Domain Empire

One of the Year's 3 Biggest Sales Heads New DNJournal Top Ten

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com and it was another blockbuster week. Our new leader went for over $150,000 to rank among the top three sales reported so far this year. Every domain on the Top Ten cracked the five-figure mark and the New TLD's had half a dozen sales at the four figure level including a nice $5,000 .info. Read all about it through the link below:

DNJournal.com Weekly Domain Sales Report

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the report, Duke. I always look forward to it.

•••
PM sent.
Thanks Duke for your great report!

. Maestrus

•••
Duke said:
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com and it was another blockbuster week. Our new leader went for over $150,000 to rank among the top three sales reported so far this year. Every domain on the Top Ten cracked the five-figure mark and the New TLD's had half a dozen sales at the four figure level including a nice $5,000 .info. Read all about it through the link below:

DNJournal.com Weekly Domain Sales Report

Nice job duke! :tu:

Nice to read that broker.info went for $5,000. Especially because I own brokers.info. :)

•••
Some interesting domains but thanks for the report.

•••
Thanks for the report :D

•••
Never would have expected some of those, Thanks!

•••
Duke, I was about to post how happy I was that you made a strong stand against eNom's club drop in regards to their lack of .us/.biz efforts, but that part of the article seems to have disappeared, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Please, tell me that eNom didn't pressure you to remove it? :( :?

Last edited:
•••
-db- said:
Duke, I was about to post how happy I was that you made a strong stand against eNom's club drop in regards to their lack of .us/.biz efforts, but that part of the article seems to have disappeared, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Please, tell me that eNom didn't pressure you to remove it? :( :?

No, they didn't. I remain very annoyed that they advertise that they catch biz/us when in fact they make no attempt whatever to do so. However, after adding the passage you refer to at the last minute before posting the sales column I realized that I should take my complaint directly to them to give them a chance to give their side of the story before blasting them publicly. I also think my comments on that issue should go in another section (like The Lowdown, rather than be misplaced in the domain sales report). So, for the time being, I removed that paragraph until I see how they respond. No one will ever pressure me to remove something I want to print (as long as I have the facts straight).

•••
Thanks for the list. lol they got a nice typo porker hahah

Spy

•••
Duke, thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear it.

You said what many of us have been feeling, as we seemingly waste our time with them on that issue. It was refreshing to hear somebody in your position speak up, and I personally let out a big "hell yeah" when I first read it. I understand why you removed it now, and I agree that there is probably a better time and place for it. Keep up the good work. You and DNJ are a voice for us, and one that can't be ignored.

:tu:

•••
•••
Thanks for the nice read! :)

•••
-db- said:
You said what many of us have been feeling, as we seemingly waste our time with them on that issue.

It has been a complete waste of time. I am not aware of them catching even one biz/us domain though they have been advertising their service since March. I would think they would be embarassed enough by being 0 for 3,000 or so to take down their biz/us notice until they are actually going to make an attempt at getting those names. At the moment, entering biz/us lists there is just a waste of time for their customers.

Incidently, I have more domains at Enom than anywhere else and their management features are among the very best in the business (I've had good luck with support too) so I take no pleasure in seeing them stumble on this issue at Club Drop. I hope they will either start trying to catch these extensions or delete their claim that they do so.

•••
Yep, I agree. eNom gets a big thumbs up 'overall' as a registrar. Still my favorite. :tu:

But Club-Drop is Club-Flop for .us/.biz domains. :td:

:!:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back