Dynadot

One.com - Super terrific experiments to manage the domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PhongSGC

Top Member
Impact
Since 2020, I always used TLDes.com to pick up the cheapest-transfer registrar move my domains. And since early 2022, I found www.one.com, so I started using it for my domain transfers. Then till now, all issues from it made me disappointed & mad. I only used domain solutions, so the below review is for domain only. Short summary:

Run away immediately if you would like to choose www.one.com for managing your domains.

It's still the days with super terrific experiments to manage the domains, my problem is still not solved till the time of this post written after I contacted their support for 7 days, to change DNS only.

This platform works with 1 domain per order, if you would like to do with multiple domains, you must do every domain separately, and all problems come with this style.

Before transfer

You must confirm each order by a code sent to SMS; but all you could not receive SMS, I resent many times with 2 other phone numbers. Then they have a system of forms, you must sign 1 domain per form then send to them, they would check and approve the forms manually within 24-48 hrs.

After transferred

All domains changed to their default DNS but all other DNS records still be kept, so a big problem comes: when you need to change DNS, an approving email would be sent to the previous registrar's privacy email that you could not access, and the previous registrar also did not send to you.

So you must contact support to sign many other forms, now you must attach your passport/driver license, ... to verify.

Here's my problem:

I used 1 SSL certificate for all domains on my server; before SSL would expire 2 days, I had renewed but I found that 1 domain failed. I checked and found that this failed domain is using their default DNS.
one-cert-expired.PNG
one-cert-failed.PNG

After could not change by myself, I contacted via chat, the supporter had given me a form to sign, I submitted with National ID card.
one-con-start.PNG

After 23 hours, they replied that they needed a passport or driver's license, I sent driver's license.
one-con-lic.PNG

Then they said my signature does not match on the form while I used this signature for many previous forms and it was okay.
one-con-sign.PNG

And I have to sign 2 other forms with new signature then resend, and waited for 36 hrs for a reply but they still didn't accept.

one-con-resign.PNG

After I said: "My ID & driver license don't have any my signature on them? How could they match together?". Then must wait 48 hrs to receive a reply I MUST send a different valid ID.

one-con-sign2.PNG

Till this, I really was too exhausted, I re-sent all IDs I have to any email of them ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]) but still silent totally.

one-con-silent.PNG

Till now, this SSL certificate expired but DNS till not changed & still waiting for their reply only. If anyone could help, than you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
forgot tagging some I followed, hope any1 could help

@Bob Hawkes @James Iles
I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties. It must be very worrying and frustrating.

I have never used the company, or actually even knew of their existence before you tagged me, so I don't have anything specific to recommend.

I looked to see if the company had a representative here on NamePros, but unless under a different name, could not find one.
https://www.namepros.com/members/?key=representatives

I also went to company page to see if they were on social media in a way to provide an alternative means of contact, but don't see one.

They have been in business for 20 years I see.

I wondered if they were a reseller or an ICANN accredited registrar, since if a reseller you would have options for resolution through the primary registrar. But they are ICANN accredited registrar 1462.
https://www.icann.org/en/accredited-registrars

You have sort of already done this, but I would restate to them what you have that you have provided everything that is available to you, and ask them what alternatives exist. Do you know personally another One customer who might vouch for your identity, for example?

I take it this has nothing specific to do with the security certificate, but rather they won't let you do anything with the domain because they have, for whatever reason, become suspicious if you are the true owner?

I would ask to have your situation escalated to a manager.

If after trying again for resolution at One, you do have the option of submitted a general registrar complaint through ICANN, but that would probably be a very slow process.
https://icannportal.force.com/compliance/s/generic-registrar

I hope you get resolution without much more hassle.

Sincerely,

Bob

•••
thank you so much for your help, now I had to sign & sent more forms

Here's their rely, it's so funny, I registered my domains as personal since 2009, now they needed me a company / Association to change my email

Really sorry but seems they want to stole my domains, I think that

Till now, I removed that domain to renew SSL certificate for others work, too bad

@Bob Hawkes

Hi there,

I hope all is well from your end. Thank you for waiting on my email update.

I have confirmed to received the change domain email address form, your valid id and your bank statement form however those were put on hold due to that since the domain got registered to us as an Association we will need you to also provide us the company stamp and letterhead or registry excerpt that will prove that your Association exist.

Letterhead sample is where it says on the letter stating that you are the authorize signatory to make changes on the domain and that must be signed with you or with the person head of your Association.
Best regards

•••
Is it easy to transfer out from One.com after 60 days?

Last edited:
•••
Is it easy to transfer out from One.com after 60 days?
absolutely NO

you would not receive any email, how to do anything automatically?

