reduced reg fee", so why not test the same mini-marketplace for less expenditures.

So am a buyer albeit spending less than a C-note.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back