Dynadot

Online Hunting Outrage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zeeble

New.Net Destroyer....Established Member
Impact
Online Hunting Sparks Outrage in US

The online hunting game allows people to shoot animals simply by clicking a mouse

A new form of hunting which allows participants to shoot wild boar and antelope by a simple click of the mouse is stirring up great controversy in the United States.

Online hunting has outraged animal rights activists, gun advocates and politicians from 14 states, all trying to get the sport banned.

Participants control a video camera and a gun by remote control, carefully monitoring animals on a remote shooting range via the internet.

A click of the mouse from the comfort of your own armchair can discharge a round of bullets. For extra money, the meat or animal's head can be shipped to your home.

Founders and members of Live-Shot.com insist the practice is ethical, and in particular allows the disabled to experience the thrill of the sport.

But the concept raises several ethical issues and critics have branded it "pay-per-view slaughter".

The first paid-for live shoot is scheduled to take place on Saturday on a Texas ranch, the only online hunting facility in existence. But activists and politicians are racing to get it banned before it can begin.

The website's founder, John Lockwood, claims opponents simply do not understand how the system works and quite how many safety procedures are in place.

"I am in full agreement that there needs to be legislation and regulation controlling it," he said. "But people are under the impression that this is a slaughtering machine and that's not what it is."

Michael Markarian from the Humane Society told the CSM: "Nobody ever said the wilderness had to be ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant."

I find this rather disgusting....

www.live-shot.com

Texas, what more can I say?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope it is a joke, if it is not a joke it come out from a perverted criminal mind and of course is that target who is actracted.

This is not sport it is just killing, and it is like killing by shooting from behind the shoulders, what's honour, what's courage, what's a man!

Where is the limit then? People like those could go to shoot at children in some remote village or people in the street , maybe just paying for a premium membership, just for their dirty sick fun, is not an exciting idea, eh heroes, isn't ?

Just criminals to me, sick minds. Sub humans, sub-monkey species. :imho:

Petition signed!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back