Then you must contact them manually, they will give you forms to sign, then you would be charged for handling fees

Last edited:
•••
here's another super terrific story about their services

now I need to change DNS only for 2 other domains; certainly I still have to submit many forms; then now there's a fee to change domain details of mine only, my domain are private; they even don't have knowledge to know whois details is from whois service from previous registrar (porkun)

whois.PNG

they run platform with error & bugs, then give support to customer for paid help

--------

and I ever wrote a review on trustpilot for their service, then trustpilot asked me an order ID to prove I'm a real customer, after I gave domain name to trustpilot, they removed my review to protect one.com, it's really so funny

whois2.PNG

---------

I also submitted a complaint to ICANN but really I dont think they would help
whois3.PNG

@Bob Hawkes @Porkbun @PorkbunLLC

PS: I wish ICANN would revoke domain license of this site, there was any case like this from ICANN?

Last edited:
•••
another funny update from their support with my reply

whois4.PNG

•••

now I need to change DNS only for 2 other domains; certainly I still have to submit many forms; then now there's a fee to change domain details of mine only, my domain are private; they even don't have knowledge to know whois details is from whois service from previous registrar (porkun)

Show attachment 219284

they run platform with error & bugs, then give support to customer for paid help

--------

and I ever wrote a review on trustpilot for their service, then trustpilot asked me an order ID to prove I'm a real customer, after I gave domain name to trustpilot, they removed my review to protect one.com, it's really so funny

Show attachment 219285

---------

Show attachment 219286

PS: I wish ICANN would revoke domain license of this site, there was any case like this from ICANN?
Hi. Feeling bad for all that grief you've gone through. On the positive side, would bet that plenty of people are going to see this over time and not do business with one.com. Best of luck to you.

•••

Show attachment 219284

--------

Show attachment 219285

---------

Show attachment 219286

Hi. Feeling bad for all that grief you've gone through. On the positive side, would bet that plenty of people are going to see this over time and not do business with one.com. Best of luck to you.

•••
Given your experience shouldn't the title be "super terrible... " ?

•••
Why companies with amazing names like one.com , names.co.uk, z.com give such awful experience?

•••
what a pity.....this company wasted a great domain brand ...I feel shameful for them......

•••
the only fact I am quite sure would that no domainers here will use their services.....

•••
I registered, just to answer your thread here..

I'm not exaclty sure what you are trying to do, since one.com doesn't offer customized SSL certificates. All their servers are running LetsEncrypt and applies SSL certificates for any orders, that has a webhosting package. If you are using another provider for your DNS and hosting, then what do you want one.com to do in this particular case?

I feel like there's a lot missing here.

•••
I registered, just to answer your thread here..

I'm not exaclty sure what you are trying to do, since one.com doesn't offer customized SSL certificates. All their servers are running LetsEncrypt and applies SSL certificates for any orders, that has a webhosting package. If you are using another provider for your DNS and hosting, then what do you want one.com to do in this particular case?

I feel like there's a lot missing here.
in first post, I said I only used their domain services & support; nothing else

And I also said that registration was very easy & fast; but it would be nightmare if you touch any edge of your domains: change contacts, update email, transfer out, ...

just try it if you have free time

•••
in first post, I said I only used their domain services & support; nothing else

And I also said that registration was very easy & fast; but it would be nightmare if you touch any edge of your domains: change contacts, update email, transfer out, ...

just try it if you have free time
I know perfectly well how it works as a matter of fact. I have no clue why it should be hard to transfer out, seems like you've had a very bad experience in this matter, but I assure you that this is not what it's usually like. You can take my words for that.

Changing contact information that is not "standard" is not hard, it's just a tidy process cause all of the legal stuff behind it. Updating contact email can be done from within the control panel fast and easy, there's even a guide for it. Transferring out is also easy and takes no more than 5 minutes - but in case you don't have access to your registrant email, it can be a tiring process, since a formular is needed in this case. But should be a max of 24-48 hours to change that email, due to the manual handling.

•••
Oh dang, I wish I had done some research before. 🤦

Last edited:
•••
They're still terrible, they haven't changed, I'm suffering with them right now.

One of the horrible negative features they have is that changing DNS needs an approval from them.

They have a lot of other terrible things.

•••
They're still terrible, they haven't changed, I'm suffering with them right now.

One of the horrible negative features they have is that changing DNS needs an approval from them.

They have a lot of other terrible things.

Thanks all, was about to start registering domains with them at $5.99 but after hearing these horror stories will likely stay away. I can't believe it - but I also see after the first year they are $26.99 for renewal. Worse than Big Daddy!

Anyone have any good experiences?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back