Domain Empire

Online Hunting Outrage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zeeble

New.Net Destroyer....Established Member
Impact
Online Hunting Sparks Outrage in US

The online hunting game allows people to shoot animals simply by clicking a mouse

A new form of hunting which allows participants to shoot wild boar and antelope by a simple click of the mouse is stirring up great controversy in the United States.

Online hunting has outraged animal rights activists, gun advocates and politicians from 14 states, all trying to get the sport banned.

Participants control a video camera and a gun by remote control, carefully monitoring animals on a remote shooting range via the internet.

A click of the mouse from the comfort of your own armchair can discharge a round of bullets. For extra money, the meat or animal's head can be shipped to your home.

Founders and members of Live-Shot.com insist the practice is ethical, and in particular allows the disabled to experience the thrill of the sport.

But the concept raises several ethical issues and critics have branded it "pay-per-view slaughter".

The first paid-for live shoot is scheduled to take place on Saturday on a Texas ranch, the only online hunting facility in existence. But activists and politicians are racing to get it banned before it can begin.

The website's founder, John Lockwood, claims opponents simply do not understand how the system works and quite how many safety procedures are in place.

"I am in full agreement that there needs to be legislation and regulation controlling it," he said. "But people are under the impression that this is a slaughtering machine and that's not what it is."

Michael Markarian from the Humane Society told the CSM: "Nobody ever said the wilderness had to be ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant."

I find this rather disgusting....

www.live-shot.com

Texas, what more can I say?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My thoughts too, my thoughts too, its one thing being there, but just shooting animals from your own PC, that is demented.

•••
thats crazy...

is that even safe to have people shooting guns from accross the internet. You'll get some crazy ass just unloading into the air or something.

•••
Yeah that site so be closed down we should have some petition.

•••
Wow. What's next? Virtual Hitman? Sniper lines up the target, cigar camera on barrel is calibrated to scope so that client has visuals, and from the comfort of your own living room or office, you are one click away from exacting your revenge. ~click~ bang! (Heck, someone else already must've had the idea! ClickBang.com has been regged since 8/95)

In all seriousness, the concept of using the internet as a medium to kill another living being, in real time, is truly demented.

Last edited:
•••
Its sad poor animals like,

•••
See I like hunting and I think that is a pretty innovative idea. Kind of wish I would have thought of it

•••
I like hunting too, but this is really disgusting. You are completly detached....

•••
Zeeble said:
I like hunting too, but this is really disgusting. You are completly detached....

How is it disgusting? Its no more then you would do out in the woods. So now you are doing it by a computer. Not only that but its on a Ranch. You also have th option of doing target practice as well ( No animals)

I could call them now and make arrangements to go to that ranch and hunt on it with a guide and gun in my hand . But it is wrong to do the same thing via computer? I dont get it

•••
Outside of instances where animals are a direct threat to humans or crops, I personally don't like hunting. I see an Outdoor hunting show on TV, and am amazed, and totally can't relate to the hunting mentality. But I'll give hunters their space, and don't really want to debate the subject. Several species became extinct during man's emergence 50,000 years ago and the practice has been a throughline right through to Buffalo Bill's target practice off of moving trains, and continues w/ poachers illegally preying on gorillas and elephants today.

By the end of this century, hunting won't be a debateable issue, anyways- the animal species that survive the hunter and habitat encroachment will all be in reserves and zoos, giving our ancestors the oppurtunity of imagining a rich wildlife heritage that was... that is, if the microbes, viruses and other tiny creatures, don't hunt down the human race first.

Last edited:
•••
Living in northen ireland i've seen what guns can do and i'm sure all the people who live in the usa were guns are legal know what they can do.

Does that not put you of?

•••
What? No they dont put me off. So because Guns are lethal Im not suppose to enjoy firing them . I happen to own several including a AR-15 .

•••
Hey, you don't even have to fire one to go hunting anymore. You can just click a mouse. Now there's an idea for you. A rifle shaped mouse, that has a kick and smokes after you fire on a link! :kickass: :lol:

•••
hahaha well call me crazy but I really like this idea. Hell I pay my bills, chat, work, and everything else online why not hunt too... I think it is great

•••
owning guns is fine imo, using them to kill is not! animal or human!

•••
ar-15

"shooting off" about the gun model abviously shows its some form of machismo then, who the f"£k needs to know about that if your just having this debate.

•••
webmark said:
"shooting off" about the gun model abviously shows its some form of machismo then, who the f"£k needs to know about that if your just having this debate.

Thats the buisness respect webmark!

•••
webmark said:

Acually I pointed out a gun model because it is my newest gun . Its clear to see that people in this thread are not into hunting or apposed to guns in general . So naturally you would be apposed of this type of service.

But I also must say I doubt all of you are vegitarians in here but hunting in any form seems to be wrong. I also am sure you have all had your fair share of double quarter pounders and whoppers in your lifetime. Just so happens someone had to kill the animal for you to have that burger. (Poor animal my ass)

If I were to go to the same ranch offering this service with my own firearms and killed the same animal or just said I went hunting in general nobody would give it any though if they didnt know about this site and service

•••
What burger?

I'm vegetarian.

•••
its the fact that you are totally detached from what you are shooting, making it seem like nothing... when you are out hunting you don' just shoot anything and everything, whereas with this you really don't care...

•••
well either way I think its a great idea. From what I can see they are not just sticking a deer or something infront of a webcam and saying fire. And I will probally get a membership and fire off a few rounds myself.

•••
It takes a really big man to go hunting not!!! They should try boxing if they are man enough!!

•••
So because I enjoy hunting im not a man? WTF is up with that. I dont go out there and get a dear then stick the damn head on the wall. I have gone several times in the past and I enjoy it. I dont leave the animal there to die and what I shoot I eat. Once again just like everything else in life if you dont like it you dont have to do it. IF you are that concerned about the animals stop wearing those leather Nike sneakers, those leather belts, and eating those big macs

As far as boxing goes I would be glad to get in the ring. I work out 6 days a week and am in pretty good shape.

•••
Hunting via the net is a bit questionable practise in my opinion. First of all it resembles slaughter when someone just zooms the scope with his computer mouse. But is it that different from the deer hunters sitting in a tower and waiting for the animal to appear ? The thing that makes me a hunter, is the whole game. Tracking down your prey, co-operating with your hunting dog, wandering in the nature and then cooking a meal, if you managed to get something. In the end it doesn't really matter if your scored nothing because you already had fun.

As slipondajimmy said, don't be a hypocrite. Is it somehow more acceptable to buy a ready-to-cook version of a pig from the supermarket than shooting the same animal yourself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back