Dynadot

On Sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, now what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Varun Patil

Established Member
Impact
On sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, and I have mailed them about this problem but they are sending me mails to make payment of 8000 USD , now what to do ? I don't have even 5 dollars I am a student . I don't have that much money. How can I get out from this situation , please help me. They are saying that they will take legal action against me. Please help me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lmao, most hillarious thread ever
Thank you sir for your kind explanation , you came to me like an Angel, thank you very much sir

•••
just suggestion for you kids!
check the domain whois, and then email him or her! because the only one that can bring this case to the court is the seller! :xf.grin:, tell her/him your drama, or etc!

I am sure, he will not send you to the jail! well of course, seller, will not sue, you! but it doesn't mean he Cant!:xf.grin:
Maybe this seller has been thru this before, and Mr.Patil picked the wrong day to hit that BIN button, maybe he will make an example of Mr.Patil, so no other Mr.Patil wannabe ever does this again.

Mr.Patil, is it Patel, or Patil?

•••
This whole thing has got me all stressed out! I started smoking!

•••

Or Liam Neeson...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my domain I can tell you that you don't have the money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long domaining career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you send the funds now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will open a support ticket to have you banned from Sedo."

•••
Interesting thing is that the OP states the domain was Lapresa*com. I checked the whois and there is no privacy. The registrant is Howard Hoffman.

I then searched here on NP for the name Howard Hoffman and found that he is mentioned many times in this forum.

Seems the seller is a long time domainer and writer....
The new Cover Story is out at Domain Name Journal.

Off to See the Wizard: Will WLS Demolish Domain Drop Catchers?

The story focuses on what WLS will mean for the owner of one small business - Gordon Martin, who runs the independent drop service DropWizard.com. Martin faces a major blow to his company and is understandably anti-WLS.

There is a companion piece this month (also on the front page, just below the Cover Story) with a completely different view of WLS, written by Howard Hoffman, a domainer who is an advocate of the new service.

We are hopeful these articles will put a human face on the whole WLS controversy and be informative to those who are still wondering exactly what is at stake.

Seems this buyer might have an understanding seller if he approaches it correctly. Good Luck.

•••
I once took a loan with interest because a shitty ass like this placed a $21,000 bid on my domain on Sedo which I accepted. He never showed up again and I was left with a debit to pay.

This guy deserve a slap :banghead::punch:

•••
Sedo doesn't threaten legal action themselves, they make the buyer aware that the seller is able to pursue legal action.

that makes more sense.
but thats not what he said.
hence my comment.

cheers

•••
that makes more sense.
but thats not what he said.
hence my comment.

cheers
Sorry, that comment came off as curt and crass, which wasn't my intention. Indeed it looks like the OP is flustered and incoherent in their explanation of the situation.

•••
It's not just a click, you checked a box that agrees to terms and conditions.
This is the real question. There's plenty of friction leading up to ultimately purchasing a domain. It simply doesn't happen haphazardly.

•••
Sedo Transfer Agent
Dear Varun

Thank you for your message.

When you placed your bid on the domain name, you were informed that if accepted it would be legally binding.

As the bid was accepted a legally binding purchase agreement has been reached. As such you are responsible for paying for this transaction.

You can find the contract in your Sedo Account/Transfer Center at “Transfer Documents”.

As such you are responsible for paying for this transaction and it is not possible to withdraw from the contract you have reached

The seller may start legal proceedings against you, as you are breaking a purchase agreement.

Moreover, the cancellation in our system has no influence on the contract you have reached with the seller. The contract will still remain a legally binding document.

We kindly ask you to arrange the payment to our trust service bank account. You can find our payment details at “my Sedo” -> “Billing”. Our bank details are listed in the payment note.

Please let us know if you still insist on a cancellation or if the payment will be arranged to avoid any legal consequences that may occur.
This is msg from sedo
I know it was my mistake , and Iam accepting it. It was one unknowingly, please help me

•••
You cant but feel sorry for the seller. They thought they're selling, now they're not.

Correction: feel sorry for the seller rather.

Last edited:
•••
•••
c4bc1582eba66aa7b541ca87d56303ee.gif
Thank you for your guidance
Now click your heels 3 times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there."

•••
Unless you can convince them some how it was a mistake (insert dog ate my term paper story here) you will be kicked out of Sedo

But Sedo' people are aware of NP and 8k large enough not to slide under the radar so a tree fell on my computer story not going to be helpful after this thread

•••
•••
•••
•••
But the fact is they haven't transferred the domain to me yet , because I have not done payment

oh come on, now you want the domain without paying..

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you
The person's domain you did not pay for lives in Palo Alto CA, my guess is he has a pretty good lawyer, PALO ALTO hmm FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, APPLE lots of $$$, lots of lawyers

•••
I think depend where he live! if he live in India, I am sure he safe! but he live in UK, there is a chance, that the seller and sedo, will ask some money to settle this case:xf.grin: or if he can't pay, he will go to jail! but I have feeling, he live in UK :xf.grin:, that's why he so scared! :xf.laugh:
He is actually in India, western side Maharashtra, the bollywood hot spot. 120M people in his province, sedo will have to send many investigators to find him, the British have been there before so maybe they can outsource out to 007.

Last edited:
•••
Actually a nice domain - could be used by people who seek to change their identity :xf.grin:
May be he can make it into a blog and blog about his bidding experiences. Not bad either, "I started my domaining career as a student..... after ten years i am domain consultant"

•••
Ok this thread, made my day today, legit! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back